NZNL Commitee

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
TonyG

NZNL Commitee

Post by TonyG » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:57 am

We should probably finalise who is going to be on this seasons commitee.
I'll put my hand up to help again :)

Couple of things may need to be different this season because of the numbers involved (apart from the actual race and team format), so they will have to be sorted out.

Do we run the rookie league again or do we make it 2 leagues, league A and B for want of another term.

Also we probably need 2 commitees, one with 5 or so members to run the "main or A" league and 2 or so to run the "rookie or B" league (this is assuming the leagues will be similar to last season,no protests etc in the B league)

There will also have to be a formula or whatever to decide who runs in which league :)

mikool

Post by mikool » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:45 am

would it be a good idea to have one member from each team that has 4 team members on the commitee?
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:13 am

Good idea Mik.

_b
Monster

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:27 am

I have no problem with helping out again.
Odie

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:13 pm

I'm willing to help out with the Division B side of the league.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:42 pm

mikool wrote:would it be a good idea to have one member from each team that has 4 team members on the commitee?

Whilst I understand and agree with the reasoning behind this suggestion it should be pointed out that the committee is NOT made up of representitives, it is made up of people willing to have input into the format and running of the league. We are not looking for people to say "Yes our team agrees or disagrees with that idea", We are looking for people to suggest ideas and impliment them and make them work. We are looking for people who are willing to give up more of their time to review protests, do a write up for the web site, spend time looking at issues which arise during racing and making changes to fix them (for example pit entry and exit).

There is much more to being on the committee than meets the eye and if you are going to volunteer then be aware of this.

I support the idea of 1 driver from every 4 man team being on the committee but you must be prepared to be much more than a team representitive otherwise it is a total waste and leads to inter team fighter over rule interpretation etc. If you help organise and face the day to day issues of running a league you will have a different view to take back to your team rather than a team view to take to the rest of the organisers.
Inspector

---

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:27 pm

what inspector said :)

And i'm in for the committee again too :D
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:30 pm

GarethRobinson wrote:I'm willing to help out with the Division B side of the league.
Division B as in the rookie league ?
good good.

Just to point out, this needs a seperate committee than the main league :), no problem being in both tho.
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:35 pm

*raises hand* happy to put some time in, rookie or main wherever theres the most need

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:52 pm

Looking like
main league

TonyG
Inspector
Bazzil
Odie
Jetboy

and
Earlier league

Gareth

I think Gareth will need some help

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:12 pm

Has it been confirmed their will be two leagues??, personally i dont think the numbers are their just yet unless the size is limited to just 20 drivers which in my opinion is too small especially for SS.
It is hard to ask for volunteers for league B without knowing if your going to be racing in it.
And what about those drivers who are currently in a team but do not make the cut for the A league, or will exceptions be made for those drivers?
As tonights "trial" race is a welcome all event it will be interesting to see how many turn up, this could maybe give an indication as to the need for two leagues.