Wednesday Nascar Track Test

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Wednesday Nascar Track Test

Post by Inspector » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:30 pm

"IS IT WEDNESDAY YET?"

No? Oh well it's getting close though :)

This Wednesday we have decided to do a test run on the 2 new tracks that have been suggested for the new league. We will have links for you to download shortly.

Basically we will run a 20% race on both the tracks with all other settings the same. (no damage this week). Start time will be 9.00pm? based upon Mr Wood not racing, Odie & Jay let me know if this is a problem please. So qualify at 9.00pm, 20% race, then a 10 to 15 minute practice on the second track, qualify and 20% race. This should get us finished around the normal time.

All welcome, the more the merrier and the more drivers we get the more realistic chance of putting the tracks to a real test so please come if you can.

More to follow with track downloads etc.
Last edited by Inspector on Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspector

---

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:09 pm

Good idea _b

I was going to take Wednesday off this week but I'll try and make it for a good cause.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:00 pm

Many thanks To Ron Westland

Two new tracks - American Raceway and Thunder Bay NR available for download at http://www.simracerhq.co.nz/

CaliforniaBR will most likely be used this season too

Viking

Post by Viking » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:24 pm

Just tried those tracks, should be fun on wednesday.

Man that slope as ya come out of the pits at Thunder bay is HUGE. 250 in a draft no probs me thinks. And theres grass between the wall and track in some places so lookout for dust :D

No probs finding pits at American Raceway ;)

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Aug 03, 2005 8:59 am

"IT'S WEDNESDAY"

Remember to download the two tracks for tonights test run,
American Raceway and Thunder Bay from SimRacerHQ.

Also note that the tracks will be up and running for practice today and qualify for the first race will be at 9.00pm tonight which will be a 20% race and then we will have a quick (10 minute) practice on the second track and then straight into qual and another 20% race. I will ask Riven to set these two tracks running on the server with 30 minute practice sessions and a 5% race so they rotate quite quickly. This way if you get a chance when you get home from work or any time between then and 9.00pm you can jump on and familiarise yourself with the tracks before the test races.

We need as many people as possible to turn up and help test these tracks so we are sure we are picking the right tracks for our league. Race situations change drastically between having 5 or 10 cars out there and having 35 to 40 cars and if you all turn up we can give them a real stress test and be sure mayhem doesn't ensue in the week we run these tracks during the series.

See you all tonight........
Inspector

---

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Aug 03, 2005 9:51 am

Inspector wrote:and be sure mayhem doesn't ensue
:rofl:

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:47 pm

I think everyone is dead? I'll be there tonight, anyone else coming?
Inspector

---

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:01 pm

Still alive here :)
Just a quick note: I added setups to these tracks called NZNL_fast, should be pretty good but we will see after a bit of drafting :) The gearing on the default fast is well out.

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:05 pm

Team Monsters should be out in force.

;p
Monster

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:26 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:Team Monsters should be out in force.

;p

Yes, I'm sure the "Team Monster Babes".......or should that read "Monster" Team Babes? would be able to assert considerable force as well. ;p :larf:
Inspector

---

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Aug 03, 2005 3:40 pm

I'll be there and if things go well, maybe I will be in the new car too.

hint hint Tony

BTW Snake has taken ownership of the so-called "Babes" SimTV wanted something to take away from their rough season last year.
Odie

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:14 pm

odonohuesp wrote:I'll be there and if things go well, maybe I will be in the new car too.

hint hint Tony

BTW Snake has taken ownership of the so-called "Babes" SimTV wanted something to take away from their rough season last year.
Not finished yet, just waiting on confirmation of sponsers etc, just so i don't have to do anything twice :)

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:19 pm

Server is setup.

