NZNL - Race 10 - Zen Joltis

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:29 pm

wide load wrote:Im still a rookie at close drafting Bazzil, did the best i could but saw we were still losing the cars in front of us.
no worries Wide load, that was pretty good drafting :)
2 cars going @ 222mph was not bad, the guys ahead of us had a 4 car draft and they only made 4 - 5 seconds on us over one stint.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:30 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:
UnbounD wrote:That was a Ferking Ripper :D
Whos a bad boy then ;p
I never said that ;p
"Run Yasmine Run"

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:32 pm

I popped ze post off >8p
:>

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:34 pm

"Protest cannot be used as a way of making up places or points in the league, the organisers reserve the right to refuse a protest if they suspect the protest is being used in such a fashion. In such a case the penalty points shall be removed from the protestors total. "

Insighting Protests to others should be considered a contravention of the above rule also..IMHO
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:17 am

Well if that ain't salt in the fecking wound. I qual in 8th but the game starts me down in 32nd or some shit but the highest climber chart still puts me as dropping 10 places after finishing 18th!

I hate this game. Dunno why I effing bother.
Don't make me destroy you.

wide load

Post by wide load » Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:03 am

All in all, i would have to say that the track was a lot more fun and enjoyable than I thought it would be. That track has my vote for next season. _b

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:21 am

8th :D

(thanks biteme)
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:11 am

Interesting race.

Is the protest against me from Flyboy ? Dunno what happened, heard a car outside and then saw you flying off in the mirror and a loud "fark!" over Vent. I just had so much momentum on those corners.

Dunno if it was the new wheel or what, but my car seemed to have rockets attatched to it last night. Without a detent in the wheel now, it's so much easier to keep a straight line. Add a small amount of FFB, and the cars seem so much easier to drive - wish I had brought a new wheel last year !

Qual 3rd, hung back on the start to stay behind the leader Skelo, was involved in the great "Pit Lane Carnage of 2005" and lost 10 places after that pitting. Seemed to spend a lot of time lifting heaps following Murphy and WideAl trains, yet not with Eagle. Weird.

Nice dance with Mr Trickle on the last few laps, and Mr Eagle on turn 3 on the last lap.

Also big ups to the rookies who moved out of the way of faster cars and held their line.

Maybe this track would be ok for another Trans Tasman ? Very wide, which would help them with lag issues.
YouTube videos

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:37 am

Disapointing race, especially after being out of town last week I was looking forward to a good one as I like the track and like drafting closely (bit boring if you're by yourself :) )

Made a basic mistake while leading the race on the second stop and spun on pit entry just in front of Bold (congrats by the way) and then recieved a 30 second hold in pitlane, put me back to 16th, missed a draft that could have dragged me up a few places, but dropped back to draft with Happy, made a slow last stop, Happy dropped back for me, then in the last corner Biteme had apparently caused a bit of carnage which split Happy and I and I came in 14th

Two to go, down to 10th in points, watch out next week :D D:

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:00 pm

I knew this track would not be to my liking, and I was proven right. Got caught up in the first lap bedlum, had NR2003 minimise when my keyboard fell off my desk, causing a (thankfully) solo spin, and choosing a 5-stop strategy that didn't work.

Bring on California, my last shot at some decent points.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:03 pm

There was one rookie who made it diffiicult for drivers who were running for position on the final 2 laps; Angus (a lap or 2 down). He held his line, but I was forced to pass him out the outside, since there was a train of 4 cars all battling for position and trying to pass me and Bite for position also. I was pulling Bite me with me on the high side, he told me his spotter said clear , so we moved down to put Angus between us and the other 4 cars fighting for postion and then boom, carnage happens collecting 5 cars, Mikool makes it through and fights me for position, but we ran clean and I made a dodgy move to protect my position on the final lap :)

