mikool

Post by mikool » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:08 pm

Snake Rogers wrote:
Chequers wrote:
I found pitting quite hard at this track :o
me 2 :eek:
At least you made it to a pit stop ;(

Post by Guest » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:13 pm

mikool wrote:Yes. After a closer look W Load looked to be in fault. But then I am no expert
so ya shouldn't be pointing the finger ;p

On a note to all

if you know me, then you know if i cause something, i am happy to put my hand up and take the wrap for it and apologize for it

i am the last guy that needs to be getting grief this season from people whether they are newbies, veterans or sponsors, for stuff i don't cause

I wont be fighting forums wars this season and will be leaving the finger pointing to the officals who are tasked with the job of looking into incidents.

If it looks like the forum will be a repeat of last season, i have other options i can put my time into on wednesdays and the other 6 days of the week
Last edited by Guest on Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:14 pm

Enjoyed my first race online.....all 20 laps of it :rolleyes: sorry if i caused anyone any problems but i dont think i ripped anyone.
Was on ventrilo but my mic wasnt working ...sorry guys but i was not ignoring you.

See ya's next week.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:17 pm

Shame woods connection shat itself, mine was a bit dodge too. o_O
:>

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:18 pm

I nearly ran out of fuel before my last stop because I got lost and didn't realise which corner I was up too and went straight past the pits. Had to ease off and go round slowly as the pressure was right down. :o

Good race though. Shame it wasn't for real :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

wide load

SORRY

Post by wide load » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:21 pm

Sorry guys if I caused the accident, ive only had the game for 2 days and are still getting used to it. I hope to improve.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:25 pm

Enjoyed my first race online.....all 20 laps of it :rolleyes: sorry if i caused anyone any problems but i dont think i ripped anyone.
Was on ventrilo but my mic wasnt working ...sorry guys but i was not ignoring you.

See ya's next week.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:33 pm

Eagle32 wrote: Good race though. Shame it wasn't for real :p
Why ?

was a wheelie bin that got second and got the fastest lap o_O

Sulley

Re: SORRY

Post by Sulley » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:43 pm

wide load wrote:Sorry guys if I caused the accident, ive only had the game for 2 days and are still getting used to it. I hope to improve.
I think (not the only one) that you did great for first time out, we all remember how bad we were at the beginning, and trust me we was shocking, so no drama, remember if you need help just sing out, and get to practice early, more laps and opportunity for guidance a big plus.
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:54 pm

I ran out of gas while in 3rd on the last lap ;( so much for my strategy :p
Otherwise it was pretty good
Roll on Wednesday

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:10 am

BAZZIL wrote:
Eagle32 wrote: Good race though. Shame it wasn't for real :p
Why ?

was a wheelie bin that got second and got the fastest lap o_O
Cause I got 3rd and that will probably never ever happen again :p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:26 am

After the test run on Ozark last night the opinion of the guys chatting on ventrilo seemed to be a bit divided. Some said that they liked the track but others weren't to keen because of the many different lines that could be taken which made drafting quite difficult and obviously the mechanical failures are a big issue.

Bazz will have a look at the .ini file over the next couple of days and we will do some testing at the Lan on the weekend to see if we can fix the problems and I will do some searching for a better track to replace it if that's what everyone wants. If you have any suggestions on a new track then let us know. It needs to be a super speedway of some sort and be suited for drafting like Daytona etc.

If we can't get a stable fix organised we will change the track but remember we have 10 weeks before we race that track so don't panic just yet. :)
Inspector

---

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:51 am

I quite liked the track, well for the 16 laps I managed atleast.. Obviously there needs to be something done about the setup etc, but apart from that it was all good :)

Appoligies to Odie for the spin in front of you.. that was my bad. Im not sure if the engine popped right then causing the spin or if it happened during ;(

I quite liked the wide, open and multiple lines nature of the track.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:33 am

I really enjoyed myself lastnight. The most fun I've had on-line gaming in a long time.

Sorry if I caused any accidents, but thats all they would be is accidents, else they would be called intensionals :)

I think a big thanks goes out to Inspector for organsing the practice, and keeping the Forum well posted. And another thank you goes out to Ron West for allowing us to updated drivers skins quickly before the race :)

Thanks guys, these things make racing so much more enjoyable

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:37 am

The tracks alright, removing 10% tape from the server setup should stop the pops.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:20 am

Bit of a Banger, but I had a good time on Ventrillo, thanks to Snakes pussy. :D

Just wondering if the server will be up on Tuesday night with the Wed night track, as I have a m8 here who would like to run in the league but has not done any online racing (though enough offline). So I would like to lead him around for a bit.

Might also be a good chance to have a look and see if skins are ok if anyone is unsure, so that on Wed night we can just get straight into it.
I think you see what Im getting at. Just a real informal cruise around so that we can bring down the crash rate a little on Wed night.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Jan 20, 2005 12:33 pm

UnbounD wrote:Bit of a Banger, but I had a good time on Ventrillo, thanks to Snakes pussy. :D
Yes i do like my pussy....cat :>

Thanks for 2nd place last night wood, you do seem to get more than you fair share of disco's tho :eek:
Wah Wah Wah

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:07 pm

Bold wrote:I quite liked the track, well for the 16 laps I managed atleast.. Obviously there needs to be something done about the setup etc, but apart from that it was all good :)

Appoligies to Odie for the spin in front of you.. that was my bad. Im not sure if the engine popped right then causing the spin or if it happened during ;(

I quite liked the wide, open and multiple lines nature of the track.
No worries Bold...you didn't ruin my night, the dang disco that I had did. Disconnected and finished 3 laps down, I think I had a top 3 until that point.

Anyway my views on the track.......I hated it, it seemed to be that there was a different line that needed to be taken to maintain speed. But with more practice that can be worked out. Anyway, I believe we can fix the engine failure issue, by fixing the default fast setup. The setup worked good in clean air, but once you were drafting, it began to heat up. I say adjust the gearing and tape and the setup woudl be good.
Odie

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:44 pm

punted someone pretty hard at one point...sorry :(
was drafting behind .unbound and as we went low on a slower truck I must have got a bit closer than normal in the draft and lost a bit of front end grip resulting in me sliding up the track and straight into the back of someone....saw the hit coming but at 189Mph there just aint much happening even with brakes and full lock

Nightmare of a start.....was wondering what the hell was going on....I had to keep backing off as it appeared that the feild was only at about 80% pace and while getting back on the gas during a corner slide the truck round....still yet to see the front of the pack in the replay but anyone know what was up...was a damn slow start

Seems I had the dreaded pedals issue as watching the replay as I came out of the pits after having my engine fixed (must have gotten off the gas before it right lunched itself) my throttle position never went above 3/4 assumed in game that it was just the engine showing that it was not 100%....still made up 4 places and had several spectaular crashes (at 155-160Mph) and was happy enough with the finish

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:09 am

Yes Jetboy, I had the same thing happen a couple of times during practise. The draft seems to come on real quick and hard there. I did a massive Wheely following someone. Thought I was going to go right over so I backed off the throttle a little and it just seeming to sit with its nose up for quite a while....wish I had saved the replay of that.

I was going quite low in a couple of the bends, Thats what I did in qual which is prolly what got me 3rd on the grid.....Shame I naffed it on the turn 4 exit and took Mikool with me for a quick (black flag) trip through pit lane. That dropped me back to 21st place......But I beavered away and finished 9th. Not too bad.

cheers
"Run Yasmine Run"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:29 pm

Whats the chances of getting a server replay of the race. I know it was a practice one, but since I was disco, I only have half of it
Odie

TonyG

New Track?

Post by TonyG » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:45 pm

Inspector wrote: If you have any suggestions on a new track then let us know. It needs to be a super speedway of some sort and be suited for drafting like Daytona etc.

If we can't get a stable fix organised we will change the track but remember we have 10 weeks before we race that track so don't panic just yet. :)
It seems that opinions are still divided, I personally think the track is a bit boring and bland looking with great expanses of track and not much else.

I'm sure the setups and track ini are not a problem but I've been running The Riki Track from masgraphx and found it great for drafting and racing, it looks great and the curves are nicely balanced, you run on the edge of traction and can feel the rear moving around.
It also has a brilliant pit exit you rejoin at near race speed just in the right spot!

I'd like to hear anyone elses opinion :)

Link here, I prefer the night version

http://www.masgrafx.com/masgrafxracing/ ... oad&sid=17

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:46 pm

pic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.