GTR SEASON 1

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Eagle32

GTR SEASON 1

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:06 am

GTR SEASON 1 Rules Revision 1

Settings
Please have your data rate set to Cable/DSL. At 56k rates there can be some fairly severe pop-up issues especially on the start. Your co-operation in this matter is appreciated.

General driving ettiquete
Cars must be driven at all times within the capabilities and expertise of the driver.It is the responsibility of all drivers to know the track to the best of their ability.

DANGEROUS DRIVING including barging, shunting, chopping off, sudden line changes and weaving will not be tolerated. Offenders may be disqualified, forced to miss events or in the extreme removed from the league.

Abusive in-car chat, Ventrillo or post race forum behavior will not be tolerated. This is supposed to be enjoyable, let’s keep it that way.

Password
At this stage the server will not be passworded.
However, if even the slightest problem occurs, such as unregistered drivers appearing in Qual/Race, the server will be passworded for league events and the password posted in SimCentral Forums under the relevant race thread.

Schedule
  • Week 1: Barcelona (14th June)
  • Week 2: Magny Cours
  • Week 3: Enna
  • Week 4: Brno
  • Week 5: Donington
  • Week 6: Spa (day)
  • Week 7: Anderstorp
  • Week 8: Oschersleben
  • Week 9: Estroil
  • Week 10: Monza
Practice Start time 8:30PM
As far as is possible within peoples other commitments they should be on the Server at this time.

Official Practice 20mins
However you should get more than 20min practice ;)

Qualifying for Race One 8:50pm - 10mins

We are aware that this time is fairly short with all drivers trying to get out on the track and put in a good lap. However I don’t think anyone wants to spend their racing time hot-lapping or watching other people hot lap. Showing good racing etiquette during this time will be extremely important. To this end:
  • All drivers on a hot lap should have their lights on.
  • If you fall off the track you are no longer on a hot lap and should turn your lights off and give room to drivers on a hot lap.
  • If your on your out lap you should give way to all cars with their lights on. Give lots of way, get off the racing line and wait till they’ve past.
  • Please don’t continue lapping to try and knock a few more 100th’s off your time. Especially if your in first by several seconds. Let other people get a chance to get a clean lap in.
Warm-up Yes
This will allow everyone 5 minutes to cope with anything unforeseen. It will be voted on of course and in most circumstances bypassed.

Race Start times:
~9:00pm Race One.
~9:45pm Race Two.

Length 20min for each race.

There will be a short practice session after Race One to allow anyone who has dropped to re-join for the second race. Please be listening on Ventrilo to know when you’re able to re-join. Anyone not listening and ready to join will get left behind.

Finish should be before 10:15pm

Event End
You MUST NOT leave the event until it has rolled over to the following session. Doing so will render your race result NOT RECORDED. This is an issue with the game. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Starts
Will be from a standing start. All drivers are reminded that the race is not won in the first corner or the first lap. Tires and brakes will be cold, drivers will be tightly packed together and careless driving will be dealt with harshly.

You must be ready when the server switches to the race session and join before the 30 second countdown is complete. Anyone not ready will be out of luck and will have to wait for the next race. The race can not be restarted.
You should have look left/right bound to something so if you start at the front of the grid you can see the lights which on some tracks are not visible in the forward view from the front of the grid.

Restarts
Are a serious problem. Given there is no way to restart a race without re-running qualifying or starting with a random grid they will only be taken in extreme cases. Normally this will mean only mass-disconnects as mentioned latter. However races may be re-run or abandoned at the admins discretion if circumstances warrant.

Wear Rate
1 X wear

Fuel Use
1 X

Allowed Aids
Traction Control: Low
ABS: Low
Auto Clutch

Damage
ON
Caveat: If this proves to be unacceptable Damage may be reviewed

Mechanical Failures
Off (the game will take care of the Random Failures until a patch is released)

Flags
All in-game flags will be adhered too.

Blue - Displayed when a driver does not yield to a car that is lapping him. 1st time is a
warning, 2nd time indicates the driver must yield immediately, and the 3rd time earns a stop and go penalty.
Should you be shown the blue, you will yeild to the following vehicle at the next safest point. But it is still up the passing car to make the pass Hold your line. A slight lift on the throttle once the passing vehicle has moved out to pass is all that is required.

Black and White - The driver has been penalized for cutting corners or other race
infractions. A stop and go penalty must be taken within 2 laps.

Yellow - Slow down and do not pass. There is a dangerous condition on the circuit.
Do not pass under a waved yellow flag, you risk an in-game penalty

Full course Yellows
Off

Points scheme is the same as V8 supercars (short course)
GTR League points system

1: 64
2: 62
3: 60
4: 58
5: 56
6: 54
7: 52
8: 50
9: 48
10: 46
11: 44
12: 42
13: 40
14: 38
15: 36
16: 34
17: 32
18: 30
19: 28
20: 26
21: 24
22: 22
23: 20
24: 18
25: 16
26: 14
27: 12
28: 10
29: 8
30: 6
31: 4
32: 2

Weather
Fixed, clear and calm. The same settings the server has been using.

Setups
Open

Weight penalty
No (next league, Defiantly)

Passing
A passing maneuver is deemed to have begun when 2 Cars overlap each other by approximately 50% or more. It is the passing cars responsibility to make the pass cleanly and without contact. The car being passed must give a much room as is realistic, as it is their best interests. A driver may defend his/her position by moving off their line in the straights, but in one direction only and once committed to an alternative line, must remain there.

Pitting
Entry to pit lane must be made off the racing line and warning must be given either via Ventrilo or in-car text.
It is a drivers responsibility to know the pit area as well as they know the track. Drivers must give way to all moving traffic when exiting their pit stall.

Disconnections
If 30 percent of the field or more is dropped, the race will be Red flagged and restarted / abandoned depending on available time. If you are Disconnected, Equal last place points will be awarded.

1FPS Bug
If this should happen to you, quickly get the car off the track as safely as you can and punch the esc button to remove your vehicle from the track.
Until this is patched all we can do is call this a Random Part Failure.

Skins
Skins will not be accepted for this league at this time. The game has proved unstable and until it proves reliable, skins and add-on cars will not be used. We will test this over the next month as I am sure we would all rather be driving our “ownâ€Â
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:53 am

wohooo ! ;p

Lets go ho's :D
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:41 am

Good work on those rules ladies _b :cute: Looking forward to this season very muchly.

:cool:
Don't make me destroy you.

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:47 pm

direct IP or server listing?

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:49 pm

]-[ITMAN wrote:direct IP or server listing?
Direct IP

Server is up 24/7 on 203.114.130.15

GOJACK

Post by GOJACK » Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:53 pm

Great work guys. See you in Spain.

diseased

Post by diseased » Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:11 pm

I'm wondering if it might not be better to have your lights on for your out-lap, then you turn them off once you start your hotlap.

Just a thought.
"It is what it is."

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:24 pm

As damage will be on...what happens if you crash...do you still leave your lights on?

Growler.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:33 pm

Growler wrote:As damage will be on...what happens if you crash...do you still leave your lights on?

Growler.
it's in da rules

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:39 pm

I know...it was a snide remark on having damage on!!!

Growler.

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:41 pm

damage is on - get over it

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:56 pm

Now now...

Growler.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:58 pm

Growler wrote:As damage will be on...what happens if you crash...do you still leave your lights on?

Growler.
Only if you go backwards into the armco, otherwise the lights wont work anyway :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Post by Guest » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:05 pm

Growler wrote:Now now...

Growler.
the decsions has been made to have damage on, bitching about it or making snide remarks serves no useful purpose to the league or the committee, except to turn it into another nascar league.

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:09 pm

Man...Relax - I was having fun with it.
I dosen't worry me in the least if damage was on, off or we had to drive blindfolded!!!

Growler.

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:10 pm

In actual fact I was taking the piss out of Diseased.

Growler.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:18 pm

Growler wrote: I dosen't worry me in the least if damage was on, off or we had to drive blindfolded!!!
I've tried racing blindfolded. Last Wednesday night. I came 3rd.

:cute:

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:30 pm

I hope you had your lights on!

Growler.

diseased

Post by diseased » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:47 pm

Skuzzle... were you using the Force?

If so... come to the dark side. Then you'll come in 1st. You have no idea of the powah of the Dahk Side.
So sayeth Lord Plague.
"It is what it is."

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:54 pm

There's nothing like a bit of OT Star Wars banter to calm things down :cool:

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:15 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:There's nothing like a bit of OT Star Wars banter to calm things down :cool:
Or make people run away screaming