NZNL Season 5 Teams

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Jetboy

NZNL Season 5 Teams

Post by Jetboy » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:25 pm

As Tony G put it so well in the post race report - Let the silly season begin

Who will return, which drivers will shed their colours and go to work for the opposition? Will we finally see the DuD's slip from the top of the podium?

Leaders or a member of a team once decided put up a post listing the members of the upcoming season and we'll add it to this post

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:02 am

There is still discussion on whether it will be 4 or 5 man teams I think.
I vote to leave it as is, but perhaps the commitee needs to meet to make a decision before teams are announced.

A 4 man monster team has been decided but I won't announce that yet until we sort out the details :D

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:39 am

The new monsters lineup should have team ho-sack shaking in their boots.

;p
Monster

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:31 am

Dick Trickle wrote:The new monsters lineup should have team ho-sack shaking in their boots.

;p
With laughter no doubt...
Don't make me destroy you.

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:10 am

Dick Trickle wrote:The new monsters lineup should have team ho-sack shaking in their boots.

;p
Dick Trickle wrote: With regards to making the teams more even I would be more in favour of splitting the drivers up into more even team combinations.

Maybe organising teams with 2 experienced drivers and 2 lesser experienced drivers, not only would the teams be more even but the less experienced drivers would get some guidance from the experienced drivers on the team.

Team DuD IS made up of 2 top drivers and 2 average drivers who whilst not fast, and in fact always qualify in the bottom 3rd of the drivers it is a combination of consistancy and perserverance along with the skills and attitude of our top 2 drivers which make us a good team. We didn't feel it necassary at the end of last season, nor the season before to go hunting top drivers to replace the one we lost (Riven), instead we took on a rookie (Typhoon) who drove with great reliability and learned and improved every week to help take us to a series win. When he left we asked Skuzz to join us, and by his own admission only an average driver, but he stuck to his guns where he could, having a bit of really shit luck in some races but performing out of his skin in others and at the end of the day the DuDs won not on skill, but on consistancy because we all know that the Monsters would have won if they had been able to make every race like the DuDs did.

Now that you have lost your average driver instead of backing up the words that a number of your team has spoken about, making the teams even, taking on and helping new drivers, you stack you team with the best drivers you can get hold of?

I am against splitting up teams and I have offered a solution for resolving so called team inbalances, but based upon what you have indicated here, seeding the drivers and creating teams as evenly as possible is the only answer.

I think the battle between the teams was the closest ever this season and but for a bit of bad luck for all of the teams in some of the races the results could have gone any way at all. I am sure the battle will be even closer this season, especially looking at the improvements made by some of the newer drivers. Vengeance racing can be proud of their achievments this year and the 4 way battle of the top teams will definitely be 5 this year and with a reshuffle amongst Team Marine and Google maybe another top team will emerge?

I am left to wonder why Team Monsters have not anounced your new driver, are you embarrassed to say because you know the response your going to get?
Inspector

---

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:27 am

What a commotion :)

Nothing to hide here :) as I said earlier no point announcing teams until it has been decided whether it will be 4 or 5 man teams

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:38 am

Actually Monsters may turn out to be quite a reshuffled team next season due in large part to the fact that at least 2 drivers may be parting company and one driver may be returning (once a monster always a monster :p)

In any case I don't think anything is finalised as of yet and my comment is really just pre-season silly talk designed to get under the skin of the Dud's in particular.

;)
Monster

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:24 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:Actually Monsters may turn out to be quite a reshuffled team next season due in large part to the fact that at least 2 drivers may be parting company and one driver may be returning (once a monster always a monster :p)

In any case I don't think anything is finalised as of yet and my comment is really just pre-season silly talk designed to get under the skin of the Dud's in particular.

;)
You go girl ;p
Wah Wah Wah

wide load

Post by wide load » Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:34 pm

;p[/quote]

Vengeance racing can be proud of their achievments this year and the 4 way battle of the top teams will definitely be 5 this year and with a reshuffle amongst Team Marine and Google maybe another top team will emerge?

quote]

What do you mean maybe another, Team Google is already a top team. We were just abit unlucky last season and kept on getting caught up in dings caused by the other 36 cars on the track.

