8:45pm - 15min Qualifying
9:00pm - Race (35 laps, est. 30min)

Race 1B - Fern Bay Green, Formula XR, 20 Laps
After Race 1 - Practice till 9:45
9:45pm - 15min Qualifying
10:00pm - Race (20 Laps, est. 30 min)

PASSWORD - liveforspeed

Any queries? Email Race Control - racing@garethrobinson.net.nz
Last edited by GarethRobinson on Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E6850 Core2Duo 3Ghz/4Gb DDR2-800/8800GTS/G25
Waiting for fixed-line broadband

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:25 pm

Im going to jump on the inspire server for a bit of practice now, if anyones bored :)

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:35 pm

Well.. This weeks tracks definately require much more practice than last weeks. If you make a single mistake at South City, you'll bend the car and need to pit for repairs.. Could be quite a long race I think..

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:52 am

Well best I have at South City Classic is a 54.xx in the RB4, and still not quite cracking 04's (1:05.00 >_<) round FE green in the FOX

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:06 am

I was managing 54.4ish at SC in the FXO, can fairly consistantly manage between that and 55.5. But find it quite difficult to manage more than 5 laps with out some serious damage.

I'm pulling closer to 1.09 or so and not that consistent at FE Green. I think the setup im using needs a bit more tweaking to last a few more laps. Once those rear tyres are toasted it gets real difficult.

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:17 pm

Here ya go people :)

This is my setup I got 1:05.00 with at Fe Green in the FOX.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

famin

Post by famin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:50 pm

maybe that'll help my frustration level...

is that self preservation Riven?... ;)

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:13 pm

famin wrote:maybe that'll help my frustration level...

is that self preservation Riven?... ;)
My self presevation is the scripted "kick/ban famin when in sight" button, which also adds and ipsec ban of your ip address on the server :D

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:14 pm

Oh on another note, I was gonna post my RB4 SO Classic setup, but there are simply truck loads of those about on the net, and both were in S1 aswell.

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:26 pm

The Password for tonight is liveforspeed

Danman

Post by Danman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:31 pm

I must say I was dissapointed with the second "race". I assumed we would re-start after Famin failed to take the start, so I tootled around for a bit waiting...
I mean it's not like it is a serious league

Oh well

Re-run?

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:35 pm

WEEK TWO RESULTS

Race 2A - South City Classic, Turbo Class, 30 Laps

1st - Bold (FXO) - 27:46.360
2nd - Gareth Robinson (FXO) - +0:55.070
3rd - Danman (FXO) - +1 lap
4th - Riven (RB4) - +2 laps
5th - Famin (FXO) - +18 laps

Race 2B - Fern Bay Green, Formula XR, 20 Laps
1st - Riven - 23:03.870
2nd - Bold - +1 lap
3rd - Famin - +10 laps
4th - Danman - +16 laps
5th - Gareth Robinson - +20 laps

Points After Round Two (R2 Qual Points to come)

Bold - 129
Riven - 115
GarethRobinson - 113
Danman - 100
Famin - 86
Gojack - 53

GarethRobinson

Post by GarethRobinson » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:37 pm

Danman wrote:I must say I was dissapointed with the second "race". I assumed we would re-start after Famin failed to take the start, so I tootled around for a bit waiting...

Oh well

Re-run?
Never noticed that Famin had discoed until well in. I don't think Famin would want to rerace it, given he got 3rd!

Danman

Post by Danman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:45 pm

GarethRobinson wrote:
Danman wrote:I must say I was dissapointed with the second "race". I assumed we would re-start after Famin failed to take the start, so I tootled around for a bit waiting...

Oh well

Re-run?
Never noticed that Famin had discoed until well in. I don't think Famin would want to rerace it, given he got 3rd!
Yeah I'm just pissed off at myself for assuming a restart and throwing the race away, especially after quallifying 2nd :ffs:

famin

Post by famin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:11 am

I accidentally dropped back out just before the race and had to scramble to find the password.

sorry, didnt realise you were tootling danman, I didnt want to hold up everyone and I was last anyway so I typed 'n' for no when it was asked if we restart.

It IS just for fun for me as Im only just getting to grips with it.

But those FOX cars got better and better eh? Probably very like the F Toyota cars sandy is striving towards? Maybe it'd be better for her team to create the tracks in L4S rather than the car for GPL?
(is that possible?)

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:01 am

Well, the first race was great last night. I had fun battling with Riven at the front, watching his car slowly get more and more bent each time he scraped the wall :) I'm still quite suprised I managed to go the full distance without any real damage. In my practicing I never managed more than 5 laps without major damage...

I cant really get the hang of the FOX so wasnt really enjoying the second race.. Finally started to get some consistency in the race but was only pulling 1.10s compared to Riven's 1.05s. We probably should have restarted the second race for Famin.. You lot should jump on Ventrilo, it makes it a whole lot easier to make these decisions and let everyone know whats happening.

