NZNL - Race 9 - Miami-Homestead

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Major Havoc

Post by Major Havoc » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:02 am

Stoked.. Qualified 2nd.. then did a couple 29.XX Laps.. I was thinking this is sweet.. then Bammmmmm CTD...

GRRRRR..... Snake convinced me to come back in.. could never get back in the race after that.. I will enjoy those 1st 4 laps @ 2nd :)

Good Race..
Major Havoc [PzC]
Ping Zero

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:46 am

I win the prize for the weirdest night :D

1st - not realising it was the PWF track that needed to be downloaded, so my practice was all on the default Homestead q-

2nd - Discovered that Vikings' spotter must've lost his voice for the key words 'car outside', and after slowing down for turn 3, got bumped. Oh well, it wasn't intentional, justa game.

3rd - watched Viking take out Mattly a couple of laps later doing exactly the same thing. Hmm, fire that spotter mate !

4th - daughter came thru to let me know my son was vomiting everywhere. Turned out to be just a coughing fit due to the flu, but we ended up sitting on the couch wrapped up and snoozing. So endth my race.

Sigh.

But when I went back to disconnect, someone had hit my parked car that was just sitting in the pits and spun it around. Hmm, guess that parked car must've leapt out at yah huh !
YouTube videos

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:19 am

Yeah I did the same thing Prom, practised on the default track. Went to join the server at about 8.45 - oh s**t! - downloaded the PWF track with a few minutes to spare before qualifying.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:35 am

An interesting race it was, I couldn't quite catch wood, and in fact at the end I was catching you until I came up on Lap traffic , this was about 20 / 15 laps to the end and Woody was about 4 / 5 seconds infront of me,

It would appear that some drivers are giving faster cars the big finger when it comes to letting other cars thru near the end of the race, saying you're racing someone miles up the track is not a good reason for you not to move over *cough*Mikool*cough* you were not racing anybody for position around you but still did not move over, I had to jam my way thru :)

Might I point out the rules to those of you who do not know them:
Protests will be accepted for "late race" intentional blocking of cars you are not racing for position. (I.e. blocking to aid team members or racing against cars which are not for effective position) Race and situational awareness are a vital part of racing and this is especially important in the closing stages of a race. You are expected to be aware (especially in the latter part of the race) of the cars around you and how to behave in these situations. For example, it is good race etiquette to get out of the way of cars racing each other for position even when they are a lap or two down on you, but if you are racing someone and other cars are between you (but a lap down) and also racing each other, do not expect right of passage.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:50 am

All in all a good race for me....no major complaints...just trying to work around slower cars. I was having a good battle with 3 DuDs mid race(Inspector, Happy, and Bazz) I really did enjoy passing Happy twice on the high side ;p , but he got me at the end when it counted, of course driving off the track when I was pitting didn't help, did it Inspector.

I could see Inspector saying in my mirror "FFS Odie, what is going on with that dodgy driving of yours"

Seemed to make it through all the accident and following Happy and not punting him, I know Inspector was following one time and was caught up in one, which dropped him back to the of the lead lap cars.

Well off to next week, where you better be strapped in tight if you are
involved in an accident.
Odie

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:55 am

Well I'm glad I'm not the only munter who practiced on the wrong track. Turned out the PWF version was much easier to drive on...was spinning like mad on the default one. :crazy:
Don't make me destroy you.

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:26 pm

Prometheus wrote:Discovered that Vikings' spotter must've lost his voice for the key words 'car outside', and after slowing down for turn 3, got bumped. Oh well, it wasn't intentional, justa game.

3rd - watched Viking take out Mattly a couple of laps later doing exactly the same thing. Hmm, fire that spotter mate
Mistaken Identity I think, looking at replay it was Typhoon ya got together with. Dunno who got Mattly.

Had mixed luck in that race, avoided the 1st big wreak and was doing O.K till Ian slowed more than I thought for the second slow car and I got into the back of him even though I got on the brakes. Big appoligies for that Ian.
Wraith wrote:... Viking (thought it was clear mate)
NP, I picked the wrong way to go, nevermind. Its a bad spot to be stopped the wrong way.

That was my second biggie, hitting wraith - perfect tbone.

Later selfspun braking to avoid Odie, after we came up on crash on turn exit. That part of the race was fun as everybody in that group was racing close and clean.

Last biggie was when I was close racing Jay I think and we came up on a crash. Jay went low to avoid Havoc and only just tapped him. I went high and just got the rebounding Havoc and came off the worse for it. Then was slammed by two cars causing me to fly a couple of meters above the track, sideways, but not rotating - very odd sensation that. Landed and did a slowmo roll in the middle of the track (no need for fancy editing there Prom). Finally stopped in middle of track, parked at a right angle to the racing line - not good.

After all that I think I should be thankful to finish as high as I did. Good track to race at, good fun for the most part. Good showing for Voda, 2nd on night, slipping back in the team champs tho, gotta catch those DuDs. Congrats to the top 5, they showed why they're leading the champs again.

See ya all at Zen. p.s. Took my camera to the race and here are some of the shots I developed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:05 pm

It started very good 3rd equal in practice. Then my 4th pole in 6 races.
Led the 1st 13laps had a 4 second lead,was thinking this is a great start and the it CTD. I rejoined and was 3 laps down. Got up to 24th and it CTD again.

From what I saw of the race it was very clean good on ya all. The only thing is a lot of use needs to be more carefull when entering and exiting the pits. (This includes me)

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:47 pm

Viking wrote: Mistaken Identity I think, looking at replay it was Typhoon ya got together with. Dunno who got Mattly.
You're absolutely right of course ! _b

I blame the team skins :D

Sorry.
YouTube videos

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:53 pm

Prometheus wrote:You're absolutely right of course ! _b

I blame the team skins :D

Sorry.
No Problem.

Am sure you will have fun making the movie for this race.

Afraid I may feature more than my ego would like :D

Angus

Angus to Skelo

Post by Angus » Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:59 pm

Skelo, sorry for lap 9. Not here to upset anyone.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:19 pm

Quite enjoyed that onel. I noobered myself in the first pit stop as she did not want to stop when I wanted to stop. Over shot pit box and then over reversed. All my other stops where ok I suppose, but I constantly loose a lot of time in there.

Came off one of the turns near the end and the arse was sliding loose. There was Ian...... Started to lift and the back kept coming so Smacked into him and sent him spinning. Sorry, that would not have helped you at all :(

Other than that I was a ripper.... weird track.

See ya next week :)
Last edited by UnbounD on Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Ian

Post by Ian » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:37 pm

No wories UnbounD. Heep of fun any way.

Got a big tow late in the race. Hope a few top drivers (Odie) apreciated the curtious driving (payment for my previos bad driveing :rolleyes: ) near the end :)

Roll on Zen Joltis next week _b

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:54 pm

Dodgy Duvet cars all over the place >8p
:>

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:45 am

Sorry they are late, but both the main and rookie league replays are available from simracerhq now.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:21 pm

Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.