NZNL - Race 5 - The Inspectors 121 at Chicagoland

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
storm

Post by storm » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:21 am

ronwest wrote: i wasnt deneying you got taken out, i was commenting on how you brought attention to it in the forum, and the fact your where just as guilty the week before, but no one made comment, if they did not to the extreme that you did.

so why was i just as guilty.was it because i held my line and got shunted for it because tony used me for a brake ?

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:23 am

Ahh :D

So who is the King of Rippage ?

We need to salute them ! Who has the magnets implanted in their car that attracts all the other cars on the track to gravitate towards them ?

Slow day :p
YouTube videos

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:26 am

storm wrote:
ronwest wrote: i wasnt deneying you got taken out, i was commenting on how you brought attention to it in the forum, and the fact your where just as guilty the week before, but no one made comment, if they did not to the extreme that you did.

so why was i just as guilty.was it because i held my line and got shunted for it because tony used me for a brake ?

the week before, you drove out onto the track twice in front of the pack, after getting in a tangle, the first time you caused the big pile up.

i was saying ur where just as guilty for doing something dumb.

no one called you gay or said ferk because of what you did.

being you have quit the league anyways, cant really see the point of carrying this on in the thread
Last edited by Guest on Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:41 am

Isn't this all academic anyway in that the race in question was the one before last, discussions, protests, penalties etc should've been dealth with a week ago. There is no future in going over this ground today is there.

Note: The Guilt or Innocence of parties to crashes is established by the Committee via the protest system, not by escalating forum debate.

Dwelling on the past won't help much IMHO.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:58 am

Well I'm still pissed about last night. I wasn't going to post in this thread b/c I would get mad all over again. But I remember in another thread Inspector saying that him and a couple of other guys make up almost the main percentage of post on this forum. I had a couple of dings that I couldn't get around but with less than 10 to go I was having another great race (would have been three top fives in a row, that is a major improvement for me) but a random bad piston blew the engine and I ended up finishing 26th instead of 4th.

I guess I need to come to terms that it's just a game. My wife was mad yesterday because I was so upset with my outcome from yesterdays race.

Sure can't wait until next week and at least one good thing is to be able to qual next week for the big drafting race. Cheers everyone.

Oh yeah on a side note I believe it was Scott I still need to look at the replay, but we were side by side in a turn and had to slow for a ding and I got into the side of you once I hit the brakes for the ding. I said sorry to you on Vent but wasn't sure if you heard. So sorry mate for getting into you.

vksol

Post by vksol » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:06 pm

Well i got to finish a race with you guys after missing the start a couple weeks back. Firstly I want to apologise to #32 for turning you around in turn 2 late in the race, just a bad judgement call on my behalf and I hope I didnt cost you any places.

I reckon I am the worlds worst qualifier and started from 18, a bit of careful driving and tyre conservation got me into the top 10 at the first round of pit stops, continued to move forward and was firmly entrenched in the top 5 until I got caught in a prang down the main straight, was still hopeful of a top ten finish after that and had got back to 9th prior to my brain fade mentioned above and finished 11th.

All in all a heck of a lot of fun with the majority of drivers giving room when able, I was really impressed, a couple loose cannons out there but you guys seem to have that in hand.

Thanks for the racing and I look forward to next week

Cheers
Mike

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:51 pm

Prometheus wrote:Ahh :D

So who is the King of Rippage ?

We need to salute them ! Who has the magnets implanted in their car that attracts all the other cars on the track to gravitate towards them ?

Slow day :p
Well, I qualified in 4th and finished mid 30 something.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:59 pm

Good to see you keeping your form up :D

truely gutting to see you getting ripped as much as ya do Fly

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:45 pm

TonyG wrote: Ended up 7th after hitting 2 big accidents, manged to avoid the rest :) Had a good run in second then down to 18th or so etc etc
Would have liked to have to earn that 7th instead of you getting it on a silver platter :D
Odie

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:52 pm

Courtesy of TonyG

Odie

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:55 pm

odonohuesp wrote:
TonyG wrote: Ended up 7th after hitting 2 big accidents, manged to avoid the rest :) Had a good run in second then down to 18th or so etc etc
Would have liked to have to earn that 7th instead of you getting it on a silver platter :D
Of all the crashes last night, your one was the worst I saw Odie, Why would someone 5 or more laps down try to pass you on the last corner when your racing for a position. I was behind Tony for the last lap looking forward to see if he could pass you or not (but not in the way it happened).

