GTR SEASON 1 - RACE 2 - Magny-Cours

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Eagle32

GTR SEASON 1 - RACE 2 - Magny-Cours

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:25 am

Race 2 of the season is in France at Magny-Cours.

Everyone please be advised that we will be using the ISDN data rate this week in an effort to resolve the un-recorded laps of last week and the very high traffic usage.

This is a difficult circuit that needs to be treated with respect. Please be careful, especially in Grande Courbe and Estoril on the first lap. These are difficult enough corners to get right on your own with good tires. Two wide with cold tires they are very challenging.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:29 am

hopefully the connection stays intact for this game that seems to be held together on the intergalactic nutwerk by bits of string :>
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Flyboy69

Re: GTR SEASON 1 - RACE 2 - Magny-Cours

Post by Flyboy69 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:54 pm

Eagle32 wrote:Race 2 of the season is in France at Magny-Cours.

Everyone please be advised that we will be using the ISDN data rate this week in an effort to resolve the un-recorded laps of last week and the very high traffic usage.
Just let you know, I was using the ISDN data rate on the weekend and kepted getting the 1fps bug, switched to cable and it stopped.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Mon Jun 20, 2005 1:21 pm

I'm the opposite Flyboy, I switched to DSL and the FPS bug started. I think the fps bug is just random, but I think if everyone sets their visible cars to about 10, that would make it all a lot better too.
:>

Eagle32

GT3 setups

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:24 pm

Here's my current setups for Magny-Cours in the GT3-RS. A race pace in the low 1:43's / high 1:42's is do-able enough. This setup is basically the one off the gtr-rank forum by WR304 or whatever his nick is with fuel/tire changes for our race distance.

It's the only setup I've found so far which I've been able to keep on the track and at least close to the 360.

I have a cold and an early exam on Wednesday morning so I may or may not make the race tomorrow depending on how I'm feeling and how much sleep I get. Sadly however racing will continue either way :p

1FPS bug = teh random. Everyone at the same rate _seems_ to help. However we have no conclusive proof. Last week no one had the 1 fps but several had the "no laps recorded". By this logic (and the huge data usage) we're going to ISDN this week.

Problems on the weekend Fly could have been lots of people using diffreent rates.

As I say the whole thing is random and highly annoying :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Death to Smoochy

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:15 pm

We'll, I was looking forward to the race tonight, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it.. Aparently We've exceded our cap and I dont think GTR will like 2 people over a 64kbps connection.. :(

storm

Post by storm » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:47 pm

miggles the file whore?

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:48 pm

Bold i tried GTR when i went over my cap and it was a laggy affair and vent didnt work. Bummer

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:48 pm

There is a spare 19" monitor at my place Bold, you are more than welcome, Bazz is coming as well.
Inspector

---

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:07 pm

Inspector wrote:There is a spare 19" monitor at my place Bold, you are more than welcome, Bazz is coming as well.
Yeah, I might do.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:41 pm

I have to work late tonight dammit. Hopefully I'll make it in time for the race D:
Don't make me destroy you.

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:59 pm

I'm out too - exams etc. Bummer as I really like the complex after the hairpin on this track. Next week

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 6:43 pm

I thought I might not make it, I was having problems with my video card, but after pissing around for 1 1/2 hours I think Ive got it sorted. So I will be there, unless I run into problems again. I think the thing that caused the probs was the BF2 demo, hope not, I'll install it again on the weekend and see what happens.
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:05 pm

I will be missing this race due to a dinner party my wife is having. I asked if I could race and she told me, "Hell no!!!"
Odie

YeeHarr

Post by YeeHarr » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:22 pm

First race good.

Got hit too many times in the second race.

Does anyone know if the +2lap people get blue flags for the +1lap people?

It's annoying when you have one between you and you next closest car and they don't get out of the way and they crash causing chaos.

Still - a great game. No technical problems as usual.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:25 pm

Well that sucked.

Finished the second race in 5th, chased Bazz and Snake for the whole race and the game showed me finishing 17th.

No point in racing if that is going to happen.
Inspector

---

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:26 pm

Good spot of racing I thought. Famin jammed himself over into me in the first race and popped himself.

I got ripped in qualifying in the second race because slow people not getting out of the way when faster drivers on hot laps behind them. Shame that.

One of the most amusing parts of the races was the hairpin on the first lap of the second race, Storm did one of his biggest divebombs yet, I was about to turn in and I heard his engine reving rather high so I just let him fly past on the inside.

famin

Post by famin » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:37 pm

Happy wrote:Good spot of racing I thought. Famin jammed himself over into me in the first race and popped himself.
ah hell, I was going to lauch into refuting your crap Happy but whats the point.?

Id just get flamed again.

Just be more careful next time please.
Throttle depressed, driver very happy

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:44 pm

Inspector wrote: Finished the second race in 5th, chased Bazz and Snake for the whole race and the game showed me finishing 17th.
Yep, showed me as 5th and yet I was actually 6th or 7th. :rolleyes:
Why does KSR suck at FPS?

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:44 pm

cracker racing there, swings and roundabouts that was with plenty of dings :)

Must say the netcode is crap (have I mentioned that before ? ;p)
Snake could you keep your indian friends off Vent plz ;)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Eagle32

Points!

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:00 pm

I fixed Inspectors position for the second race. If you have a problem and laps aren't recorded you need to tell me so it gets sorted otherwise you get equal last place.
Last edited by Eagle32 on Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- Death to Smoochy

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:00 pm

famin wrote:
Happy wrote:Good spot of racing I thought. Famin jammed himself over into me in the first race and popped himself.
ah hell, I was going to lauch into refuting your crap Happy but whats the point.?

No no, you be more careful next time, I have watched my replay, I shall post screenies if you'd like me to prove my point >8p.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:05 pm

Happy wrote:
famin wrote:

No no, you be more careful next time, I have watched my replay, I shall post screenies if you'd like me to prove my point >8p.
Please do, I would like to see them.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:29 pm

Red car = Happy
Black car = Famin

The situation here is exiting the inner track hairpin, famin was a spot slower out of the corner so I moved up the left to try to pass , the next corner interestingly enough is a right -left chicane so I was never going to stay in front once we got to the next corner. You can see I ran out of track space on the left and famin just drove accross the track to the left a spot too far.

Biteme

Post by Biteme » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:05 am

Looks like you both wanted the same real estate to me. You to pass and famin for the racing line. Possibly a little leway from either or both of you would have prevailed.

;)
Why does KSR suck at FPS?