I have renamed the NZNL setups to just "fast" so it doesnt nuke the servers configs, so even though you see fast.cup.sim ro what ever, it IS the NZNL_fast versions that TonyG has made.

also left practise at 90mins, cos i couldnt be faged changing it ;p

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:57 pm

TonyG wrote:
odonohuesp wrote:I'll be there and if things go well, maybe I will be in the new car too.

hint hint Tony

Not finished yet, just waiting on confirmation of sponsers etc, just so i don't have to do anything twice :)
Just another issue for the committee to resolve
Odie

MadMarty13

re

Post by MadMarty13 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:31 pm

I will be there (looking worried glancing sideways to see where the horrid abominational Monsters cheer um girls? are)
NASCAR2003SEASON-VRCONCEPTS LEAGUE #13
INSPIRE NET LEAGUE Monsters inc #113
STOCKCAR HEAT #13 & HawkesBay Hawkeyes Team captain #13
R-Factor-GTR-GTL-GPL

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:40 pm

Quick test after work.....

Thunder gets the big _b from me. Awesome track. I'll be voting this track for the enduro. Outstanding find Tony.

American Raceway..... not too bad, maybe the setup needs tweaking a little. It is certainly only a speedway and that one tight corner will see some action I'm sure. We will need to review our speedway/superspeedway ratio and go from there.

Should be good fun tonight, I'm looking forward to it. Off to get the kids and I some tea and we'll see you on the track a little later on.
Inspector

---

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:49 pm

I'm not so sure about that Inspector :)

Pit entry is tricky, pit exit is long, make sure you pay attention to the cone, exit on back stretch. I think this will be a hard track to pass on, tonite will tell. Team drafting may be a little difficult for this one too.
Odie

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:43 pm

My 2c :)

Thunder Bay is a track that needs practicing on but after 20 or so laps it starts to come together, but it will bite ya if you relax :)
I enjoyed the race, sorry to Danman, we touched in a corner :(

American raceway is good too.

I think we went to the default setup for the race, the reason I put the other setup in was because I felt it was too loose for a league setup, the NZNL chewed the tyres up a bit more but was more neutral :)

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:50 pm

The step out in the 2nd turn of the American track was as dodge as the step out in the first turn of riki. Didn't notice it in practise however so the other setup may have been better. Or it may be just as dodge.

Grounding lots in the corners of the fast track. Good fun track but I didn't think much of it as a racing track.

No real issue racing either however. Bit of practise and I think they'll both be fine.
- Death to Smoochy

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:53 pm

Eagle32 wrote:The step out in the 2nd turn of the American track was as dodge as the step out in the first turn of riki. Didn't notice it in practise however so the other setup may have been better. Or it may be just as dodge.
I think it was the setup, loose on cold tyres but is OK when hot, need to tighten it to avoid first corner prangs :)

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:55 pm

I give both tracks a _b :D

I agree with Tony about Thunder Bay taking a few laps to get use to. But after that the track is good. You really have to stay focused or you will touch the wall before you know it.

(Thanks Murph for letting me take you on the inside, even though I believe I had the run)

The other track is a nice track to. But like Inspector said a couple of those turns are going to be hard for some drivers. It should be a good track to move the driver skills up.

Tonight was some fun racing and a good test. Except for the Team Google games as usually.....Mikool I'm just kidding don't get defensive.

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Wed Aug 03, 2005 10:57 pm

It was the second corner (the foot to the floor one) where it stepped out randomly and that was with tires up to temp about 3/4 of the way through a tank.
- Death to Smoochy

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Wed Aug 03, 2005 11:28 pm

Eagle32 wrote:It was the second corner (the foot to the floor one) where it stepped out randomly and that was with tires up to temp about 3/4 of the way through a tank.
Oh, I didn't spot that one, I only had trouble at the start .

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:17 am

I didn't take that second corner flat during the race because I spun out there quite a few times in practice. :o

Both tricky tracks imo but I'm sure team monsters will be up to the challenge if they are part of the schedule.

;p
Monster

Danman

Post by Danman » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:41 am

TonyG wrote:My 2c :)

I enjoyed the race, sorry to Danman, we touched in a corner :(
No problem, I checked the replay and I moved over onto you instead of staying high. Fun track though.