NZNL - Race 6 - The SIMTV 500 at Supercell DX (Enduro)

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:20 am

Sorry for the few people I tapped...

apart from that it was an ok race....
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:20 am

Angus was rather dodge - does he read this forum ?

He couldn't hold a straight line and seemed to have no awareness of who was around him.
:>

Post by Guest » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:21 am

Chequers wrote:The quip by Inspector suggesting that the older drivers mightn't hack the pace of the enduro has tipped the scales, so I will race this one. See you on the track.

thanks for showing up - wish ya hadnt

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:23 am

Ya can use the server replay JBR :)

Well that was an event filled race ! :P cracker :D

Soz Odie about that rear end, I didn't expect you to move over as far right as you did, it's all pretty tight through the tri-oval, then riven rear ended me and it was all over lol :D

A drive thru penalty screwed my potential podium but 8th is all apples and looks mightly spiffing compared to Bolds blown engine :D
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

M

Post by M » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:30 am

I got a black flag when I never hit 56 once. Ridiculous.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:31 am

Check your replay , you didn't exit onto the track too early ?
not a dodgy entry ?
Boom Boom !

Draco

Post by Draco » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:31 am

Thanks for the great race tonight guys. Was awesome too actually get to the end without being Disqual'd from a black flag.

Spent most of the time in the top 10, got nudge and clawed back to 12th then had a little trip on the tow truck, bugger!! :(

Nice to finish though and thanks to all those that gave some good drafting, its different to race with the top guys, nice and easy to sit and follow.

Look forward to the video, be some good clips O_o

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:31 am

Apparently Orcon was having a shitter tongiht. Very weird. Everyone was solid as far as I was concerned (usually if I'm dodgey everyone else appears to blink for me) and my ping and quality were solid at the usual values. Apparently however I was blinking in and out flyboy styles. Oh well.

Apart from the first couple of starts which were just completely fucked the race overall wasn't too bad from my points of view. Especially considering how everyone get's tired and tends to have lapses in concentration over that length of time.

Also I'm firing my entire pit crew. First stop they didn't start getting fuel in until the second pair of tires were nearly on. 2nd stop they had a problem with a tire :ffs:

And who the hell greased the pit lane. I overshot my spot 3 times :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:33 am

Had my first CTD tonight so was pretty happy to finish 19th considering i lost a few laps. I have a feeling my name may be appearing in the protest thread this week and sorry to those guys who must of being cursing me.

Ian

Post by Ian » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:35 am

Happy wrote:Angus was rather dodge - does he read this forum ?

He couldn't hold a straight line and seemed to have no awareness of who was around him.
Hi Happy

Angus has put in some practice this week. For a rooky (like me) thought he was doing a lot better than last time 3 weeks ago when he last raced. He runs about 50% force fead back and 20% dampening with 80% stering linearity in game on a Momo. Do you recomend a "softer setting?

Spot Yu
Ian

JBR

Post by JBR » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:40 am

BAZZIL wrote:Ya can use the server replay JBR :)

Soz Odie about that rear end, I didn't expect you to move over as far right as you did, it's all pretty tight through the tri-oval, then riven rear ended me and it was all over lol :D

A drive thru penalty screwed my potential podium but 8th is all apples and looks mightly spiffing compared to Bolds blown engine :D

Thanks bassil i will look for it

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:41 am

BAZZIL wrote:Ya can use the server replay JBR :)

No worries Bazz, I was trying to give you enough room on the outside, i guess that is not the best place to try and pass with a train
Odie

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:43 am

Ian wrote:
Angus has put in some practice this week. For a rooky (like me) thought he was doing a lot better than last time 3 weeks ago when he last raced. He runs about 50% force fead back and 20% dampening with 80% stering linearity in game on a Momo. Do you recomend a "softer setting?

Spot Yu
Ian
I think he needs to play with his settings until he finds it easy to hold a straight line, He may need a lot more dampening.

One thing he needs to know is that the mirror bends around the side, so he probably thinks people beside him are actuallly behind him.

All he needs to do is practice holding a straight line and know where people are coming up behind him, tell him about the f2-spacebar window where it shows cars in relation to you on the track.
:>

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:47 am

ronwest wrote:
Chequers wrote:The quip by Inspector suggesting that the older drivers mightn't hack the pace of the enduro has tipped the scales, so I will race this one. See you on the track.

thanks for showing up - wish ya hadnt
Ditto!

