NZNL - Race 5 - The Inspectors 121 at Chicagoland

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Chequers

Post by Chequers » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:06 pm

That's it! I quit this league. I cannot believe the disregard certain drivers have for ALL others. I was comfortably in 9th and got taken out - down to 28th and 35th after the necessary pit stop. Worked my way up to 30th (doh!), went in for my last pit stop and got turned on the exit from the pit box by the same guy who took me out of 9th place and I get BLACK FLAGGED for exiting the pit lane incorrectly.
For each of the races in this season I have done my best to be courteous to the drivers lapping me and have pulled out of their way as soon as I felt that it was safe to do so. I've tried to slow down and pick my way through the inevitible wrecks and I've tried to race off the racing line when my tyres are past their best but none of those things have helped my racing what-so-ever.
Every week I seem to get caught up in all sorts of incidents which are not of my making, and I spend most of the race charging around at the rear of the field. It's no fun putting up with that sort of rubbish week after week so I'm going to avoid the stress and watch TV or read a book or maybe even do some work for the shop.
I'm going to give the Hardcore league a go. At least there will be less drivers and they will be racers with a bit more discipline.
Cheers. Good luck with the rest of the league. :)

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:09 pm

Drove with a bit more caution this week, especially around accidents and it paid off as I managed to avoid pretty much everything but probably had a bit on luck on my side as well.

Pleased with second all things considered.

Well done Wood on a fine drive from the back. ;p
Monster

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:10 pm

Big Al wrote:Qualified 33 and worked my way up to 13th before getting caught up in the accidents.... when will people learn to slow for accidents??
Unfortunatly it's the same people i seem to have trouble with each week.
When will people learn to control their cars? There were a huge number of poeple self spinning that race and causing huge dings because of it.

I just watched the whole thing through again at high speed and there are a disturbingly low number of laps I got around without having to dodge some sort of accident.

Thanks to Odie for bumping me over near the end when I was on my roof. You were gonig pretty slow so I'm assumnig it was intentioal. It is highly appreciated _b
Last edited by Eagle32 on Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:10 pm

Had my 2nd pole in my 2nd race :D & lead the 1st 20 laps :) before i got caught up in some one elses crash. :( Mind you it was going to happen sooner or later, in those 1st 20 laps i must of paced about 10 Crashes.
Was involved in about 3 other crashers before the race was done.
end up 19th after making 6 pit stops. owell prity happy with pole

Man that was a Crash fest.

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:16 pm

Wood wrote: Dick ripped himself slightly by pitting early so his tyres were buggered when it counted
My tires were buggered when I decided to pit. ;p
Monster

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:17 pm

Be pedantic then ;p

Edit: D: where'd ya sig go?
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:18 pm

People are unhappy with your driving Murphy, you need to be a bit more careful when you dive bomb corners etc, make the corner on the inside instead of going wide and taking people out.

All race I heard people bitching about you, I think you should be more careful and listen to what people say before you get removed from the league. o_O
:>

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:19 pm

Err, Mr Murphy, there will be protests lodged about your driving.

While you are very fast, you also appear to be involved, or be an involving factor in some. Both last week and this week.

One simple example tonight was when 3 cars were going around turn 1 and 2, and you screamed up into these cars and caused a crash. You came up in my mirror very, very fast, went on the inside and 3 cars then crashed. Had you taken you foot off the accelerator seeing there were slower cars in front of you, things might have ended up differently.

Fast is good, and should be commended, like your pole positions. _b

Fast without control is not good. q-

Just because you can go faster than the car in front of you doesn't mean you need/should overtake them at the earliest opportunity.
YouTube videos

wide load

Post by wide load » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:23 pm

Murphy's Law wrote:Had my 2nd pole in my 2nd race :D & lead the 1st 20 laps :) before i got caught up in some one elses crash. :( Mind you it was going to happen sooner or later, in those 1st 20 laps i must of paced about 10 Crashes.
Was involved in about 3 other crashers before the race was done.
end up 19th after making 6 pit stops. owell prity happy with pole

Man that was a Crash fest.
Of those 10 crashes you probably caused 9 of them. :ffs:

