Australia V's NZ - Nascar CTS "Test" Race

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Australia V's NZ - Nascar CTS "Test" Race

Post by Inspector » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:23 am

I have been contacted by George Fullerton from Australia, who has suggested a "Test" type teams race between the Aus and NZ CTS racing guys. I have replied on behalf of the NZ guys expressing our interest in such an event and our willingness to do all we can to help make an event like this happen.

At this stage I will sort a few of the details with George and get the show on the road and keep you all up to date here in the forum. I see the need to form an NZ organising group which will need to include Ron Westland for the NZ web site, Bazz, Unbound or bman (or all three) for the design and painting of a "New Zealand" team truck. Some people to help do general organising and of course a NZ selection comittee.

Here is a copy of the email I got from George:

Gentlemen,

Firstly let me just say you guys run one hell of a truck series, with awesome fields, great post race highlight movies, quality stuff. I've been racing the TA's in the past couple of ISSRL leagues and have enjoyed the great racing and can't wait to run in the next dismantleters truck league.

I'm a member of the Australasian Sim Racing Group (http://www.asrg.org) and help run the TA Lites series there. The ASRG also has a healthy truck league and being in the unique position of seeing two very good truck leagues happening both sides of the Tasman I put two and two together and figured I'd go see what I could organize to make something happen.

Basically I'm proposing a one of race 15-20 trucks per country (equal numbers), painted up all green and gold and black and silver, running on say a BR track, Tally, Daytona, definitely a super speedway, teams event, highest combined points per team taking home the prize. One night, a full field should be an absolute riot, but in a good way.

From the ASRG perspective I have committee approval for running the race (more of a Test Match really), ASRG http://www.asrg.org/nascar2003/tts TTS Truckers versus the best 15-20 (or however many you want) or so Dismantlers. All I need is a little bit of help from your side to get a team together and I'll make sure there's a server with the same number of Aussies, bedecked in national colours to run into. ;-)

If you guys are interested, then I can organize a couple of painted up trucks (unless you guys want to do your own), and I'll get the details/rules sorted out with you all in a couple of emails. I'd like to keep it as simple and as FUN as possible, basically if you're keen and think its a good idea, we'll work out a date/track and time, and a few forum posts should hype up the natives both sides of the Tasman and it'll be goer...

What'd ya reckon?

George Fullerton.
Inspector

---

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:00 am

TonyG may well be interested to help on the design side, that way you get a bit of Mainland input as well as sharing the load.

The next trick will be deciding how to pick a team, especially if you get 25 volunteers...
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:10 am

Sounds great, I'll be happy to throw in my 2c worth :)
As far as painting, it would be easier for everyone to drive the same make too

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:50 am

Yes - your help would be appreciated Tony!

From the point of view of an NZ Team, if you take out any non NZ drivers, sorry Odie & Jay - although we would also welcome a USA V's NZ Teams race, you could take the top twenty drivers from the last league and not that many of the regulars would miss out at all. Dependent upon when our Assuie mates want to run this thing we might be able to use this next league as rating to qualify for the New Zealand team.

In the end I believe that your results should speak for themselves and this will be the main criteria for selection. If people can't make the actual race then driver number 21 makes the team.
Inspector

---

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:33 pm

Mmmmm.

that sounds interesting.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:42 pm

it sounds like quite ze brilliant plan :)

I'm keen to help for doing a skin, Something along the lines of what I did for Mattlys car for TPTCC me thinks would look quite cool:

Time difference is 2 hours between here and dingoland I do believe, so we'd probably have to start the race at about 9:30 / 10:00 type thing our time or find a weekend and race at any time, we should plan it for a month or two away so people have time to plan around it if need be.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:57 pm

Looks good :D

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:25 pm

OK - Just heard back from George.

He would like to hear what we would like:

Track?
How many team members?
What model of truck for the team?
How many laps?
Damage/Yellows/Pit Stop Frequency?

Any other suggestions?

