NZNL - Race 9 - Miami-Homestead

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
odonohuesp

NZNL - Race 9 - Miami-Homestead

Post by odonohuesp » Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:30 am

Homestead-Miami Speedway
NASCAR racing made its debut in the Miami area in 1995, drawing a sellout crowd of 60,000 to its first event. The track has a $100 million annual impact on the local economy and draws more than 300,000 racing enthusiasts annually to the area.

We have Homestead this week, this is a track about finess, and knowing how to get around the track without losing much time or speed. You are not going to be able to just put the pedal to the medal and go around this track.

With the season ending with 4 races left there are some battles still going on within the standings. First off, we have the battle for Season 4 Champion. There are 5 drivers within 98 points of current leader Ze Bazzil. Riven has been chopping at the leader for the past couple weeks and is currently 7 points back. Currently in 3rd is Odie, 71 points behind who has popped in and out of the top five after starting the season with a 22nd place finish. In 4th is Daniel Wood, who after missing a race due to other commitments finds himself only 92 points from the leader. Tied for 5th are Happy and rookie sensitive Viking, who both are 98 points from 1st place.

With Team DuDs having 2 drivers in the top 5, this has allowed them to be in 1st place in the team race and they look to extend their leader over Team Monsters only having 3 drivers to run this week. Team Voda is going to try to use this opportunity of the Monsters 3-man team to leap into 2nd place. The other battle that is happening in the team standings is with Team Google and Team Vengeance for 6th place.

The rookie battle between Skelo and Viking seems to be getting less interesting every week with Viking finishing better than Skelo and extending his lead. Can Skelo make up the difference? Will there be a bounty placed on Viking to bring the race closer.

The track is a speedway track, not Superspeedway, so their may be braking by other drivers or early lifting into the turns. With the track being 1.5 miles long, the lap times should be fast and the banking is at 20 degrees, so there should be very few self spins

Drivers not qualifying this week

Ze Bazzil
Riven
Odie
Wood
Happy
Viking (R)
Odie

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:17 pm

Yes, will be a challenge to maintain 2nd overall, Good Luck All :)
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:34 pm

:spanner:
Monster

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:38 pm

Dick Trickle wrote::spanner:
No idea what your getting at, but after last week, I hope you have a good race and don't tap me again ;p

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:48 pm

I've always wanted to post that emoticon.

;p
Monster

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:01 pm

Sulley wrote:
Dick Trickle wrote::spanner:
No idea what your getting at, but after last week, I hope you have a good race and don't tap me again ;p
NO spinning me again either
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:39 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:NO spinning me again either
:shy:
Monster

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:04 pm

You just watch where your banger goes flyboy. >8p
:>

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:24 pm

I hope you are not refering to the banger in his pants Happy! :dazed:
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:50 am

Some notes about pitting.....since it seems like most people will be practicing for the first time tonite.

Pit Speed is 45

Pit exit requires you to use an access road and come out on the back stretch. This should work out fine, except for the access road is a little slick if you want to drive fast.

Pit Entry will be tricky. You have the option to pit before turn 3 and use the access road or you can try and make the pits off of 3 and 4. Just remember if you try and use 3 and 4 to enter the pits, you will be held responsible for any carnage that may occur from you having to slow down on the racing line to make the pits.

We could have everyone enter the pits from turn 3, but we don't want this to be a dictatorship. :aarr:
Odie

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:10 pm

Last time we raced this track, I ended up making the video "Plays of hte Week" and chose the 10 Best crashes. :D

Prediction: it'll be carnage tonight with a lot of self spins and drifting. 1st and 2nd turns on early laps = tears. Oh well, it's just a game.
YouTube videos

wide load

Post by wide load » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:03 pm

What is a good lap time for this track?

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:29 pm

28's...really

Serious, I woudl say if you are around 30.3 you are ok, on worn tyres, I'm unsure.
Odie

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:36 pm

Anything under 30 and you are flying

I manged to get a 29.842

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:45 pm

... and add another 35 or so drivers on the track and . . . :eek:
YouTube videos

Skelo

Post by Skelo » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:49 pm

It's only a game...

