Kia ora

New here? Say Hi and introduce yourself.
MikePohatu

Kia ora

Post by MikePohatu » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:54 pm

Hi all,

I joined a little while ago, but have just got around to posting. I used to play some racing games back in the PS2 days, but found out how far things have come on youtube (Jimmy Broadbent). Got myself a gaming laptop (needed a new one anyway), built myself a sim rig, and have been bashing around Bathurst, Spa, and Monaco. Haven't got around to online racing yet, mostly been having a blast learning how to handle a V8 Supercar or old F1 car.

Whats the best first step into online where I won't piss anyone off by being a newbie? Class/car, track, game etc?

Cheers,

Mike

Bull

Re: Kia ora

Post by Bull » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Welcome Mike,

To be honest, your best first step is to come race with us!

Once you have the basic car controls down, you will learn 100 things more and quicker playing online than you would in the same time practising offline. We are very welcoming of all types and are more than happy to help set people up, right from helping set up their steering wheel profiles, in-game settings, to vehicle setup, driving lines, and race craft.

We have just announced our end of year series - a 4 week casual series running Group A themed cars - Rover 3500, VL Walkinshaw, Volvo 242 Turbo and the BMW M3 Evo. I would recommend coming and having a play with them!

Our main league nights are on Tuesday, however we have a server up 24/7 for anyone to practise on

kerryland

Post by kerryland » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:02 pm

MikePohatu wrote:
Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:54 pm
Whats the best first step into online where I won't piss anyone off by being a newbie? Class/car, track, game etc?
Welcome. The best thing to do is buy a copy of rFactor 2, which is what we mostly race here, and install the tracks/cars in our upcoming series. Take a look in the "KSR League & Events Discussion" section and download the bits mentioned in "KSR: Revival of the Legends".

If you get stuck, just ask questions -- we're a relatively friendly bunch. You are welcome to race at any skill level, once you have mastered the basics and can get around the track reliably without crashing.

For your first races we can put you at the back of the grid until you feel comfortable. I was back there for AGES, but still had plenty of fun. Just make sure you have a microphone so we can talk in the race :-)

MikePohatu

Post by MikePohatu » Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:36 pm

Awesome! Thanks guys :)