NZ Organisers group:

Hear are the required catogories. Confirm if your name is listed. Volunteer if it is not.

Team NZ Management:
Coordinate the team and the organisers. Arrange practice and decide on rules etc.

Inspector
?
?
?

Team NZ Design & Paint Crew:
Design the NZ skin and paint named cars for every team member. Create renders for the Film and Advertising crew.

Bazz
TonyG
?
?

Team NZ Web Site:
Create a web site (or sub site of SimRacerHQ?) & maintain it.

Ron Westland?
Happy?
?
?

Team NZ Server Admin & Communication:
Set up server for practices and coodernate with Aus server admins.

Riven?
Noon416?
Miggles?

NZ -Australia Team Communications:
Coodernate between the two countries organising groups.

Inspector
?

Team NZ Film & Advertising crew
Make advertising billboards for the chosen track for any sponsors and create a video of the "Test" race.

Prometheus?
bman?
?
?

Team NZ Sponsor
Use your contacts!! Lets attract some more sponsors to our community using this unique international event!

? Any company
? Any other company

I know it looks long and a bit extreme but I am going to do this properly and not put New Zealand to shame with poor organisation and preperation. Let's make ourselves look good and have some fun in the process. All suggestion and offers of help are more than welcome.
Inspector

---

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:40 pm

G'day guys, George here, mostly race with the TA's in the ISSRL, but figured you guys are having way too much fun racing trucks and well one thing led to another and that's were this 'Test Match Truck Race' idea came from.

I'm thinking 20 Trucks a team to include as many of your regular dismantlers as possible. Running on a super speedway, say something like Tally BR, for about 150 laps, no damnage to keep everyone on the track, maybe no yellows either? Combined points for each team will determine the winning team... I'm open for your ideas, as all I want is for this event to be as *FUN* as possible. It's a race for a few hours, no point making it overly complicated... cept for Team OZ, staring blanky as you all do a harka (sp?) on pit lane before race start. :D

ASRG's happy to host, with a start time and date to be worked out so its as fair on anyone as possible. I don't believe it needs a whole bunch of rules or team selection processes, its just a fun race... :D

limbo

Post by limbo » Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:53 pm

do not stare blankly at a HAKA,
be like the Aussie union team.
PRETEND to be disinterested and unimpressed

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:11 pm

I haven't tried a "BR" track yet, we should choose a track that we "know"
famin made a post about these tracks last year I think

Wood

Post by Wood » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:14 pm

What about 2 races? A track decided us, and one by the Aussies.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:29 pm

and a race on aussie server, and other race on nz server

Hahahah love your avatar 'Wood' :D

famin

Post by famin » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:52 pm

can I be driver #21 please?... Ill be good I promise.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:56 pm

NO :roll:
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:13 pm

Just don't make these races for feb:)

What about 4 teams of 5 :wink:

Don't know what i can do to help but mayb i can take lots of screenies of the races ( some nice pitures to put on the web site ) :)
Wah Wah Wah

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:41 pm

I reckon Chevy Trucks,
Daytona
45 % - 50 %
no damage, no yellows, 2x pit

whatever the Nascar Max is / 2

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:23 pm

Not that i'd make the grade, but maybe an oval and Puke as the tracks? Good to see this happening. Maybe a tri series with the US eventually, too

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:32 pm

Now I would be into that, me and Mikool will be good at slowing the Ozie's down, and If Mikool's in fine form (as usual) the Carnage can begin :)

mikool

Post by mikool » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:36 pm

speak for yourself typhoon.... I don't take other cars out

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:42 pm

hahaha ;p

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:52 pm

I'm loving this idea.

Inspector, put me down to assist in any way I can.

bman

Post by bman » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:28 pm

That reminds me that I've been meaning to do 'inspire' billboards (and simtv/simracerhq/kiwisim) billboards for the season tracks.

I'll get on it =]

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:30 pm

_b I also can assist as and when it is required. :)
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:52 pm

Me too, I'll unpack the virtual camera van .

Do we have cheerleaders ?