Nascar CTS League - Race 12 Coca-Cola® SuperSpeedway(Enduro)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:38 am

Wood wrote: Slightly sore wrist, but great fun _b
Yah we already told wood to stop wanking when he's racing ;p

But yah, was good racing there wood when we drafted for several stints.

And well done Odie on teh win :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:42 am

Who got black flags for what o_O? mine was for speeding, what was yours for Sulley :o ?
:>

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:43 am

Happy wrote:Who got black flags for what o_O? mine was for speeding, what was yours for Sulley :o ?
Pit exit violation, maybe that was the difference :rolleyes:
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:44 am

Happy wrote:Who got black flags for what o_O? mine was for speeding, what was yours for Sulley :o ?
Mine was for speeding, shame I couldnt get rid of it.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:45 am

Thank you guys.....it was the longest race of my life, since I was involved in a ding at the beginning.

I need to know what name Dan Wood and TheBoldOne would like on their trophies.

I told Inspector halfway through the season that I was going to buy trophies for the top 3, so just let me know what name you would like on it and I will get them on order.
Odie

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:49 am

Great race guys, Epic even :). Very sore now but it was a lot of fun.

Congrats to Inspector for winning the race and Odie for taking out the season.

Oh yeah and the DuD's :p At least you had some competition this season though _b

Lastly a big THANKS to all the guys that have run the league, Inspire for providing the server, VR Concepts for prizes and everyone else for racing!

:crazy::grouphug:
Last edited by Eagle32 on Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:50 am

thetron wrote:newbie question: Does anyone know how to get started?

Where can i download this CTS mod?
You can download the CTS mod from here
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/NR2003/CTS

you will also need the 1.2.0.1 patch
http://www.bhmotorsports.com/download/3872
Last edited by Flyboy69 on Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:50 am

odonohuesp wrote:Thank you guys.....it was the longest race of my life, since I was involved in a ding at the beginning.

I need to know what name Dan Wood and TheBoldOne would like on their trophies.

I told Inspector halfway through the season that I was going to buy trophies for the top 3, so just let me know what name you would like on it and I will get them on order.
Bazzil on the second trophy, and Bazzil on the third one as well

Cheers :)
Last edited by BAZZIL on Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boom Boom !

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:51 am

bit of :ffs: smidge of :rolleyes: fair bit of D: slight dose of O_o but overall lots of :D

Good work at the end from MLC as Snake helped Flyboy sneak past me...last few laps were quite the jam to say the least but lots of fun :)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:53 am

I would like to draw our attention to position 5 being within 30 points of the lead but having 2 DNF's :)
Boom Boom !

M

Post by M » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:41 am

Jetboy wrote:Good work at the end from MLC as Snake helped Flyboy sneak past me...last few laps were quite the jam to say the least but lots of fun :)
I wasn't sure which one of you I should get over the line first but then Snake helped me get rid of the truck I was racing a few laps back so it had to be Flyboy. :D

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:20 am

Man I feel like shit today atfer last nights little race. Lets hope I can keep awake at work today.

We have not got any weetbix left :( so can not even eat my daily intake of them (which is 6 by the way). no milk for coffee :( The day is already going to crap......
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Chequers

Post by Chequers » Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:22 am

My race started off o'kay. First ever pole and led the first stint.
But then it all went pear shaped.
On my first pit stop the car would not brake (into pit stall 1). It just sailed on past the end of the pit lane, through the pace car and beyond. Backing up wasn't any better and it all lost me about 20 seconds.
Before the 2nd pit stop I crossed the start/finish line, in a draft, with enough fuel to do one lap but ran out for god's sake way before the pit entrance. Coasted all the way to stop 1 pit stall short. That required a tow.
Time lost - more than a lap.
Towards the end of the 4th stint got a nudge from Gareth (I think) which sent me on to pit lane (a racing incident) at way over pit lane speed and I was black flagged, which like everyone else, I could not clear. End of race and earlier to bed.
Well done to the winners. :)
At this stage I'm not sure if I am looking forward to the next truck league or not. :rolleyes:

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:19 am

Great race guys :)

Congrats to Inspector for the race, DuDs for the team win and Odie for the series win _b

Thanks to my fellow team members and Sulley for putting us all together, also thanks to the sponsers, InSPire, VR, SimHQ and Simcentral.

