Hello.

New here? Say Hi and introduce yourself.
WordOfMadness

Hello.

Post by WordOfMadness » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi KSR folks.

I'm a long time player of Forza Motorsport on the Xbox. I was the fastest driver in NZ and had some good runs with some of the best in the world. I was primarily focused on tuning and driving cars in hot-lap events, but also took part in several racing series, from a worldwide hot-hatch series, to the 2.4 hours of Le Mans. Over time I grew bored of series and the way it was headed, and didn't much fancy buying the XBone just for one or two games (other then FM and the occasional other titles, I mostly played on PC), so I converted over the PC sims and bought myself a G27. The wheel really is completely different from a game-pad, it's a lot harder to use at first than the controller, but I think once you've learnt how to use it, it will allows you to have much more control and capability.

I've been playing a bit of everything, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, GTR2, RaceRoom Experience, Shift 2 and even Euro Truck Simulator 2. Now I feel fairly confident with my ability to not crash off on every corner, I'm looking to get involved in some competitive racing. This was the only NZ based group/league I could find for track racing, are there any I have missed? Also, are there any Aussie leagues that you could recommend?

I know you guys race in rFactor, is there anywhere to buy it that's cheaper than getting it directly off their site? I know Amazon has it cheaper, but then you've got to pay for shipping. Are you likely to shift over to rFactor 2 any time soon? I understand the game's still a WIP and doesn't yet have the huge mod pool that rFactor does.

Bull

Re: Hello.

Post by Bull » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:24 pm

Quite a lot of places still around. Good thread is here - http://www.kiwisimracing.net.nz/forum/v ... 51&t=18374

From what I've heard/seen is that modders etc are slowly making the transition over to rF2, once there is a decent mod database with cars that communities wish to use people will start moving over to it.

rF1 is only around $60 I think.

WordOfMadness

Post by WordOfMadness » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:31 pm

It's about $35NZ off their site, was just wondering if there was anywhere cheaper, since I know Amazon stock it for $25NZ, but they don't have a digital version, and by the time I pay for shipping it isn't worth the bother.

Thanks for the link, I'll check them out.

BK

Post by BK » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:39 am

Welcome to KSR.

It sounds like a fair price for rFactor considering most of us paid $60.

We are getting our next league sorted for August so you have a few weeks to get the game if you want to join.

See you on the track at some stage.

BK

gilby

Post by gilby » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:52 am

WordOfMadness wrote:It's about $35NZ off their site, was just wondering if there was anywhere cheaper, since I know Amazon stock it for $25NZ, but they don't have a digital version, and by the time I pay for shipping it isn't worth the bother.

Thanks for the link, I'll check them out.
Hi WordOfMadness, I purchased mine end of last year from ebay. I paid around $30NZ inc shipping. It is well worth it!!!

WordOfMadness

Post by WordOfMadness » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:52 pm

I'll just grab it off their site, doesn't look like there's anywhere cheaper to get it.
Do you guys have casual race nights too, or is it just the league stuff?

BK

Post by BK » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:06 pm

We only race Tuesday nights.

Currently we are having fun runs (non league) on Tuesday nights while we get the next league underway.

WordOfMadness

Post by WordOfMadness » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Sounds good, hopefully I can get everything up and running for tomorrow then, if not I should be ready to roll for the week after.