New boy says hello

New here? Say Hi and introduce yourself.
Icarus_NZ

New boy says hello

Post by Icarus_NZ » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:05 pm

Hello all.
I'm pretty new to the world on virtual racing but have a background in actual.
Doubtless I'll have a ton of dopey questions - be kind. Everybody has to start somewhere _b
Process, process, process...

Bull

Re: New boy says hello

Post by Bull » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:41 pm

Welcome Icarus, quite a few of us are retired racers finding a cheaper - and less maintenance alternative :larf: We are a pretty helpful bunch so don't be afraid to ask when you need help.

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:27 am

If you've got an actual racing background you're already better than 90% of the peeps here :larf:

Feel free to start off with the Group C enduro series.....because they're a gentle car to start off with.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:42 pm

Obsc3ne wrote:If you've got an actual racing background you're already better than 90% of the peeps here :larf:
This ^ :larf:

Welcome to KSR.

Icarus_NZ

Post by Icarus_NZ » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:56 am

Thanks guys.
Truth be told I'm really enjoying the entry level cars and especially the 'analogue' cars where its you and tyre - no aids
I downloaded the F4 mod and it is a hoot. Massive commitment under brakes and otherwise pin the throttle and minimise the lock/steering scrub.
The F Renault 2.0 is likewise great fun.
I have to say the NZ tracks I've tried thus far are pretty dismal. I see there is a guy here has taken a crack at a better Ruapuna so I'm going to try that today
Process, process, process...

Bull

Post by Bull » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:09 am

Icarus_NZ wrote:Thanks guys.
Truth be told I'm really enjoying the entry level cars and especially the 'analogue' cars where its you and tyre - no aids
I downloaded the F4 mod and it is a hoot. Massive commitment under brakes and otherwise pin the throttle and minimise the lock/steering scrub.
The F Renault 2.0 is likewise great fun.
I have to say the NZ tracks I've tried thus far are pretty dismal. I see there is a guy here has taken a crack at a better Ruapuna so I'm going to try that today
As far as Im aware, theres only 3 NZ tracks in rFactor 2 at present - Pukekohe, Timaru Levels and Highlands. Pukekohe was a pretty average conversion from a guy in Australia, Timaru is also a conversion but is relatively accurate, and Highlands is much the same, accurate but not the most visually pleasing.

We are working on bringing more into rFactor 2 (especially when you consider rFactor 1 had more or less every NZ Track in it), but it is rather time consuming.

Erik

Post by Erik » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:30 pm

Welcome! :)

Don't forget, Tuesday we're running our last race in the Group C Endurance series (90 min) at Le Mans. Do hop on, it's great fun and a great way to get to know everyone.