Nascar CTS League - Race 12 Coca-Cola® SuperSpeedway(Enduro)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:59 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:Speaking of MLC...which one of you rolled me 8 times on lap two scoring me a race ending four minute tow with three hours of racing ahead of me?

:D :B
We at MLC don't blame other team members. But in this case.. IT WAS BITEME!!!! :D
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:03 pm

rob_c57 wrote:
Then we caught Doug (23rd) and he raced us as well . . . tho to be honest, I don't know if he and skuzzlebutt were actually on the same lap and therefore fighting for position on the last lap too.

Maybe I'm just TOO polite . . . and I foolishly expect others to be the same.
Well I can't speak for the others but by the time I ended up in your train Rob, I was so farking pissed off with Doug "Must pass everyone" Westland that I was deliberately blocking him on the straights to try and get the message through. I think we got loose at one stage and almost took you out (I saw your comment "why?" BTW) but I was damn angry at him by then. Sorry about that. In fact he was lucky I'm a cool tempered racer or he may have ended up on his bleedin roof.

I tell ya, after 12 races you'd think he'd fecking know how to draft.

Doug me old china...care to explain your brain-fade last night?

q-
Don't make me destroy you.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:22 pm

Ok guys..attached is a generic put together picture of the trophies. The pillar will be a USA Flag and the marble will be black. I know you may be asking why the USA Flag, well it was my touch and way the drivers remember where the trophies came from.

In case anyone was wondering what was being inscribe on the trophies:

InSPire Net - VR Concepts
NASCAR CTS League
2nd Place
Daniel Wood
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Odie

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:33 pm

odonohuesp wrote: I know you may be asking why the USA Flag, well it was my touch and way the drivers remember where the trophies came from.
It's NASCAR...of course it should be an American flag :D

Very nice. What does the 16th place one look like? :D

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:39 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:Very nice. What does the 16th place one look like? :D
Can't you see the tiny speck in the corner ? ;)

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:50 pm

Very impressive Odie _b _b

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:05 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote: Very nice. What does the 16th place one look like? :D
Found it. :p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
YouTube videos

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:10 pm

Oh haha. Now you must get GTR...if only so you can feel my wrath.

:B

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Apr 14, 2005 2:16 pm

Cool trophies Odie

Now second and third will always have a reminder of how close they came to victory only to be ripped by Odie himself :) but tut tut, they are just first and second looser :) LOL

heh just pullin ya tits.

Re: Robs post, there are rules that say you must not block a car that is racing a car ahead of you and you are not racing them.
And yes there are a few sad sack drivers that most of the time are unaware of the racing situation.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:10 pm

Congrats to the winners.
I was sure I was going slowly enough to clear the black flags, oh well, thats racing :)

Looking forward to the next league, even though I may not make all the races. How about aero 88 cars for the next league?

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:17 pm

How polite people are to drivers catching them does seem to be proportional to how far ahead of them the chasing driver is. I've noticed that running in single digit positions pretty much everyone lets you through and hooks in behind. In the low teens 80% of people will let you past and hook on the back. Anywhere past 20 and it doesn't matter if you've been closing 5 seconds a lap, 3/4 of the drivers will make life difficult and slow the whole train down.

It seems most problematical on the small tracks where an accident can leave a much faster driver a couple of laps and a lot of positions down and the slower cars make it harder to catch up. If they let the faster car through and followed their line they'd make up a lot of time.

But that's racing and we love it anyway :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:28 pm

I know I lifted to pick up drivers and even requested for others to lift to for me.

Bazz flat out told me he would rather draft with a MLC truck than me. :D

Not really, he was running with Wood for position and didn't want to drop back and lose the battle, which I totally understood and acknowledge so on ventrillo. Prom and I worked together for awhile, along with some other drivers.

Drivers on ventrillo was hearing my frustration last night when I would help others make a pass on the low side on the back or front stretch and then they would leave me out to dry. The more I thought about it, why would anyone that was running for position want to help out the points leader.

I will take a look at the replay and post a thank you to all drivers who helped me draft my way through the field. Without their help Wood would have walked away with another Championship.
Odie

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:00 pm

odonohuesp wrote:Drivers on ventrillo was hearing my frustration last night when I would help others make a pass on the low side on the back or front stretch and then they would leave me out to dry. The more I thought about it, why would anyone that was running for position want to help out the points leader.

I will take a look at the replay and post a thank you to all drivers who helped me draft my way through the field. Without their help Wood would have walked away with another Championship.
I think it was you I hung out at one point. I wouldn't normally but it was stay with you or join my two team mates who were trying to catch you in the overall points :p
- Death to Smoochy

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:11 pm

Eagle32 wrote:
odonohuesp wrote:Drivers on ventrillo was hearing my frustration last night when I would help others make a pass on the low side on the back or front stretch and then they would leave me out to dry. The more I thought about it, why would anyone that was running for position want to help out the points leader.

I think it was you I hung out at one point. I wouldn't normally but it was stay with you or join my two team mates who were trying to catch you in the overall points :p
I understand Eagle, you can count on help from your teammates. Like I said, after the second time I was hung out, I came to terms on why it was happening. It is tough when its you against 26 other drivers.
Odie

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:31 pm

rob_c57 wrote:I just don't understand why some guys were taking the defencive (slower) inside line down the straights all the way thru the race . . . and why some guys were reluctant to simply hold position in a train . . . and they kept making passing moves . . . which only slows the group down . . . that's why I kept asking to "Work Together" . . . to try and let the guy ahead of me know that I had no intention of passing them . . . and to simply concentrate on working as a Group . . . coz on the Superspeedways, you simply work with whoever you happen to be around . . . especially with Fixed setups where no-one has any setup advantage.

