Me engine went pop.

;p
Monster

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:03 am

Dick Trickle wrote:Me engine went pop.

;p
haha yers, only about 5 or 6 laps in and I was racing right beside you and then I saw all this smoke plume out of ya engine and I thought
.... ripped ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:39 am

Eagle32 wrote:I'm hanging my head in shame Tony. Will be for days :(

Other than that it was a good race.
Pissed me off at the time but I'll get over it...........in time..............couple of years I guess :D :D NP

Would have been a good race with yellows _b ;)

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:51 am

I think it would have been a closer race with yellows. With the engines popping I'm thinking there would have been maybe two or three yellows. It would have been a good race to run yellows with. I think the league needs to entertain this subject a little more and do a no points race damage and yellows on from time to time.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:18 pm

Jay wrote:I think it would have been a closer race with yellows. With the engines popping I'm thinking there would have been maybe two or three yellows. It would have been a good race to run yellows with. I think the league needs to entertain this subject a little more and do a no points race damage and yellows on from time to time.
We have been over and over and over this............. let it die.

We we going to do it, we would have done it last night. It does not work. Move on and get over it. You want to try it, organise a race on a monday night to try it out.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:27 pm

Heh, like someone said last night... If the league CEO had noticed the poll, we would have run with yellows, seen how much of a disaster it was, and then no one would speak of it again for atleast 6 months..

Anyway, I dont think it would have been too bad to have yellows last night, but there would have been more yellows than you think.. it takes very little for the game to throw a caution.

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:36 pm

Was in earlier by myself doing 38's then had a rest and fell ill went to sleep so missed a the fun
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:52 pm

Jay, one of the reasons it was a clean race was actually because there were no yellows. We have tried this time and time again and some of us have had enough. That is why we are taking such a tough line. What happens is you get one yellow, 3 incidents I saw would have brought the yellow out and what happens then is the cars bunch up and the next 5 to 10 laps are potential yellow territory because the cars are so bunched. Then you get another yellow and the cars bunch again, sometimes even hitting each other under the yellow because they get bored idling round and lose concentration, away you go again and because the cars are bunched the potential is there again for another yellow.
Inspector

---

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:01 pm

I get the point, I'll shut my trap and stick to racing and let the politics sort it all out. Is it Weds night yet?? Team Marine is ready to turn some laps!!!

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:06 pm

Jay wrote:I get the point, I'll shut my trap and stick to racing and let the politics sort it all out. Is it Weds night yet?? Team Marine is ready to turn some laps!!!
;p

Sorry, didnt mean it too sound so harsh !
"Run Yasmine Run"

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:53 pm

Cautions breed Cautions

We may have only had 3 or 4 crashes that would have brought out the yellow, but if we had had yellows on that 3 or 4 would have been 7 or 8 Cautions periods atlest and would have spent half the race under yellow.

:neo:

Jay

Post by Jay » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:34 pm

ronwest wrote:funny how with the development of all the new media in the world, someone still try's to bring out the same old broken record that the ole club buried years ago.
thou personally I think the minority is big enough now to challenge the former majority on the issue.
I think you are wrong on the minority part Ron, we have a couple of CEOs in this community. O.K. I'm shutting my trap now and no worries Unbound I'm thicked skin. It was just your opinion.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Thu Jul 28, 2005 6:39 pm

UnbounD wrote:
Jay wrote:I think it would have been a closer race with yellows. With the engines popping I'm thinking there would have been maybe two or three yellows. It would have been a good race to run yellows with. I think the league needs to entertain this subject a little more and do a no points race damage and yellows on from time to time.
We have been over and over and over this............. let it die.

We we going to do it, we would have done it last night. It does not work. Move on and get over it. You want to try it, organise a race on a monday night to try it out.
Its already been done; Hardcore league, but people already had too much on their plates between racing, stock car, Eve, BF2, no one wanted to race another night. The hardcore league was decent, but we needed bigger fields. Eagle and I were battling it out each week and Danman was even there and we had very few cautions.

But the bottom line is, I want to race and if that means no yellows and no damage, then so be it, let us just race. :D
Odie