Well done to the organisers, great job on putting together a strong season.

Disapointed in my own race last night due to bad pitstops which put me out of sequence with not much chance of a good finish. I was on my own for a while and because I wasn't in a big drafting group for a good proprtion of the race I lost heaps of time.....never mind lesson learnt :) 2nd to 6th in points :(

Strange problem with the black flags, seems to be more than just a coincidence, probably shouldn't include this track again in future series

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:25 am

Hoo-ah ! What a race.

For some obscure reason, my right sholder is aching this morning :D

Well as the last race of the season, I'd like to pass on my thanks to Jetboy, Odie and Mr Wood for working together as a team at various stages and drafting for quite a while to help me pick up my lost places after BiteMe decided early on that my truck goes better pointed in another direction. No, I will not be lodging a protest.

My 2c worth.

Two incidents I saw in front of me deserve a mention.

1) Drivers who refused to draft with others, but insisted on trying to overtake any truck in front of them, regardless of their position. Although Ron you did stop doing that later on in the race . _b

2) Cronic, aka Mr Richards, driving through everyone's pit stall in an effort to get to his, thereby blocking anyone else being able to pit until he had gone past. Which naturally caused an accident. Everyone else used the pit lanes, then pulled into their stall, he simply drove through everyone's stall. I saw this because I was in the pit lane behind him watching it unfold.

There was a fair bit of angry talk on Ventrillo after this, followed by other accidents. Let's let the replay show what really happened.

Rule 6 says:
Drivers need to insure their conduct on the track is beyond reproach. Intentional hitting of other drivers will not be tolerated, and will result in immediate disqualification from that round.

This is the end of the 3rd season of CTS, and there have been lots of people joining and leaving. I know I haven't been racing as long as some of you "old timers" but the league and racing has evolved over the years.

Last night there were 33 drivers, 37 on the Papyrus track a month ago. This is compared to 19 for race 1 season 1 at Texas.

Now sponsors offer a real $$ prize (thanks VR Concepts _b ), hell we're even getting press coverage and a Trans Tasman Challenge.

I think it's time to cut the bullshit.

This is a great game, a great league, and well organised with free gaming servers = great fun racing.

There will always be accidents, for sure, but accidents caused by deliberate crashing, refusing to give way, silly over taking attempts, followed a barrage of personal abuse yelled at people = we look like a bunch of hormonally charged teenagers yelling out "l33t" and "omfg u haxor".

My 2c worth.
YouTube videos

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:42 am

Congrats to Odie for First and Wood for Second. Eagle third was an excellent finish. Well done Duds your victory is well deserved. That was a great season and we have seen alot of new drivers enter the fray. The rookie league was a great success too with Typoon improving over the season and taking on what others had to say. Well Done _b

I hope that next week we can start talking up a new season with the intention of getting underway in no more than a months time. :D

People should know which way we are going to run, with cars or trucks?
I'm keen on starting a new team and i hope others are considering doing the same thing. Perhaps a New Team thread and a Driver for Hire thread needs to be started to? I look forward to an exciting winter. ;p

Now time to study everyones stats and workout who's going to be the next big thing. Remember that all your racing stats are recorded and we can track your progress through each season you race. :cool:

chronic

Post by chronic » Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:53 am

Prometheus wrote: 2) Cronic, aka Mr Richards, driving through everyone's pit stall in an effort to get to his, thereby blocking anyone else being able to pit until he had gone past. Which naturally caused an accident. Everyone else used the pit lanes, then pulled into their stall, he simply drove through everyone's stall. I saw this because I was in the pit lane behind him watching it unfold.
Not quite correct,

I misjudged where my pitstall was and drove to the inside wall earlier than I should have and then because someone was alongside I had to stay there.

I did have a swipe at Flyboy and I apologise for that but I pulled out of it at the last minute, the punt later on was unintentional.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:05 am

Your swipe at Flyboy caused an accident as you well know and I lost 4 places. :mad: There is NO excuse for a deliberate takeout. O_o

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:08 am

chronic wrote:
Prometheus wrote: 2) Cronic, aka Mr Richards, driving through everyone's pit stall in an effort to get to his, thereby blocking anyone else being able to pit until he had gone past. Which naturally caused an accident. Everyone else used the pit lanes, then pulled into their stall, he simply drove through everyone's stall. I saw this because I was in the pit lane behind him watching it unfold.
Not quite correct,

I misjudged where my pitstall was and drove to the inside wall earlier than I should have and then because someone was alongside I had to stay there.

I did have a swipe at Flyboy and I apologise for that but I pulled out of it at the last minute, the punt later on was unintentional.
Whatever.
Don't make me destroy you.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:18 am

chronic wrote: Not quite correct,

The view I had from my perspective, which was driving along pit lane and behind you, and driving behind you at the end of the main straight with a faster and higher placed truck on your inside, appeared to me to be different.

The replay will show everyone's choices in driving style.
YouTube videos

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:08 pm

Well i'm in the hunt for a new team so if you think i have the right stuff please PM me :)

Thx for the laughs MLC :)
Wah Wah Wah

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:35 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:Well i'm in the hunt for a new team so if you think i have the right stuff please PM me :)

Still not a team player snakeee. :Puke:
Dunno bout Fly of Mikool but I'm insulted. q-
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:47 pm

Biteme wrote:
Snake Rogers wrote:Well i'm in the hunt for a new team so if you think i have the right stuff please PM me :)

Still not a team player snakeee. :Puke:
Dunno bout Fly of Mikool but I'm insulted. q-
Yeah snake... whats your problem? can you not handle the good name MLC have worked hard for?

am I insulted... hmmmm... maybe a bit for about 2 seconds, I am over it. I would rather be in a team where all the members wanted to be in, and support each other.
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:53 pm

Speaking of MLC...which one of you rolled me 8 times on lap two scoring me a race ending four minute tow with three hours of racing ahead of me?

:D :B
Don't make me destroy you.

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:54 pm

I just don't understand why some guys were taking the defencive (slower) inside line down the straights all the way thru the race . . . and why some guys were reluctant to simply hold position in a train . . . and they kept making passing moves . . . which only slows the group down . . . that's why I kept asking to "Work Together" . . . to try and let the guy ahead of me know that I had no intention of passing them . . . and to simply concentrate on working as a Group . . . coz on the Superspeedways, you simply work with whoever you happen to be around . . . especially with Fixed setups where no-one has any setup advantage.

But usually the guy behind me would come inside me before the entry to the turn and force me high and out of the draft.

On SS's you don't need to worry about passing till the latter stages of the race.

Speaking of which, although I was only a midfielder, I was less than impressed in the last 2 laps when guys who were both up and down a lap from me made it impossible for me to try and fight for the position I had just lost to Skelo.

I (17th) was laps behind Biteme (7th) but he was being defencive and slowing me up . . . Tony G (12th) was bringing along Skelo (18th and on same lap as me) and Skuzzlebut (24th and laps down) . . . I passed Biteme as I could see the others catching me . . . Tony G and Skelo passed me on the straight, and instead of Biteme simply backing off (as he wasn't in any danger of losing a position and had no way of catching 6th place ahead) he decided to slot in behind Skelo . . . and he even tried to pass him going into the next turn.

I just don't understand people racing like that . . . on the last lap . . . when he had nothing to gain . . . and prevented me from trying to come back at Skelo.

Then we caught Doug (23rd) and he raced us as well . . . tho to be honest, I don't know if he and skuzzlebutt were actually on the same lap and therefore fighting for position on the last lap too.

Maybe I'm just TOO polite . . . and I foolishly expect others to be the same.