Early on in the race I was in the draft with my DuDs and I can't remember if it was Happy or Bazz in front of me, but I had to lift off the gas, because Bazz or Happy lifted, then I was punted by Bazz or Happy. Whoever was behind me had no time to react, since the draft would really suck up to the car in front of you rather quickly. Racing Incident and I think Bazz and I got the worse of it; or was it Happy and I. I need to go look at the replay :crazy:
Odie

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:54 pm

Did ya heart skip a beat Big Al :eek:

We only just touched, glad I didnt take ya out because of my self spin. _b
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:07 pm

Viking wrote:Did ya heart skip a beat Big Al :eek:

We only just touched, glad I didnt take ya out because of my self spin. _b
yes i remember it well, at first i thought you were going to take Snake out but when that didnt happen i thought i was a gonna for sure , as your screen shot shows i could see nothing but your car sideways in front of me for a sec or 2...... it was the only bit of luck i had all race......make that all season :D

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:25 pm

What a dud track. Was behind a really fast train of Happy and others and jbr on the outside trying to get back in..funny in a dicey kind of way. And then something happened in the lead cars and carnage. I always seem to come off worst in these events - blown tyres and a long, lonely lap down for a good part of the race - and a blown engine for the trouble. Ahhh the joys of ovals.

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Thu Jul 07, 2005 4:53 pm

Murphy's Law wrote:

Good pass on the last lap Snake _b , you out smarted me there.

Bring on California a track i like.

time to go and whach state of State of Origin 3
:neo:
Thanks mate, i had to pull back and let you help Riven catch my team mates as i didn't want to be part of that draft.
I didn't think i would catch you up again tho, just a bit of luck really with the timing, i think i also impressed riven with that move :>

And all you ppl who crashed in front of me in pit lane....you all suck eggs ;p
Wah Wah Wah

mikool

Post by mikool » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:15 pm

Snake Rogers wrote: And all you ppl who crashed in front of me in pit lane....you all suck eggs ;p
i said sorry (and "shit" about 50 times)... get over it ;p
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:34 pm

Snake Rogers wrote: And all you ppl who crashed in front of me in pit lane....you all suck eggs ;p
I lost about 30sec stuck behind the muppets who caused the chaos in pitlane.

:rolleyes:
Monster

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Jul 07, 2005 5:42 pm

I was actlually pretty happy with that first pit stop. Went in with everyone else in about 8th place, scraped my way through the carnage, and then came out with TonyG in 2nd, 10 seconds clear :D

I have no complaints about the race anyway, obviously went well for me. I just had one slight lapse of concentration and got it sideways at 220mph... Managed to recover and only lost 5 seconds though :)

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:18 pm

I just keep saying too myself before I evan fired the game up, "Top 5, Top 5"

2nd will do :)

Thanks too Bold.....We both had the option of leaving each other behind so it worked out well.

Very enjoyable race with some dam scarey moments. Still keep overshooting my pit box, not sure whats going on there, although the spring on my brake pedal is slowly crapping out so.......

Roll on Cali'
"Run Yasmine Run"

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Sat Jul 09, 2005 1:23 pm

I had another fine display of car handling on lap one . . .

Jay loses it, up ahead of me . . . he then spears across the track out of control . . . collects me and I end up on my side with all 4 wheels against the outside wall in mid turn . . . the centrifugal force actually keeps me running as if the wall was the road . . . until I reach the straight . . . then gravity drops me back onto my wheels on the black stuff . . . and then I carry on as if nothing had happened.

Such an odd feeling . . . what is even odder is that I didn't lose that much momentum. . . . must be due to our super-aerodynamically-designed-super-slick-friction-reduced paint we use in Vengeance Racing.

I was very happy to simply still be on the lead lap at the end (for a change) . . . then on the 2nd last lap there was a wreck ahead of me (the one Odie mentioned?) . . . I over-reacted . . . spun . . . blew a tyre . . . lost a few positions . . . then I thought I went down a lap . . . but it seems the leader past the finish line just BEHIND me, so I did manage to stay on the lead lap afterall. :D

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:45 pm

Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.