Sorry to the SimTV unit that I was infront of on the corner. Jay had parked up there about 5 seconds beforehand and tagged me so I took his position and passed in onto you guys.

Angus, no protest but lap # 9 you didnt hold your line and took me out, be aware if you're on the inside line, you have to hold it dude! :)

See you all next week.
Skelo
V Racing

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:03 am

Skelo wrote:It's only a game...

Sorry to the SimTV unit that I was infront of on the corner. Jay had parked up there about 5 seconds beforehand and tagged me so I took his position and passed in onto you guys.

Angus, no protest but lap # 9 you didnt hold your line and took me out, be aware if you're on the inside line, you have to hold it dude! :)

See you all next week.
Sorry for that mate, I just got turned around myself and was trying to time a safe way to the bottom and caught you on my way. Sorry.

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:07 am

Well that turned to custard,by being to much of a gentleman lol
Started grid 19,by lap 7 I was running 7th then decided to go high and let the drafting bunch behind me through as they are much higher up in points than me only problem is they kept coming and I had to stay high back pedalling to
19th.Later in the race I seemed to have a problem with tryes not close to the pit stop but midway between pitstops for a few laps (must of been blimmin Michelins)anyways from 7th to 27th so rather disappointed with that.
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Sulley

Re: re

Post by Sulley » Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:36 am

MadMarty13 wrote:Well that turned to custard,by being to much of a gentleman lol
Started grid 19,by lap 7 I was running 7th then decided to go high and let the drafting bunch behind me through as they are much higher up in points than me only problem is they kept coming and I had to stay high back pedalling to
19th.Later in the race I seemed to have a problem with tryes not close to the pit stop but midway between pitstops for a few laps (must of been blimmin Michelins)anyways from 7th to 27th so rather disappointed with that.
Welcome to the club Marty :D

"Nice guys finish last" O_o

There's more to it than that, but that's another story, not to be told here :eek:

Overall, much less carnage than expected, good race by all accounts then

Wood

Post by Wood » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:02 am

I don't think last night had quite the carnage of the last Homestead race, I guess Bite-me was on his best behaviour ;p

I was a bit ragged in the early part of the race, stuck my nose up a few places where it didn't belong, but luckily people gave me enough room. I took a bit of a gamble by pitting a bit early on the first stop so I wouldn't be held up in the pits even though I'd be at a big disadvantage at the end of each tire stint. It worked out nicely, as I came into the pits 6th and came out 1st. The 5 seconds that I gained there I pretty much held for the end of the race.
Last edited by Wood on Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:16 am

Had to work late last night and just missed getting home in time for the race, bummer as I was looking forward to homestead and felt it may have been one of my best chances for a win.

Not going to be a particularly good overall finish this season.
Monster

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:20 am

Rookie race...good, main race.....bad, enough said.

Aplogies to Riven (gave ya a big scare no doubt) and Viking (thought it was clear mate) and to anyone else who I may have touched paint with, and of course sorry for the first lap spin.

I'd rather forget that race.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:26 am

Sulley wrote:

There's more to it than that, but that's another story, not to be told here :eek:

Not really sure what ur on about here young Sulley, but as a previously timid driver myself I've learned to let my aggressive side loose (within reason) when racing. Otherwise we're all just driving round in circles right?

:)
Don't make me destroy you.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:41 am

Skuzzlebutt wrote:
Sulley wrote:

Not really sure what ur on about here young Sulley, but as a previously timid driver myself I've learned to let my aggressive side loose (within reason) when racing. Otherwise we're all just driving round in circles right?

:)
Yes well, cryptic is best ;)

Thank god for straights, otherwise I'd get dizzy :D

Aggresive or passive makes no difference to the results, personally speaking, no matter..bring on ZEN MEGA or whatever the behemoth is called :D

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:45 am

Sulley wrote:
Yes well, cryptic is best ;)

Thank god for straights, otherwise I'd get dizzy :D

Aggresive or passive makes no difference to the results, personally speaking, no matter..bring on ZEN MEGA or whatever the behemoth is called :D
Hehe. True. I think luck plays a major part for us 'middle of the pack' drivers. That and not letting Mikool pass you on the inside of course...

:cute:
Don't make me destroy you.