GTR SEASON 1 - RACE 4 - Brno

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Eagle32

GTR SEASON 1 - RACE 4 - Brno

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:13 pm

Brno
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

famin

Post by famin » Mon Jul 04, 2005 10:10 pm

is anyone else getting horrible frame rates at BRNO?

It seems way worse than previous tracks and in a race offline I get down to 20fps or less especially past the pits.

I dont have everything on high or full either (overall settings on medium) and my rig should handle it fine but for some reason this track really sucks in fps for me...

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Mon Jul 04, 2005 11:02 pm

yep same here. Got the 1fps bug online here too. My system is ok for about 15 laps then stupid frame rate drops from 100 to 50 - which should still be fine - and stuttering. very frustrating when on a fast lap - I managed a low 2.05 with this stuttering going on in cnrs, and I know it will be like this in the race...a real pity.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:12 am

Frame rates are pretty low on this one. Although Magny-cours was always worse for me.
- Death to Smoochy

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:47 am

i found frame rates to be fine for me last night and it's never been a problem for me on this track before :)

oh btw forgot i'm off the to rugby tonight...so do i get last place points...looks like i lose my third position in the championship :(

Go The Blues
Wah Wah Wah

YeeHarr

Post by YeeHarr » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:05 am

I've had no trouble with Brno.

However I have found with GTR I need to stop Firefox and amule running while I play. Online or offline or else I get the odd 1second pause when playing.

I'm thinking about adding an etra 512MB of memory but for now it's just cheaper to shutdown the web browser.

I don't suppose you 1fps people run ventrillio or something? I've never seen the 1fps but I never run ventrillio because the version we use is too unreliable for my old hercules soundcard.

Also I alway change special effects from full to high. This gets rid of real slow frame rates when dust is thrown up.

famin

Post by famin » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:52 am

thnx for input guys...

I might just re-install GTR today. everything else seems to be running fine.

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:53 am

Snake Rogers wrote:i found frame rates to be fine for me last night and it's never been a problem for me on this track before :)

oh btw forgot i'm off the to rugby tonight...so do i get last place points...looks like i lose my third position in the championship :(

Go The Blues
Sorry Snake you get no points

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:55 am

famin wrote:It seems way worse than previous tracks and in a race offline I get down to 20fps or less especially past the pits.
Remember you'll get a much higher frame rate with your PC not running all the AI.

The settings to look for in terms of performance are lighting and shadows. Although to be honest I prefer leaving shadows high/medium just because things looks silly without em.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:46 am

Anyone found a good Porsche setup for tonight?

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:12 pm

Liquid wrote:
Snake Rogers wrote:i found frame rates to be fine for me last night and it's never been a problem for me on this track before :)

Go The Blues
Sorry Snake you get no points
You suck hoebag ;p
Wah Wah Wah

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:40 pm

Bold wrote:Anyone found a good Porsche setup for tonight?
Sadly no. :( I'm a good 3s a lap slower in the Porsche here than in the F360. I just can't find a Porsche setup I'm comfortable driving. Not that my current f360 setup is great either :(. It's very easy to push too hard and toast the mediums in 10min :o
- Death to Smoochy

GOJACK

Post by GOJACK » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:47 pm

This is the one I have been using. With a bit of tweaking I managed 2.03 off line and 2.05 on line.

The video show a 2.02!!!

Hopeless for standing starts though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:29 pm

YeeHarr wrote:I've had no trouble with Brno.

However I have found with GTR I need to stop Firefox and amule running while I play. Online or offline or else I get the odd 1second pause when playing.

I'm thinking about adding an etra 512MB of memory but for now it's just cheaper to shutdown the web browser.
Your mad if your running anything else with this game running.
Reboot before playing online to keep your frame rates up.
Get rid of any processes your not needing, defrag and regclean... And ditch your firewall (Yup!). This game requires a well manicured system to keep the bugs out till it gets patched again...................................

YeeHarr wrote: I don't suppose you 1fps people run ventrillio or something? I've never seen the 1fps but I never run ventrillio because the version we use is too unreliable for my old hercules soundcard.
No Its not!
"Run Yasmine Run"

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:11 pm

GOJACK wrote:This is the one I have been using. With a bit of tweaking I managed 2.03 off line and 2.05 on line.

The video show a 2.02!!!

Hopeless for standing starts though.
Yeah I liked WR304's setup for the last track but it was horrible for the week before and I don't like the Brno one.

He doesn't race online at all so I doubt he's ever had to do a standing start. If you forget to change the gear ratio for 1st and maybe 2nd on some of his setups you can't get moving to save yourself. As evidenced by me crawling off the line a couple of races where I forgot to make the change.
- Death to Smoochy

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:01 pm

Second Race is OFF on account of Technical problems

There were some technical problems that were severe for a few people. Some of the rest of us were seeing some weird issues, several CTD's and cars on the track that had been gone for a good 5min.

Basically it was tits up and it's easier to just dump it than spend 30min trying to get people to do as asked. Trying to get it going again illustrated why people should be on Ventrilo. We needed everyone to get off the server so it could reset itself but some people were unable to see the text due to the server being tits up and they weren't getting the message. Everyone on Vent. was fine because they knew what we were saying.
Last edited by Eagle32 on Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YeeHarr

Post by YeeHarr » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:01 pm

Jeeze. I finally do a reasonable time and something bad happens to the server :-(

Oh well.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:20 pm

OH ,solly. I don't join ventrilo cause there are too many twats talking in the race.
If this is the reason why we need everyone on ventrilo, then we shouldn't be running a league of this game >8p-\-<

Someone like bazzil could have rung me o_O

I thought it was just me having ze problem.

I actually think you should dump that whole tracks results. First race was obviously not a true indication of racing skill since people had shite framerates and I think it was a spot more laggy than usual.

>8p

Cracking qualify lap for me though it was >8p
Last edited by Happy on Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:>

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:21 pm

Good to hear...I logged off the server and tried to get back on, but was having all sorts and trouble, then Ventrillo was acting weird. Just glad it wasn't me.
Odie

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:24 pm

we actually had a race two of sorts, just no lap times. Did not see any chat at all, and quit ventrillo to see if it would free up the stutters etc.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:25 pm

Happy wrote:Someone like bazzil could have rung me o_O
well get on ventrilo ya damp squid, and just mute the noisy twats or tell fly to shut it ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

juliant

Post by juliant » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:31 pm

So thats what happened - wondered why the field was half empty. Also first time I experienced the other car inside me on the grid - kinda funny seeing those faces in my rear view mirror.

Was having a great race with Gregory (only just discovered the tab button), but after probably 6 or 8 laps I got disconnected....shame.

Havent used voice over ip in BF2 let alone ventrillo - probably should since I just bought an Audigy2 zs...

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:35 pm

Just bind the "mute sound" fuction in ventrilo to a key happy. I use it in Nascar all the time.

Season points include a correction for race 2 of last week so they are now correct. Unbound was shown as winning but was actually 7th.
- Death to Smoochy

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:07 pm

nice dice Eagle..was stuttering real bad in cnrs so had to exercise caution, but was good while it lasted. Is there any way to see qualifying results - as I think I did my best lap inQL yet can't find a record of it.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:51 pm

You can see your best lap by running the Motec interpreter. You can run it from the game directory by going to a sub folder in the motec folder
:>