Danman

Post by Danman » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:28 pm

Yeah the first race was a blast, had to try quite hard to keep it off the walls :D At one stage I saw Riven dive into the pits in front of me and flip over the end wall!

The FOX's are fun! Ii was taking me a while to work out where I could keep it flat through the turns. The last bit off the bridge through the left-right-left is an absolute blast :D

I must admit I lost it a bit when I realised we weren't restarting, I probably should have gone off and had a beer. I hope I didn't get in anyones way.

Um... how do you know which is your pit box? Actually I haven't really tried out pitting much, better get that sorted for next week I reckon. What's everyone's pick for car? At south city I found the RB4 very easy to handle, but I could go 2 seconds a lap quicker in the front wheel drive car (forget the name)
I guess I should actually do some laps at next weeks track ;p Any ideas on number of pit stops required?

Yeah Famin I like the FOX's more the more I drive them, unfortunatly I don't think LFS is editable at this stage for new tracks etc. The Physics that Sandy has done for the GPL toyota does feel fun to drive - very solid and reasonable grip. With my current layout for Puke in GPL I have managed a 58' but I am not sure if the cars have full downforce effects modeled yet.

I'm probably nearly ready to let people test GTR Puke - I'm trying to sort out a few AI niggles like why don't they keep up with the pace car, and I need to add some more trackside details/objects. I think I've got the "Live Track" technology/marbles working-I just haven't had time to test it properly. I do at least have marshalls waving yellow flags every time I spin :D

Unfortunately My computer decided to die this morning - it simply won't boot. It seems ok in safe mode, but he blue screen flicks over before I can read it. I'll try to see the log to see where it is crapping out. I am wondering if it is a virus, or a hardware fault.
My system is
MSI NEO2 Platinum mobo/ AMD 3500+
6600GT video card
200 GB SATA drive and 80 GB IDE drive.
XP PRO SP2

I wonder if it might be the power supply giving up, or a mobo or vid card problem. I'll probably try a windows re-install as I know a bit of shit has built up :)

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:00 pm

Pitting in LFS is reasonably simple. You dont actually have to stop anywhere in particular, just park it infront of one of the garages and the stop will commence. You can change pit stop optoins with f10 or f11 i think it is. Most important thing is to watch your speed.. As far as i know all the pit lanes are 80k, and go over it for a couple of milli seconds and it will ping you with a drive through. The open wheelers and GT cars all have pit limiters :)

Im guessing you all worked out last night that if you press Esc and Pit, when you return to the track your back to lap 0.. not a good option.

I haven't spent a lot of time in the GT cars doing long races, but I would hope 1 stop will be plenty, if you keep the car straight.

As far as your windows problems go, theres an option under, system properties, -> advanced -> startup and recovery which says auto reboot on system failure. Turn that off and you will atleast be able to read the blue screen :)

Im still looking forward to Puke :)

Danman

Post by Danman » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:23 pm

Thanks for that tip about windows rebooting, I'll try it again when I get home

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:08 pm

I only pulled one 1:05 last night, I had to back off and do 1:06's to save the right front tyre so I could finish the race without stopping :D

Had a very large spin coming onto the front straight, but didnt hit anything, and showhow it broke something in the rear suspension, so limped home the last 2 laps.. doing a 1:12.xxx with busted rear suspension :O

The biggest thing to learn in order to go fast int he FOX is to trust the downforce and front end grip in the corners. Not to mention the very first chicane there.. In qualifing, I hit that without lifting.. prolly is about 2s worth of time just there. In the race, I just lift off a little and stay in 6th gear through it.

I do love the FOX car though, its just so much fun to drive. The FO8 however is just plain mean.. I must try making a proper setup for it one day.

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:34 pm

famin - you've got the full version of LFS right? I'd be interested to try out the other cars sometime. The basic demo car and that evil rwd one in the demo just don't do much for me. :)

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:18 pm

Yeah, the demo isnt a very good representation any more i dont beleive. Also note that on the website they do say you can use an unlock code on a freinds pc to try out the full S2 in network multiplayer :) They give you more unlock codes each month, so you always have up to 2 available for reinstalls etc :)

famin

Post by famin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:52 pm

Agent X20 wrote:famin - you've got the full version of LFS right? I'd be interested to try out the other cars sometime. The basic demo car and that evil rwd one in the demo just don't do much for me. :)
correct, I have the full version. Feel free to drop round on the weekend or Friday evening even...

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:09 pm

famin wrote:
Agent X20 wrote:famin - you've got the full version of LFS right? I'd be interested to try out the other cars sometime. The basic demo car and that evil rwd one in the demo just don't do much for me. :)
correct, I have the full version. Feel free to drop round on the weekend or Friday evening even...
Roger that - will be in touch.