GTR SEASON 1 - RACE 6 SPA

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:53 pm

Happy wrote:Im not bothering with saving replays anymore o_O.

Maybe you should so you can review your passing tactics.

:eek:
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:01 pm

famin wrote:Im always in a quandry re when to exit so as to not miss saving the replay.
Last night I waited till everyone had a time and then exited completely.?
It is something of a grey area. It seems to be ok as long as you wait till everyone has finished. ie they have a time or +X Laps or DNF/DQ.

I usually give it another 30s to a min after that to be sure then go out for the replay.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:48 pm

Flyboy69 wrote:
Happy wrote:Im not bothering with saving replays anymore o_O.

Maybe you should so you can review your passing tactics.

:eek:
I know when I do a dud pass and I know when I do a good pass >8p, for example, I did a dud pass on bernard at the start of race 1, I'm sure he'll tell you I jammed it past.
:>

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:56 pm

Eagle32 wrote:According to the results file for Race One you got DQ'd very shortly into the race Odie? Is that correct or a glitch?
I never qual'd, so it is up to you guys if I get points or not, I never made it on the track for qual, but I was on the server. I was having pedal issues and I had to go back to when I first got GTR to figure out how to calibrate the TSW for GTR.

Race 1 should have read DNQ (Did not Qual/Race)
Odie

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:16 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Death to Smoochy

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:04 pm

Apparently there was an internal mis-communication in how we are handling drivers who can't make races due to birth/weddings/funerals/exams/insert any other reason you want here. No one gets any points if they miss a race.

I'm not going to bother re-posting all the points tables but I'm actually in 6th on 518 points rather than where ever the table above shows.

I'm also quite sure no one cares except maybe jack who gains a place :p and me who might actually get to pass my course rather than automatically failing.
- Death to Smoochy

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:20 pm

Yes some things have come up and I would like to clearify the GTR points (not to worried as this is meant to be the test season) But most people who race online are interested in tracking points.

So iam asking the GTR racers who race online whats the best way to do the points.

We all understand that everyone has lifes outside of gaming and hense cant turn out on every race night, for some reasons or the other, some reason more important to some people than others.

So whats your thoughts

A: Miss race for any reason 0 points
B: Miss race for any reason lowest equal points
C: Dont care

Cheers

UMM maybe i should have made a vote

GOJACK

Post by GOJACK » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:41 pm

As some one who will probably miss a race every now and then through travel I would vote for lowest equal points or similar.

Still my luck is holding for now, missed the first race at Spa, good result in the 2nd running, and a bonus place from Eagle in the table, can't complain about that.

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:23 pm

Was gonna join in at Spa, but I need a lot more practice top get back to where I was before, maybe Anderstorp, either way you know you can trust me to get outta the way when necessary and not cause major drama's. :D
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

famin

Post by famin » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:57 am

hmmmm... equal 2nd...

I blame the Porch starting capabilities... It starts like a slug at the moment and if I lower 1st gear the rest of the track is compromised usually, Currently it creeps off the line and Im swamped by ferraris!!

i was punted at eau rouge as a result in race 1 and dropped to 17th...

thats SEVENTEENTH! but I managed in 7 laps to claw back to 4th and was catching bazz (very slowly) at the end... so it was fun still.. and I managed clean passes mainly (apart from my team mate of course!!!!)

I would note that Inspector stood out as being a VERY hard car to pass. absolutely fair but a VERY wide yellow ferrari thing!

I dont think I can give the twins good competition with that starting method so a rethink is required

wanders off to ponder starts..... O_o

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:57 am

Buy a ferrari :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:28 am

I think people that can't race should get a little bit less than the points the person who got last in the race.

It's too hard to make up those lost points if you miss a race, so if you miss a race, you are basically out of the running.

Or we could drop the worst race >8p - or do both.
:>

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:32 am

Ive managed to get off the line much quicker than most of the other drivers in the Porsche several times.. Setting first gear as low as it goes helps alot, and on 90% of the tracks using 1st gear in the race seems to be a bad idea anyway. The real trick is getting the mix of wheel spin perfect. You need to keep the rev's up high enough to be in the power band, but too much and your not going anywhere.. The porsche has a huge amount of grip, so it stops spinning pretty quickly if you get it right.