New Geriatric Member

New here? Say Hi and introduce yourself.
gcrow05

New Geriatric Member

Post by gcrow05 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:20 am

Hi all,

I am a bit of an old bugger (51) but still enjoy my sim racing, a bit about me ....

I moved back home to Auckland New Zealand in April 2022 after spending 17 years in Dubai, United Arab Emirates and before that 2 1/2 years on the Gold Coast, Australia. Also lived on the Gold Coast for 5 1/2 years during the 90's.

Like most keen gamers and motorsport fans I started simracing on a console with a Logitech wheel and pedals bolted to a table racing some of the early F1, Grand Turismo and Rally titles. I progressively upgraded my simracing hardware to a playseat and continued racing on consoles for many years until I discovered iRacing in 2015. Once I discovered iRacing it was time to get series with the upgrades, so I went from Logitech wheels and pedals to all Fanatec gear, gaming PC and Obutto Revolution rig. Since meeting Peter Klawitter (team founder of SIMMSA) in Dubai, I have since upgraded to an aluminium 20/20 rig with VRS direct drive wheel, Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals and a few other sim racing goodies.

Other I am into are Call of Duty and Ark Survival Ascended.

Looking forward to joining the upcoming league racers.

Cheers

Bull

Re: New Geriatric Member

Post by Bull » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:39 am

Welcome!

I myself am still rocking an Obutto Revolution!

Look forward to seeing you on track with us

gcrow05

Re: New Geriatric Member

Post by gcrow05 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:58 am

Thanks Bull,

Was extremely happy with the Obutto Evolution, solid rig and a hell of a lot simpler to handle than dismantling and reassembling my aluminium 20/20 rig, too many parts.