NZNL - Race 8 - Cass County

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
odonohuesp

NZNL - Race 8 - Cass County

Post by odonohuesp » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:58 pm

Cass County

Cass County

What can I say about this track except that it is a flat Talladega and there are going to be different braking points and ways that drivers take the turns. So, be sure to pay close attention when entering the turns on Wednesday and be well aware of wrecks that may be going on up the track. Last week seemed to one of our better weeks when cars where coming up on accidents, so lets continue that this week.

With only 5 races left the points, lead is starting to tighten up and Daniel Wood is out to gain some more ground after missing Supercell 2 weeks ago. The top 7 drivers are within 127 points of each other and one bad race by current points leader Bazzil and Unbound could pass him in points.

The battle for the team championship is still up in the air with the DuDs leading the way, flowed closely by Monsters, Voda and SimTV, while Team Marine is fighting to hold onto their 5th place position.

Rookie points leader Viking could take 2 weeks off and may still have the rookie title in hand, but that would be based off how Skelo performed during those 2 races. Now I know Viking would not miss 2 races to allow for a close competition, but that would hurt his team.

Entry and exiting pit road is set by the game. No special rules for that this week, except for the rules.

Drivers that will start from the back this week:

Ze Bazzil
Riven
Odie
Viking (R)
Tony G
Odie

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:54 pm

Been practicing offline and am havin real trouble keeping my car pointing forwards here. I seem to recall talk about using a different setup but can't find the thread?

Any pointers from our top drivers for how to handle this track? What speeds should I be looking to take these corners at?

:cute:
Don't make me destroy you.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:04 am

This thread here has an updated NZNL Fast setup which is quiet nice. It's a zip file setup by TonyG.

It'll end in tears alright for a few :D Speed wise, I suck ! but am getting around solo in low 50's but have yet to break below the 50 mark - tried for a drive to conserve tyres rather than go hell out hard.

And to make it more of a challenge, I've gone over my 10gb datacap, so the kind folk at Telecom have decided to throttle my speed rather than fix their half chewed fibre cable _b So no Ventrillo for me.
YouTube videos

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:16 am

RACE DAY BABY! :D
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:36 am

The setup will have to be finalised tonight after final testing of online drafting speed and gearing, if there are any changes they will be pretty minor, so if anyone wants offline testing use this setup
(thought i'd post it here too, thanks for the info above Prom :) )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:12 pm

To be honest Tony, this setup should be the final one, we really should not make changes to a race setup prior to the race, since it is a fixed setup.

In open setups, drivers are constantly changing to suit their style, but this one has been out there and people should have been practicing off line already.
Odie

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:36 pm

Odie, you may have missed the comment by Happy, he thought the engine revs were a little high and therefore we would experience blown engines while drafting.
Because the offline AI are a bit dodgy it was quite hard to know if the gearing was perfect for online drafting. I had hoped we could finalise that last night but Riven had a busy day and night, so it will have to be tonight that we can confirm the speed is OK or not. I would hate to have a setup where half the field blew engines.
Any changes that may be made would only be a click or two in gearing and would not affect the handling to any great degree. :)

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Jun 22, 2005 1:48 pm

I saw Happy's comment. I was getting the impression that there would be other changes, since I saw comments about scraping and such. If gearing is the only adjustment, then I see no problem :)
Odie

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:09 pm

server is up. ive taken Tonys setup and raised the 4th gear by 1 notch and renamed the setup to fast.

post here before official practise starts if you wish other things to be adjusted.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:42 pm

Can it make me the winner please ? :D
YouTube videos

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:03 pm

Trickle cup car available for download from simracerhq.

;p
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Monster

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:19 pm

Way to go Mark, I mean Dick for finally providing a car file for us to see. _b
Odie

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:26 pm

Well I thought I better paint something so I don't appear as a plain green car in prom's movies.

:>
Monster

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:30 pm

And now it will stick out like dog's....... :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:00 pm

Not my best race, seemed to be unable to miss upcoming accidents and then gave myself a black flag :( q-
Sorry for the touch towards the end Skuzz :(

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:01 pm

Cracking race >8p
Did anyone notice Bite-me's sterling effort ?

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:02 pm

Didn't really like that track much.

;p
Monster

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:03 pm

Very clean race I thought guess the next vid might be a little tamer.

Once again screwed myself outta a top 10 from a self spin coming outta pits, looked at the f2 screen just a tad too long.

Thanks to Tony G at the end there but my tires were screwed so couldn't keep up with Eagle.

Skelo

Post by Skelo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:10 pm

Was an awesome race, no doubts.

Thanks to Wood and Odie for the drags, sorry I couldnt keep up off the mark Wood so we could depart from the field, I tried but you have a definate fast line.
A Pleasure driving behind you both.
Once again Unbound....you'd better get a couple its 2 zip now :P hehe

I'm coming Viking, keep on ya game! :)

Good race all, thanks and see you all next week!
Skelo
V Racing

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:19 pm

Cleanest race so far and the best percentage of finishers with flyboy the only non finisher(camshaft) but that track sucks using game pad lol right front is gone after 7 laps blew it 4 times coming into pits causing 3 drive throughs.
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:22 pm

Hard work to get to the front it was, and one mistake would penalise you rather heavily on that one :)

Squeezed out a 7th, was a little cautious into the pits and let riven get away on me for that ;p

Big soz to flyboy for pulling out of the pits a tad early, I misread the time completely on the F2 screen and tried to pull back in when you went past but then ya lost it D: Soz, my bad.
Altough there was alot of people exiting pits on the corner with other cars coming past, a bit of a no no but most drivers managed to get around the car exiting pit alright.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Wood

Post by Wood » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:37 pm

Well that was an ok race, First stint was a matter of getting into a rhythm and conserving the tires. Skelo was about 0.2 back as we entered the pits, I came out with a 2sec advantage over Happy that he started to errode until I caught Eagle, with his draft I was able to click off about 8 consecutive 50.4xx's and by the second stop I had a 3sec lead. Thats when it went all to poo's, got pinged for "Unsafe pit exit" :rolleyes: must have been centimetres in it, wasn't much different to my other stops, oh well.... :Puke:

Came out 20th after the stop-go, a few laps later Flyboy spun out right infront of me and I got into the side of Gareth while taking evasive action. From then on it was all about salvaging some decent points, caught up to Bazz just before the final stop and got past him as he exited the pit. Pushed and pushed, as hard as I could, got past Bold with 2 to go, and then nabbed Murph for a top five round the outside on the final turn of the race, very enjoyable.

Looking foward to next week. :)
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:42 pm

Great comeback Wood well done _b _b _b

3 Monsters did well as usual, the 4th we won't talk about :D

No Tony next week, so will have to lift my game O_o

4 rounds left, we can do it Monsters _b _b _b _b _b _b _b _b _b
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:00 am

Team Google started the race together and we finished together...funny thing is we hardly saw each other during the race, apart from when wideload punted me entering pits O_o

Sorry to Unbound on my pit exit, i was going to merge on the corner and then at the last second changed my mind and lost it.

Had fun and looking forward to next week :)

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:01 am

Ooer, Priorities for Team Monsters, I expect ze DuDs will be extending their lead next week also >8D