Stuffed my night right ....... _b
"Run Yasmine Run"

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:49 am

Close finsh

not much in it

Pole once Again

See you same time next week

Chow

M

Post by M » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:50 am

BAZZIL wrote:Check your replay , you didn't exit onto the track too early ?
not a dodgy entry ?
No, all clean. It said it the moment I left the pit lane and my entrance was conservative.

Ian

Post by Ian » Thu Jun 09, 2005 12:52 am

Happy wrote:
Ian wrote:

Spot Yu
Ian
I think he needs to play with his settings until he finds it easy to hold a straight line, He may need a lot more dampening.

One thing he needs to know is that the mirror bends around the side, so he probably thinks people beside him are actuallly behind him.

All he needs to do is practice holding a straight line and know where people are coming up behind him, tell him about the f2-spacebar window where it shows cars in relation to you on the track.
Sweet. Thanks for your help Happly.:D

Good race tonight _b

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:25 am

Started grid 19 after running into one or two accidents (after slowing)was 34th worked my way up to 16th then came upon another accident that wiped me out,later another accident where i even slowed more to be hit by a car flying through the air,was dead on the track for a while then got run into,had to work my way back up finished 22nd 5 laps down.
Enjoyed it cramp and all I need a massage,wheres that inspector?lol
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:00 am

Couple of incidents that were pretty scarey to drive through because of the cars being shot around in the air, forgot to cut my replay so you'll have to wait for the server replay or have been nearby :p. Exciting from the cockpit view :)

Lap 66 just before the line crossing to lap 67.

And one that I thought was scarey from my view (lap 137) is actually even worse from Ian's view (lap 131). It's like that scene is twister when the fuel truck gets thrown at the car :cute:
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:22 am

Certainly agree there all racing is more exciting and heart stopping via cockpit view,the only way to drive,otherwise you are a spectator ;)
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:58 am

I think that lap 137 ding was me hitting odie, then riven hitting me :)

two cars don't quite go into one wall I think that's why we went flying so far :D
Boom Boom !

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:08 am

One day I'll get some luck going my way......had a near faultless race up until lap 90 odd then overcooked my pit stall and by the time I had reversed back the pit crew had gone out too lunch, so round another lap I go. From then my race turned upside down getting caught in more instances than I can count, (think 1 may have been my fault although havn't checked replay, by Proms reaction think it was so really sorry man), all too be topped off with a 2:30 tow from a driver that decided to pull a u-turn from the apron infront of me.

Oh well on too next week, at least the rookie race was fun, almost caught the lead bunch again after my first lap spin.

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:17 am

JBR wrote:When the hell will people bloody learn. Last season was my first in nascar and i got picked up thrown down dragged behind almost everything about my driving, which i believe has improved alot.

Now week after week back markers contiune to race cars laps ahead of them (not just the rookies either) all that happens is they stuff up other drivers races and their own.

I believe it time for the committee to get tough on these drivers that time after time cause nothing but shit.

I did quallify well but after the second pit stop where i found myself up to 5th then all the shit starts and it all turns to custard (i bloody hate custard)

to top it all of get a power serg and comp shuts down.
So i will not be able to submit any protests because i didn't get the chance to save my replay.

Great way to finish what was going to be a great finsh for me.

Oh well Next take no prisoners

:Puke: :Puke: :ffs:
I'll hold my hand up and take the blame for getting into your rear bumper.
Just too close to you on the exit, and totally my fault.

I would note however when you talk about people racing you when a lap down, that we were the only ones around and yet you jammed it up the inside into a corner to pass rather that draft with me. Pointless.
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:47 am

I really enjoyed the race last night, my best of the season with a second.
Congrats to Odie on the win, it was pretty close :D , because of the different pitstops we were on I wasn't sure how close it was going to be, but after 500 miles....0.07 seconds was pretty good _b

I was drafting with Jay a few times but found the jittery car was hard to follow, first time I have seen the lag that bad from you, not sure what happened in one corner, I was inside, we seemed to have plenty of room between us and next thing you were gone, I presume it was lag :confused:

Thanks to the Voda boys for moving over when I was coming up behind Odie too :)

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:40 am

Well I managed to score a 4th after starting from the back, and a couple of spins & rolls & rolls & rolls & rolls :crazy:

If only Wood could have been here.. 3 Monsters in the top 4 would have been awesome.