Drivers Eligible for NZNL Leagues

Keen to join in? check out what's going on at KSR
TonyG

Drivers Eligible for NZNL Leagues

Post by TonyG » Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:48 pm

The following are the basic rules for eligibility to race in Season 5 of the NZNL league

There will be 2 Leagues, at this stage called A and B until a final decision is made on names.

The A league will start official practice on Wednesday 10 August at 8.30pm with Qual at 9.30pm, race distances and schedule to follow.

The B League will start official practice on Wednesday 10 August at 6.30pm with Qual at 7.30pm, race distance to come, schedule will be the same as the A league.

Drivers Eligible for the B league

All drivers who are not registered in the A league (unless invited to fill out numbers)

Drivers Eligible for the A League

In order of acceptance

1. Drivers who completed 6 or more races in the NZNL main league Season 4

2. Gregory and Daza from Season 4 Rookie League

3. The above drivers must register by Monday 10 August midnight in order to race.

4. Drivers who completed less than 6 races in season 4 or raced in previous seasons may apply to be included to nznascar_admin@simracerhq.co.nz
These drivers will be rated by the committee with the more "sensible" drivers given preference.
The number of "previous" drivers will be dependant upon the number of registrations on Monday night.

5. New drivers unknown to the committee can only race if they are sponsered by a senior team captain, (if there are any spots left)

6. The total number of drivers will be 40.

The new amendments to the rules will be out shortly but anyone who registers before seeing the rules understands that they must abide by the rules :)

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:56 pm

Sound like a reasonable system _b
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:07 pm

Please Note

All drivers must have the same registered name as their forum name.
This is to avoid confusion and so that the committee can identify everyone :)
Previous season names may be kept so that your season scores can be viewed on SimRacer HQ as long as the committee is aware of who you are. : e.g. Tony Greenheld - TonyG
Thanks

Hexx

Post by Hexx » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:44 pm

so when will the rookie league be? :(
Sometimes I lie in bed an' look into the stars wondering... yaaaarrr...

why be thar a big hole in me roof?!?!

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:45 pm

why Daza and Greg?
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
- Bruce McLaren

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:46 pm

Hexx wrote:so when will the rookie league be? :(
Sorry, the rookie league is now the "B" League

The reason for a name change is that there will probably be more than just rookies in this league :)

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:57 pm

Trooper wrote:why Daza and Greg?

Patrick your name was left out on the assumption that you would not be allowed to race in the late league, keeping in mind that the Enduro race finishes after midnight. Should your olds approve you staying up till 11.00pm approx every Wednesday night and after midnight for the Enduro then you are in fact entitled to join the "A" League based upon your 2nd place finish in the rookie series.

Get one of your olds to give me a ring or if the old tart is coming round to drink wine by the bucket load and watch soppy chick flicks with my wife then we can discuss it then. Your name was not mentioned because we were not sure about the time thing and I had told the committee I would check that out so apologies for that but yes, you drove well and have certainly earned the move up.
Inspector

---

Trooper

Post by Trooper » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:00 pm

thanks for clarifying that inspector, just wanted to know :)
"To do something well is so worthwhile that to die trying to do it better cannot be foolhardy. It would be a waste of life to do nothing with one's ability, for I feel that life is measured in achievement, not in years alone."
- Bruce McLaren

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:17 pm

Trooper just needed an ego boost, right _b

He wanted to ensure that he was good enough to run.
Odie

Wraith

Post by Wraith » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:36 pm

Not too mention Greg and Daza are in teams so have indicated there interest in the league, many others probably have not have indicated there intention to run in the main league to the admins (going off the list of drivers looking for team).

Wraith

Angus

Post by Angus » Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:42 pm

Abit slow today! Where do I register for the nascar league? "A or B" I'm sure I've done more than 6 races season 4
Thanks ANGUS

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:15 pm

Register at SimRacerHQ just like last season when Ron updates the site
A is NASCAR NZNL, B is NZNL Rookie until official name is sorted

If you don't know how many races you were in, look in the points section.