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:49 pm

odonohuesp wrote:
Hehe, yep I had better tyres and was catching ya, so would have got ya anyway :p

Damn shame the way it happened, I Pmed Ian and suggested he shouldn't have been racing with "battling" cars, hopefully he will learn from that.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:36 pm

Woulda, shoulda, coulda...we will never know. I planned to block ya if it came down to it...since I can do that at the point in the race :)
Odie

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:15 pm

Did you say block O_o
Wah Wah Wah

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:18 pm

Well i got caught in a few prangs, but apart from that happy with my 6th position. just glad to have a top finish, first since race one.

Btw thanks riven, odie & J ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:18 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Did you say block O_o
From Da Rule Book

Defending your racing line is acceptable when racing for position, but a penalty can be applied to a car that forces a passing car below the yellow line or causes an accident by coming down on the passing car if this car is positioned inside the car being passed. Similarly the passing car can be penalised if they do not maintain a low line while passing (thus causing an accident).
[Definition - "positioned inside" is defined as the front of the passing car must be at least up to the rear wheel of the car being passed]

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:20 pm

only 1 concern from me:at the start of the rookie race when in double file before the flag someone who shall remain nameles...came up the inside and punted me from the back, could this person please tell me who they are and try not to fo it again. :)
other than that it was a good race _b
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
- Bruce McLaren

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:21 pm

the same happened to me I think it was a brown car behind me didnt affect me but I saw it spinning out in the mirror I was holding a speed of 60 as per rules
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:24 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Did you say block O_o
Yes I did and I have read the rules ;p

At least I get to qual next week _b
Odie

Trooper

Re: re

Post by Trooper » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:25 pm

MadMarty13 wrote:the same happened to me I think it was a brown car behind me didnt affect me but I saw it spinning out in the mirror I was holding a speed of 60 as per rules
hmmmm..... O_o
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
- Bruce McLaren

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:22 pm

Trooper wrote:only 1 concern from me:at the start of the rookie race when in double file before the flag someone who shall remain nameles...came up the inside and punted me from the back, could this person please tell me who they are and try not to fo it again. :)
other than that it was a good race _b
Ummm.... that was me. I was trying to brake but didn't take my foot off the accelerate quick enough :mad:

After I had brake full down and accelerate off the green went and by the time I got to the first corner all of you had disappeared.
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:03 pm

na, no probs just don't do it again :D
just annoyed me as it put me off at the start
- Bruce McLaren

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:12 pm

Good to see you partake in the after race shinanigans Mike :)

Shame your car popped a piston out Jay, It's quite the rip when you are doing well and your car goes bang.

I had my car go bang twice last season and both times I was in an effective 1st or 2nd position. Not much you can do about it tho ;) so no point getting anoyed really, just on with the next race ! :>
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:04 am

BAZZIL wrote:Good to see you partake in the after race shinanigans Mike :)

Shame your car popped a piston out Jay, It's quite the rip when you are doing well and your car goes bang.

I had my car go bang twice last season and both times I was in an effective 1st or 2nd position. Not much you can do about it tho ;) so no point getting anoyed really, just on with the next race ! :>
Yeah..I'm just waiting for you to go pop again Bazz...I guess you found the right engine guys this year.
Odie

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Mon Jun 06, 2005 10:42 pm

The NZNL commitee wish to advise the following members - FLYBOY and STORM that their written comments in this forum last week overstepped the boundarys of what is permissable. Abusive flaming, and derogatory comments against other members or this commitee are not in the best interests or spirit of the league and are not permitted, similar comments in the future will result in league penaltys. This is not open for public discussion.
Woz it a Fly in the ointment, or a Storm in a teacup? ;p
Why does KSR suck at FPS?