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:47 pm

Inspector wrote:
I am left to wonder why Team Monsters have not anounced your new driver, are you embarrassed to say because you know the response your going to get?
You know Inspector I was wondering the same thing?? I say they announce their all-star lineup.

Jay

Post by Jay » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:54 pm

odonohuesp wrote:

On a seperate note.....Team Marine will be re-organized and led from Jay Jordan. I have stepped away from the team.

Well I'm going to try and keep Team Marine going, but it doesn't look very promising. Do I have any drivers interested in driving for Team Marine??? If not then I'll be looking for a team.

Skelo

Post by Skelo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:54 pm

Certainly going to be a team mix up I think.

With last season complete we are looking to get ready for the next but we have had a couple of driver changes.

Draco who raced 5/12 of last seasons races has stepped from our main team and Mr Rob Carey has temporarily dropped out unless he can get his connection fixed.

That leaves us with Myself and Wraith.
Will it be 4 man or 5 man teams?
Will it be the same, an average of team members or the top 4 drivers?

So many things to consider, each of which effects our team as we don't wish to abandon our Vengeance Gaming sponsored team. (Soon to be Twisted Gaming Systems).
Depending on the outcome of these decisions we may be running only 2 drivers or going solo...... who knows :rolleyes:
Skelo
V Racing

Wood

Post by Wood » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:14 pm

Heh, I don't remember anyone complaining about the DuD's Bazz Happy Riven Inspector line up a few seasons back, whats the big deal now?

My take on the teams situation is that its like when you played sport at lunchtime in primary school, you'd line up against the wall and the 'Captains' would pick there teams. If little Jimmy is the last one on the wall then, well thats tough luck for Jimmy, he can either go have a cry ,or go out there do his best, learn, become better, so next time he won't be standing alone on the wall...

What ever happend to rising to a challenge? The whole fair for all mentality is the reason we have NCEA.
Brake on the straight before it's too late.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:31 pm

Wood wrote:My take on the teams situation is that its like when you played sport at lunchtime in primary school, you'd line up against the wall and the 'Captains' would pick there teams. If little Jimmy is the last one on the wall then, well thats tough luck for Jimmy, he can either go have a cry ,or go out there do his best, learn, become better, so next time he won't be standing alone on the wall..
_b
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Big Al

Post by Big Al » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:46 pm

This is all getting too confusing,as far as i am concerned it should be 3 easy steps.

Step one. Elect a commitee
Step two. Committee decides rules, tracks, teams etc, etc
Step three. lets race!!!!

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Tue Jul 26, 2005 5:46 pm

Big Al wrote:This is all getting too confusing,as far as i am concerned it should be 3 easy steps.

Step one. Elect a commitee
Step two. Committee decides rules, tracks, teams etc, etc
Step three. lets race!!!!
Here....here
Odie

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:00 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:Actually Monsters may turn out to be quite a reshuffled team next season due in large part to the fact that at least 2 drivers may be parting company and one driver may be returning (once a monster always a monster :p)

;)
I'm sure it does need re shuffling after last season, what with you all 'beside yourselves' after being ripped ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:12 pm

I'd like to see 5 man teams >8p~
:>

mikool

Post by mikool » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:49 pm

Team Google (will be staying Team Google) are down to a 3 man team. Ron has left.

So its Wide Load, Big Al and Myself. I have asked a person to join our team and waiting his response (I did ask Happy but he to much of a DuD lover to quit team DuD)

If the person I have asked does not join team google we will be looking for a new team mate...
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

mikool

Post by mikool » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:06 pm

ronwest wrote: Am i allowed to reapply being you dropped me, for a dud
hmmm...errrrr.. like bloody hell... you raced 5 out of 12 races... why would we want you has a team member... ;p

You let the team down :( if you raced we would have stayed ahead of team Vengeance.....
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Snake Rogers
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Snake Rogers » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:36 pm

mikool wrote:
ronwest wrote: Am i allowed to reapply being you dropped me, for a dud
hmmm...errrrr.. like bloody hell... you raced 5 out of 12 races... why would we want you has a team member... ;p

You let the team down :( if you raced we would have stayed ahead of team Vengeance.....
:larf: :larf: :crazy:
Wah Wah Wah

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:27 pm

Team Vic Racing has decided not to enter any cars this season, so I am availiable to race for a team. If any teams are interested, PM me.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband