NZNL - Race 7 - Riki Speedway

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
M

Post by M » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:10 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:Well, I saw some shocking driving tonight.
Been using chase cam again, have we? :D

/jk

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:12 pm

It was my fault wood i just came into the the pits a tad hot try to miss you but could not.

again sorry for that.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:48 pm

1 DuD 3632
2 Monsters Inc 3608

wohoo :D !
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:26 am

A big thankyou to Gareth Robinson for un-beaching me at Turn 1, it would have been a 2.5 minute tow otherwise o_O.
:>

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:02 am

A public apology to Scott for ripping him up and down in Ventrillo. After Gareth offered his explanation and Typhoon explained to me what was saw on their end and what I saw, it was a warp issue and comes down to a racing incident in the on line world.

I know Scott is not signed up here, but once he does sign, he can read it or Typhoon can be signed in and he can see it then. :)
Odie

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:45 am

I love this track too, it has a couple of "bugs" but rewards patience and practice, the "bumps" in turn 1 and 2 are tricky but I approached those corners with trepidation (big word :) ) each time and it payed off.

Got caught in two accidents, 1 where Scott lost it in front of me and then 1 towards the end of the race , just couldn't avoid it :(

I noticed that everyone I was with on the track with slowed for all accidents and usually made it through in about the same position as before, good stuff _b

Was battling with Inspector for third until the last accident which dropped me back but then Inspectors engine blew???? and I got the third spot

Great win Dan and great result for monsters with riven 6th _b _b
Watch out you DuDs :p

Great result for number 1 son in the rookies in his first race too :D _b _b
Last edited by TonyG on Thu Jun 16, 2005 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:02 am

BAZZIL wrote:1 DuD 3632
2 Monsters Inc 3608

wohoo :D !
Maybe so, but you were about 90 points ahead before... now its only 26 ;p

Oh did I mention that Wood gets to qual again :)

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:23 am

Happy wrote:A big thankyou to Gareth Robinson for un-beaching me at Turn 1, it would have been a 2.5 minute tow otherwise o_O.
Its good to know that something good came out of my 4 minute lap thanks to 2 blown front tyres.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:34 am

I have to make a public apolgy to my team for me not turning up for a few races . . . I wasn't well last week . . . and last night I got home 5 minutes after the race had started . . . PLEASE don't tell me that you had a delayed start and that I might have made it in.

The three rookie members of Vengeance Racing are really showing me up because they are there every week and getting better and better . . . so I congratulate them . . . and I aoplogize again for being a "spanner in the works" and holding the team back in the Team's Competition.

Wal

Is it fair?

Post by Wal » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:06 pm

Well last nights race for me was a good one (I think). Sorry TonyG, I did lose the arse end to a fish tale wave, but I think I had gathered it up twice but was off the gas and had moved out from the lower race line in doing so, therefore closed the door on you to some degree thus causing you to collect me. Certainly not intentional.

Odonohuesp… apology accepted :D . I am signed up on here, but under Wal, not Scott. When first signed up to the league it was a rushed affair and Scott was thrown in as my name and 789 as my number (3 keys in a row on the num pad). I didn’t have another name sorted before that stage. Wal is a sort of nick name I guess, was called that a lot at the garage I used to work at, and hence the Wal of Footrot Flats fame on my car (which needs more work when I get a spare moment). As a side issue, am I able to get my name changed in the league from Scott to Wal?? Anyway, was drafting you, saw the car on the high line from earlier in the straight, but as we went around the corner I think it came up much faster that either of us expected, and tucked in behind you I didn’t have a clear view anyway, but once I realised – off the throttle, on the brake and tried to get around you. My replay showed you collecting Gareth, and me swerving to the left and clearing you by a good couple of metres, but unfortunately sealing my fate on the wall on the inside after the dodging move. From memory there was another car on a lower line around the same place (which is probably why we went high).

My name was abused again as I entered into pit lane, I think FlyBoy this time (sorry if it wasn’t you), was much slower on the left as I entered, I was doing good stops, jumping places in the pits and never buggered one entry up so I was holding a lot of speed entering, so even though it was close I didn’t hit you and you were very slow.

This brings me to a gripe I have. I admit early races weren’t my best, but my early races were my first ever. My worst race was due to controller losing its settings and erratic sound (no engine noise), and I left early to not affect the outcome for others. Last night I find it hard to fault my race. I throttle off and brake for accidents (perhaps I could slow more, but learnt a couple of weeks back you pay by getting shunted from the back). When a train comes up behind me, I move over and tag onto the end of it, it’s faster than I am when approaching, so no point in holding it up – unless late in the race and for position. I held my line, I gave racing room (even to Mattly who forced me to make 1 and a half lanes worth of room on one corner late in the race :D ). I tried to avoid accidents, but sometimes its just a 50/50, you pick a clear line and some car ahead smashes a spinning car into your line, or a spinning car comes into the line your committed to. I’d like to ask all the moderators/race officals to watch the replay of my race and give a fair unbiased comment on it. I feel I am being blamed for things that aren’t my doing, it’s as if when something goes wrong for someone, if I’m on the same stretch it is my fault by default. Hey, if I do something wrong that is stupid, by all means let me know, but from what I heard on Ventrilo last night there were people up in the points apologising left right and center for losing it and causing carnage. The only accident that I caused from memory was TonyG’s.

