Nascar TPTCC League - Race 1 & 2

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Nascar TPTCC League - Race 1 & 2

Post by Inspector » Sun Jan 23, 2005 11:06 pm

Last edited by Inspector on Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Inspector

---

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:24 am

I gotta try and actually qualify :(

limbo

Post by limbo » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:18 am

and a great time was had by all.
apologies to all those that need them,
especialy TonyG, mate i am sorry it was a really
stupid thing to do... i thought i had another one and a
half car lengths on you. but some good
driving on your part miniized any grief for you
and also to Doug, i went under you into turn1
i hope it was not me that forced you wide..
if it was, it was unintentional.

all in all i had a great time...
is it SUNDAY yet?

limbo

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:23 am

Apols to Bman for race one. I did not take into account the lack of tire heat generated on the first lap On lap 2 was at normal racing speed and looped it coming out onto the long straight. Bman smacked into me at a high rate of knots :( Had to wait till everyone had gone by before turning, as cars were visually dropping in and out in front of me. Still managed to frighten the life out of someone while doing it :( Car was not quite the same after that.

Had a "Racing Incident" with Eagle (ya big poo :) ) After passing him I accelerated with him mostly in my mirror. The car started to drift wide and clipped the front of him. Not saying sorry for that one (and neither is he!)

Race two..... Massive pile of smoke before the hair pin. I had to stop in it as there was a car at 90 degrees. Someone hit me from behind at full speed? Motor was poked after that.

Should have done the ironing.
"Run Yasmine Run"

famin

Post by famin » Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:22 am

good start to the season... Im aiming for 'best of the rest' behind wood and brown... and so far consistency works... Had to drive at least 10 laps of race 1 with no 3rd gear holding off Bazz. Did you notice?

and race 2 was gifted 4th when gregory had an unfortunate crash on the last corner of the last lap.

Thanks to Mr Wood the Incredibles seem to pick up some good points.

Now TonyG... what about some mid week prac? Only if you want to of course.

cap'n

Post by cap'n » Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:24 am

That was good fun, thanks all _b
Could someone explain Nascar's setup system with regards to fuel? In offline testing sessions I am setting my fuel to cover race distance (12 laps), and then when I get to the race my setup has changed to about 30laps of fuel. It also fills me back up to 30laps/fuel when I go out to qualify and race which seems ridiculous O_o

]-[ITMAN

Post by ]-[ITMAN » Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:36 am

Is it possible to get server replays for these races? 30 cars on the grid is an awesome sight... as was my plow understeer on the last corner 24 times last night as well... :)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:09 pm

Twas a good bit of racing indeed,

Was great trying to get close enough to famin to pass him for the entire first race, and yes I did notice that last 10 laps you weren't as fast through those 3rd gear corners :)

Second race was not so good ;(
I got hit from the rear on entry into the hairpin and then put on my side, went to click 'tow' and accidentaly clicked 'retire' D: D: D: ;( ;( ;(

But it was all fun and games and that's what matters.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:16 pm

.... but i'm sure the spectators got their monies worth :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bman

Post by bman » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:32 pm

Heh - I'll see that pik and raise with one of my own...

Carnage after my unlucky wee coming together with unbound. Shite happens though - keeps the racin' interesting =]

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:32 pm

Well done to the rest of The Incredibles, Monsters not far behind :)
My qualifying was abysmal, spun the first time, then lost 3rd in the second and things didn't get much better during the races :(

Probably a few nerves as it was my first race but definitely need the practice, braking is my main weakness.......onwards and upwards is what I always say

No problem limbo :)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Mon Jan 24, 2005 12:43 pm

lol Bman

must have been rip scrumpy night :D

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:19 pm

UnbounD wrote:Had a "Racing Incident" with Eagle (ya big poo :) ) After passing him I accelerated with him mostly in my mirror. The car started to drift wide and clipped the front of him. Not saying sorry for that one (and neither is he!)
hehehe. "mostly in my mirror" on yours translated to "side by side" on mine and you hit the front of me with the front of your car :p I can live with "Racing Incident" ;)

Good first race as far as I was concerned. _b I have the same problem I have in CTS, I glance at the mirror and then watch it for too long or I focus on the ass end of the car infront more than the road and then run myself off the road because I miss my braking point. At least on ovals you can get away with loosing concentration for slightly longer times. These TPTCC tracks aren't very forgiving :)
Last edited by Eagle32 on Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Wood

Post by Wood » Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:20 pm

]-[ITMAN wrote:... as was my plow understeer on the last corner 24 times last night as well... :)
bwahaha that corner has to be the worst ever designed >_< No matter what you try to do with the setup It understeers like a pig. Thank god we don't have to race there again for a while!!

famin

Post by famin » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:10 pm

hmmm, the GTP cars will be very cool when we get them going, pity I didnt have one last night! I just ran a couple of laps at Karjala with a Jag using the default Spa setup. 1:35's immediately!!

They have grip to spare.... lovely... of course the normal suspects would still be even quicker but you can certainly push these beasties...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Post by UnbounD » Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:38 pm

Thanks for the photo Bazz..... You can see me in there getting ripped as well. Wonder who that was that hit me from behind doing their days of thunder move........
"Run Yasmine Run"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:11 pm

My apologies to George in Race 2 for turning you around. I was caught off guard by how early you were braking...after looking at the replay you had to brake, so you didn't run over Sulley.

I had full intentions of giving you the spot back, but it seemed you could never make your way back up tp me. I hope my spin wasn't responsible for any damage.
Odie

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:57 pm

Thanks George for not running over me, good race two there Odie.. Apologies to teammate Bill if I pushed too hard into hairpin there near the end, was desperate to get back on terms with Odie and Inspector.

Great results all round..Incredibles 1st and Monsters 3rd...

"DOTCOMICS and Westie Boyz Racing have joined forces to in a direct effort to over shadow and completely out class the monsters inc/incredibles team" Ummm not so far...

Early days I know, got them Dud's where we wont em, bracketed...and everyone else behind...
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Mon Jan 24, 2005 7:45 pm

Sulley wrote:
"DOTCOMICS and Westie Boyz Racing have joined forces to in a direct effort to over shadow and completely out class the monsters inc/incredibles team" Ummm not so far...
Speaking out here...I'll eat my words later, but we were talking about Trucks. :D
Odie

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Tue Jan 25, 2005 8:27 am

Official Replay

Races 1 & 2 46.8 MB

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:47 am

odonohuesp wrote:
Sulley wrote:
Speaking out here...I'll eat my words later, but we were talking about Trucks. :D
Sure thing, check in again Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

RedValiant

Post by RedValiant » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:49 am

After looking at the replay, just have to say: Eagle, nothing personal in the two contacts in race two - must remove bluecar magnets; Guy in 3rd in GT40 on last lap - was waiting for you to make a move while trying-to-cling-to-road-for-dear-life-without-going-off-into-boondocks. Harder than it looks that thar car racin

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:24 pm

It's ok redvalient I'll forgive you this time ;p
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

famin

Post by famin » Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:35 pm

after 2 quick races points are looking very tight in 3rd/4th

1 Daniel Wood 60
2 Warwick Browne 56
3 Andrew McGreenAcres 46
= Brett Young 46
= Gregory 46
4 Wayne Glanville 45