Wednesday Nascar Track Test

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:08 am

Jay wrote: Thanks Murph for letting me take you on the inside, even though I believe I had the run
You did have the run but I was going to pull up on the front straight any way
It was your call on the pit stop the got us the 1,2

The big _b for America I like the fact that all 3 turns are different

Not sure about Thunder Bay with that extra 10-15 cars on the track could make it carnage, but it could be fine.

good to get a 1st and 2nd

see ya next week

:neo:

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:44 am

American Speedway gets my vote as well, it is an interesting track due to the variety of corners but it will test the drivers and you need to be particularly vigilant with the fast turn that can easily get away from you.

Thunder Bay is a fun track with the high banking and speed but I can also see it being a bit of a carnage fest with 30-40 drivers.
Monster

Viking

Post by Viking » Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:21 pm

Gotta say I liked both tracks, mentally draining driving Thunder, as unfortunately Prom found out when I cocked up missing two turn in points in a row. Sorry bout that. Had a sore back, for the first time since CocaCola Enduro, after Thunder too. Pit entry turned out to be a non issue too.

TonyG wrote:
Eagle32 wrote:It was the second corner (the foot to the floor one) where it stepped out randomly and that was with tires up to temp about 3/4 of the way through a tank.
Oh, I didn't spot that one, I only had trouble at the start .
I spun once in practice, two or three times in the race on that spot. Got loose on it a couple of times as well. Seems to be in the middle groove in that corner (the groove I seem to want to keep running in that corner even though I know the spot's there :crazy: ) Apart from that American Raceway's fun to drive.

I have no probs running them in the League.