Anyway, I’ll wait for the verdict.

Cheers
Wal out.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Jun 16, 2005 12:41 pm

Wal, it would pay to send ronwest an email to see if you can change your name. Thanks for signing up _b

Big Al

Re: Is it fair?

Post by Big Al » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:37 pm

Wal wrote:
This brings me to a gripe I have. I admit early races weren’t my best, but my early races were my first ever. My worst race was due to controller losing its settings and erratic sound (no engine noise), and I left early to not affect the outcome for others. Last night I find it hard to fault my race. I throttle off and brake for accidents (perhaps I could slow more, but learnt a couple of weeks back you pay by getting shunted from the back). When a train comes up behind me, I move over and tag onto the end of it, it’s faster than I am when approaching, so no point in holding it up – unless late in the race and for position. I held my line, I gave racing room (even to Mattly who forced me to make 1 and a half lanes worth of room on one corner late in the race :D ). I tried to avoid accidents, but sometimes its just a 50/50, you pick a clear line and some car ahead smashes a spinning car into your line, or a spinning car comes into the line your committed to. I’d like to ask all the moderators/race officals to watch the replay of my race and give a fair unbiased comment on it. I feel I am being blamed for things that aren’t my doing, it’s as if when something goes wrong for someone, if I’m on the same stretch it is my fault by default. Hey, if I do something wrong that is stupid, by all means let me know, but from what I heard on Ventrilo last night there were people up in the points apologising left right and center for losing it and causing carnage. The only accident that I caused from memory was TonyG’s.

Cheers
Wal out.
Wal dont take what is said on Vent too personally....99% of what is said on the night is rush of blood stuff and im sure most is regretted the following day. being a new driver any mistake you make will be broadcast to all on vent by the more experianced drivers but dont worry with time you will get to know that some drivers think their s&*t dont stink and remember with 40+ drivers that is also 40+ opinions and personalities.

I enjoyed the race last night and it was good to see everyone slowing for accidents, on more than 1 occasion when i slowed for accidents i was expecting the dreaded punt from behind but it never came. I personally did not see any stupid passing attempts or reckless driving.

odonohuesp

Re: Is it fair?

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:39 pm

Wal wrote:Well last nights race for me was a good one (I think). Sorry TonyG, I did lose the arse end to a fish tale wave, but I think I had gathered it up twice but was off the gas and had moved out from the lower race line in doing so, therefore closed the door on you to some degree thus causing you to collect me. Certainly not intentional.

Odonohuesp… apology accepted :D . I am signed up on here, but under Wal, not Scott. When first signed up to the league it was a rushed affair and Scott was thrown in as my name and 789 as my number (3 keys in a row on the num pad). I didn’t have another name sorted before that stage. Wal is a sort of nick name I guess, was called that a lot at the garage I used to work at, and hence the Wal of Footrot Flats fame on my car (which needs more work when I get a spare moment). As a side issue, am I able to get my name changed in the league from Scott to Wal?? Anyway, was drafting you, saw the car on the high line from earlier in the straight, but as we went around the corner I think it came up much faster that either of us expected, and tucked in behind you I didn’t have a clear view anyway, but once I realised – off the throttle, on the brake and tried to get around you. My replay showed you collecting Gareth, and me swerving to the left and clearing you by a good couple of metres, but unfortunately sealing my fate on the wall on the inside after the dodging move. From memory there was another car on a lower line around the same place (which is probably why we went high).

My name was abused again as I entered into pit lane, I think FlyBoy this time (sorry if it wasn’t you), was much slower on the left as I entered, I was doing good stops, jumping places in the pits and never buggered one entry up so I was holding a lot of speed entering, so even though it was close I didn’t hit you and you were very slow.

Cheers
Wal out.
I will have a look at the server replay once I have it downloaded and give you constructive crticism, since I was the one of the guys that had to insert foot in month after the race. :D
Odie

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:32 pm

I loved that race track and enjoyed the racing though I could protest at least 5 times I wont even though it cost me a top ten finish
twice when slowing for accidents I was rammed and 3 times when going high and sticking to the wall to let traffic through drivers in the tri oval were moving off line and slamming me hard into the wall funy thing is I iknew there was a problem with the tri oval with cars bumping off line high (I didnt have this problem as I normally take the low line there) yet I still was couteous to let the drafters through and got punished.
Anyways still was enjoyable and besides losing about 4 laps stuck down in reverse on THAT corner lol, after being slammed from behind considering finishing 20th wasnt to bad.
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sun Jun 19, 2005 10:31 am

And you say i'm bad luck Prom... ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wah Wah Wah

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:11 pm

Yes I did get some air that corner didn't I :D

Just thinking at the moment about what music to use for this race video this week. Fly like an Eagle comes to mind.
YouTube videos

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:50 pm

Prometheus wrote:Yes I did get some air that corner didn't I :D

Just thinking at the moment about what music to use for this race video this week. Fly like an Eagle comes to mind.
lol

Have you used any music by Cake before, "The Distance"
Wah Wah Wah

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:23 pm

Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.