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:25 pm

Agree with the Murphy comments, some racecraft wouldn't go amiss along with that speed.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:27 pm

RRRRiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppppppeDDDD

Ho HUm :)

We Love The Commitee! And Ron Too :)
"Run Yasmine Run"

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:35 pm

Yes I don't think anyone has actually let Murphy Know so I'll let him know now :)

Murphy, we spent the first few weeks of the league trying to get people to slow for incidents and be more aware of the race situation around them, always be courteous of other drivers where possible, don't race too close because there is lag on line. If you see smoke around the track or cars spinning, lift off at least, work out how you might get through the incident carefuly rather than gun it through it and hope for the best, because you will hit others slowing down for the incident.

You are a new driver and we welcome you to the league, but you have to respect all drivers on the track and drive fairly, but drive competitively by all means, please read the threads for all the previous races (just search for the track name) and you will see the conversations we have had about driver behavior :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:25 am

First of all sorry

Idid not get any coments last week so i could not improve this week.
now that i know i well try not to improve for next week.
I saved this weeks replay so i will watch it to see what i did wrong and be the first one on the track next week.also i will try to run in the Practice on tusday. I think it might be a lack of experience.

again sorry

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:09 am

Eagle32 wrote:

Thanks to Odie for bumping me over near the end when I was on my roof. You were gonig pretty slow so I'm assumnig it was intentioal. It is highly appreciated _b
What else could I do, I would have had to wait until you called for a tow, so I figured I would try and help you out, since the ding you were involved in messed up my pit exit.

Your welcome by the way. Courtesy goes a long way in this league.
Odie

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:14 am

Qualified 16th ran 12th and 11th first 15-20 laps then after avoiding many crashes ran into some,others when slowly carefully to avoid was overtaken by cars not slowing ,rammed from behind and into a car pitting,ended on my roof at one stage and needed tow finished 29th,when my tyres were wearing ran high let the people through with better tyres but when I had good tyres had to wait sometimes 3 or 4 laps before making passes on some cars that were all over the place on worn tyres seemed to be many many spinning cars causing wrecks?I think too many drivers were running on too much worn tyres.It was a pretty hectic race
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:40 am

Murphy's Law wrote:First of all sorry

Idid not get any coments last week so i could not improve this week.
now that i know i well try not to improve for next week.
I saved this weeks replay so i will watch it to see what i did wrong and be the first one on the track next week.also i will try to run in the Practice on tusday. I think it might be a lack of experience.

again sorry
I assume the "not improve for next week" in your post was a typo, and thanks for fronting up and acknowledging that there is room for improvement due to lack of experience. Heck I've been doing this for ages and there's still heaps I can improve on.

I commented on last weeks race, here it is from the Indy thread page 8:

"Couple of incidents I woulda protested if I didn't miss the deadline.

So I will describe them for educational purposes:

Laps 8 & 15 Scott and then Murphy punt me, no passing moves involved just too close and too fast.

Both possibly racing incidents, but avoidable, firstly, Scott please take note that if you close up on a car into and around a corner in the draft (especially a slower car) and your on their 6, there is a high chance you will collect the car in front after the corner.

So I suggest you either hang back, change your line to go under or wait for the next time round if you gotta pass and line em up for a pass BEFORE the corner.

In the second one, yes I was slow thru the short chute, but there was no room into the corner Murphy and the tap was unnecessary. I came down towards the apex of the next corner and you misjudged the speed it looks like. You didn't have your front bumper up to the rear wheel as in the rules, there was no spotter call, I knew you were behind me and expected you to take me after the corner not in the middle of it, thru the boot.

As the rules state as the passing car you have the responsibility for affecting the pass cleanly, you were obviously quicker if I thought you were in position I would have let you go, mind you in that short stretch between the corners there wasn't much opportunity anyway.

In both instances I believe there was room to effect a clean pass if the following car was in position, I was neither blocking or hogging the race line or whatever we currently call it. I may have used wider lines thru mid corner, but in neither case do I see the pass being attempted cleanly.

If I was doing something wrong I'd be pleased to know about it and learn from it also.

The second tap was the worst as I ended up against the wall facing oncoming cars stuck for ages waiting for the gap, race effectively over.

More than happy to discuss further as needed. "

There are possibly some protests coming your way from this week's race Murphy I suspect. bascically it comes down to situation awareness and giving others racing room.

Attending Tuesday night practice and/or the Rookie race pre-main event Wednesday would be a good idea, plus getting on Ventrillo so the experienced guys can give you some pointers.

You are obviously fast, but the apparent bull in china shop approach is raising issues, I for one gave you plenty of room as I don't know what and when you were gonna do.

All solvable Murphy no worries, next week will be a different again as its an enduro and super speedway I think, so Drafting is king and passing should be reserved for last few laps as lots of ducking/diving for position will just slow you and everyone else down or worse cause high speed accidents that will stuff your race right quick.

So please get your Ventrillo sorted if you can and get plenty of online practice in and seek some tips, and don;t forget to re-read the rules posted at SimracerHQ as they lay out the expectations very well.

If we all work from the same playbook, we will all have fun, which is the name of the game.

Your very welcome to the league, especially as another fast kiwi, for next time we take on the aussies :D

Have fun cya next week :)
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:20 am

Well what a shit race that was for me and team google. (maybe we needed ron to help us :))

But I would to remind people about the cool down lap. I got tangled up by a simtv car going for the big hit on inspector. This would have been after they had finished the race and me laps down (well 6 really) I was still going on my last lap.

As I did not drop any places I will not be putting in a protest. but just something to keep in mind.

thanks in advance :D
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:08 am

Rookie race was fun! :D

About 5th lap I hear 'Leader coming through' so keep my line. I then get a hit from behind, spin round and round and slowly tip onto my roof. I check my tires to see that I have blown both my fronts. Then I hear Inspector say 'Someone hit Aaza back over'. Thanks to the person who did hit me over!

So I'm turning into the pits with my front tyres. Get into the right line and then I reved it and I spun onto the grass. I couldn't move! Someone kindly went and pushed me but then they got stuck. Then I'm back at my pits with a 30 second tow-truck penalty and then a 22.8 second pitstop.

I finished 14 laps behind the leader ;( and in 15th (Last in all the rookies)! :>
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:14 am

And I won't mention the other three hits... :)
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:20 am

Had a reasonable race overall i suppose, must agree with the comments on driver control there were far too many self spins, which points to lack of practice!! It's only fair to your fellow racers to know thre track properly and for those who are constantly spinning i suggest a lot more track time is needed!!

Ended up 7th after hitting 2 big accidents, manged to avoid the rest :) Had a good run in second then down to 18th or so etc etc

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:22 am

storm wrote:ian and red u queer f***s why can't u just stay the f*** out of the way when u are being lapped instead of jamming it 3 wide into the corner cheers for nothing
thats a bit rough storm , you where guilty of taking half the feild out at indy twice and no one said a thing

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:04 am

Nothing like a good ol' forum face crackoff.

:D

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:13 am

ronwest wrote: thats a bit rough storm , you where guilty of taking half the feild out at indy twice and no one said a thing
Umm, the video shows Storm being hit by Tony G from behind on turn 4 that started the whole front straight debacle D:

The same video shows one of Murhpy's overtaking techniques of screaming up on slower cars at 5'00" q-
YouTube videos

storm

Post by storm » Thu Jun 02, 2005 9:56 am

thanks prom

ron maybe u should watch race first before u post :P

yus that is right it was tony g that caused that he took me out starting the whole thing
and i move out of the way of the faster drivers to let them past easily most of the time its just a pity more ppl can't do the same

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:08 am

storm wrote:thanks prom

ron maybe u should watch race first before u post :P

yus that is right it was tony g that caused that he took me out starting the whole thing
and i move out of the way of the faster drivers to let them past easily most of the time its just a pity more ppl can't do the same

i wasnt deneying you got taken out, i was commenting on how you brought attention to it in the forum, and the fact your where just as guilty the week before, but no one made comment, if they did not to the extreme that you did.

we all get ripped , it's part of racing on wednesdays, but there no need to go beyond the point of a retort to actual verbal offensive abuse.