But usually the guy behind me would come inside me before the entry to the turn and force me high and out of the draft.

On SS's you don't need to worry about passing till the latter stages of the race.

Speaking of which, although I was only a midfielder, I was less than impressed in the last 2 laps when guys who were both up and down a lap from me made it impossible for me to try and fight for the position I had just lost to Skelo.

I (17th) was laps behind Biteme (7th) but he was being defencive and slowing me up . . . Tony G (12th) was bringing along Skelo (18th and on same lap as me) and Skuzzlebut (24th and laps down) . . . I passed Biteme as I could see the others catching me . . . Tony G and Skelo passed me on the straight, and instead of Biteme simply backing off (as he wasn't in any danger of losing a position and had no way of catching 6th place ahead) he decided to slot in behind Skelo . . . and he even tried to pass him going into the next turn.

I just don't understand people racing like that . . . on the last lap . . . when he had nothing to gain . . . and prevented me from trying to come back at Skelo.

Then we caught Doug (23rd) and he raced us as well . . . tho to be honest, I don't know if he and skuzzlebutt were actually on the same lap and therefore fighting for position on the last lap too.

Maybe I'm just TOO polite . . . and I foolishly expect others to be the same.
Yep, far too polite ;)
And far too wobbly, hence why I couldn't cope with sitting behind you and trying to work out your lines.

I also stuff up every time I try to look at the F2 stats so wasn't really that aware of where anyone was around me, I was just trying to go as quick as I could as the next position was only 6 seconds ahead. :)
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:34 pm

mikool wrote:
Skuzzlebutt wrote:Speaking of MLC...which one of you rolled me 8 times on lap two scoring me a race ending four minute tow with three hours of racing ahead of me?

:D :B
We at MLC don't blame other team members. But in this case.. IT WAS BITEME!!!! :D
:shy: Must get rid of thrustmaster and by an errr, linear wheel.
Apologies Skuzz, Prom and the other 30 or so that got affected. ;p

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:02 pm

Biteme wrote: Must get rid of thrustmaster and by an errr, linear wheel.
Apologies Skuzz, Prom and the other 30 or so that got affected. ;p
Thanks.

Basically on the back straight you went wild, swerved everywhere and smacked into the train. Fairly high on the frustration scale ! esp so early on in the verrrrrrrrrrry long race it turned out to be.
YouTube videos

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:55 pm

Well i had an awesome time drafting with unbound for the first half of the race then the second half drafting with typhoon :D

But i just could not sort out my pit stopping, just about everytime i went into the wrong mlc pit...lol (soz to cronik for hitting you in the pit)

Well early night for me 5 hours sleep :blazze:
Wah Wah Wah

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:18 pm

Biteme wrote:Yep, far too polite ;)
And far too wobbly, hence why I couldn't cope with sitting behind you and trying to work out your lines.

I also stuff up every time I try to look at the F2 stats so wasn't really that aware of where anyone was around me, I was just trying to go as quick as I could as the next position was only 6 seconds ahead. :)
Um . . . "wobbly" ? . . . I know I can't hold it absolutely straight on some Superspeedway tracks (no idea why) . . . but I would be interested in hearing if anyone else saw me as overly "wobbly" ?

And you expected to make up over 6 seconds in 2 laps ? . . . hmmm . . . with afterburners engaged, I assume ? :eek:

I always assumed that everyone has their F2+Space on 90% of the time . . . and only change the display to check and/or adjust tyres and/or fuel.

I find it absolutely essential (for me) to have that display on all the time . . . so I can be "Situationally Aware", as the Military guys would say.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:29 pm

You were wobbling enough for me to notice it during the race too Rob. Don't know if it was connection issue wobble or driving wobble though.

By wobble I'm talking about moving side to side on the straight at some points full car widths. Then again everything was looknig wobbly after the 2hr mark :p
- Death to Smoochy

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:56 pm

rob_c57 wrote: And you expected to make up over 6 seconds in 2 laps ? . . . hmmm . . . with afterburners engaged, I assume ? :eek:
You never know what can happen ahead, especially in the closing laps.
Just ask snake, I got his position after an error with 5 or so laps to go.

I cannot believe you are bitch'n about what was a normal overtake in the final stages of a "race". It used to be that you had to hit someone to get bollocked now we have all sorts of opinions regarding on track etiquite (spelling!). I do race with F2 on, I just don't look at it :> . If I must explain myself, then I'd say that in the last ten or so laps I will pass the car infront if I see even a slight advantage in doing so. At that stage of the race I am not looking at whose where, and I'll go on record that I don't give a fly'n FK about how some on else is running around me. If your faster then pass, else tough titty. :ffs:

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:17 pm

Someone give Biteme a happy pill and a :grouphug:
- Death to Smoochy

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:52 pm

It's the lag that makes Rob move left and right, not his driving :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:42 am

Unfortunately when it's causing big sidesteps in the middle of the long back straight you really can't draft properly ;(
- Death to Smoochy

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:47 am

BAZZIL wrote:It's the lag that makes Rob move left and right, not his driving :)
Well . . . if that's the case, if it's the distance, then I won't come to the next series . . . no dramas . . . and no . . . I'm not bitching or being defencive.

I enjoyed most of my time in the races I had with you guys.

Thank you for allowing me to run . . . and thank you to the Inspire people for putting up the servers.

Live Long and Prosper . . . Ciao.