Hello Newbie here

New here? Say Hi and introduce yourself.
Sharkiegtr

Hello Newbie here

Post by Sharkiegtr » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:39 pm

Hello, I hajust joined and am brand new to sim racing. I am currently building a rig. I bought logitech wheel and pedal g920. I am thinking I should have bought thrustmaster or fanatec.... Any Advice would be welcome. I am based in Invercargill.
Cheers

Erik

Re: Hello Newbie here

Post by Erik » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:22 pm

Hey there and welcome! I think that any wheel that steers and provides some degree of FFB would be good to start with - I'm still using a Logitech DFGT. You just missed our F1 1991 series but we'll be running some other series again sometime really soon. Keep watching the KSR Events section on this forum!

Bull

Post by Bull » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:02 pm

Logitech gear is a very affordable and great starting point - they are generally a bit more reliable than the Thrustmaster and Fanatec offerings, however do require a little more fine-tuning game to game to get that feeling you like.

Let us know what advice you'd like - we have a great variety of setups here from people using the cheapest of wheels on a generic PC desk to full blown rigs/cockpits with triple screen and VR setups, and everything in between!

Kazzo

Post by Kazzo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Hi there I'm also pretty new here and live in Invercargill been here since October last year, Just upgraded to Fanatec Gear. Good to see a local on KSR _b