Hexx

Post by Hexx » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:26 pm

TonyG wrote:
Hexx wrote:so when will the rookie league be? :(
Sorry, the rookie league is now the "B" League

The reason for a name change is that there will probably be more than just rookies in this league :)
:eek: :eek:

Now im going to be even more owned than usual in the "B" Leauge
Sometimes I lie in bed an' look into the stars wondering... yaaaarrr...

why be thar a big hole in me roof?!?!

Murphy's Law

Post by Murphy's Law » Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:50 am

Very good way to do it

If everyone hows eligible register we will have only 1 spot for the committee to fill.

:neo:
Last edited by Murphy's Law on Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rob_c

Post by rob_c » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:30 pm

oh well . . . .

I won't be signing up for this series for 2 reasons :

1) My high ping to your server . . . I still can't work it out : I got 2 other optus customers who live near me to do the traceroute at the same time as me . . . there's finalized under 100ms, whereas mine was still up around the 300 mark (better than the 500's I was getting . . . but still crap) . . . and Optus have said that it ain't their fault as it's "outside their network" ;

2) I'm moving to Rockhampton in Qld for a month for a job . . . and won't have a gaming PC.

Assumig that the criteria for the series after this one is the same, then that will mean that I'd be in the B Division . . . which is fine . . . but due to the time difference, that will make it impossible for me to race with you guys.

Oh well . . . I've enjoyed my time with you all . . . thanks for letting me run . . . and it's great to see that your league is getting stronger and stronger.

ADIOS. :)

Dick Trickle

Post by Dick Trickle » Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:35 pm

Cya Rob, it is a pity you can no longer participate.

odonohuesp

Post by odonohuesp » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:19 pm

rob_c wrote:oh well . . . .

I won't be signing up for this series for 2 reasons :

1) My high ping to your server . . . I still can't work it out : I got 2 other optus customers who live near me to do the traceroute at the same time as me . . . there's finalized under 100ms, whereas mine was still up around the 300 mark (better than the 500's I was getting . . . but still crap) . . . and Optus have said that it ain't their fault as it's "outside their network" ;

2) I'm moving to Rockhampton in Qld for a month for a job . . . and won't have a gaming PC.

Assumig that the criteria for the series after this one is the same, then that will mean that I'd be in the B Division . . . which is fine . . . but due to the time difference, that will make it impossible for me to race with you guys.

Oh well . . . I've enjoyed my time with you all . . . thanks for letting me run . . . and it's great to see that your league is getting stronger and stronger.

ADIOS. :)
Rob...when Season 6 rolls around, just petition the committee to run in the Main league. We will also take into account the seasons that you have ran with us.
Odie

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:48 pm

Thanks to Ron :)

Registration is now open :)

Gregory

Post by Gregory » Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:37 pm

I still can't sign up

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:04 am

I've just asked Ron to enable you and Daza to sign up :)

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Aug 07, 2005 9:55 am

All sorted.

Angus

number change/skins

Post by Angus » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:18 am

Got your message Tony G. I've driving out of Ian's house. So do I change my number on his machine that connects to the server?
Also I think its time to have my own skin, is there anyone that can point me in the right direction?
Thanks Angus

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:58 am

All you need to do is log in and change your number, doesn't matter where you are :)

Here's 3 schemes I have spare, Clint Eastwood theme, Pirates Of The Carribean and a Klingon one. If you want i could put your number on one of them :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Angus

skins/number

Post by Angus » Sun Aug 07, 2005 1:30 pm

Thanks TonyG. Changed number to 426 and to a Dodge. Yes if I could have the Priates, that would be good with 426 placed on. One request, would it be possible to have the name ANGUS on the back just under the rear spoiler in red. If can't be done, never mined thats O.K.
Thanks again TonyG
Angus.

TonyG

Post by TonyG » Sun Aug 07, 2005 3:43 pm

Here ya go, pic for SimRacerHQ as well, Happy Racing :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.