Top Gear Goes Live

For all aspects of real world racing, and general motoring chit chat
Flyboy69

Top Gear Goes Live

Post by Flyboy69 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:40 am

Heres a bit of a story about a stage that the crew from Top Gear are starting next month. Hope it comes to NZ

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/3183/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Re: Top Gear Goes Live

Post by Prometheus » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:15 pm

Sydney I've heard is the closest.
YouTube videos

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:42 pm

Story about it in the Herld. They will be coming here early next year after the Aussie leg of the tour in Feb.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/15011 ... d=10530940" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
No, he didnt slam into you, he didnt bump you, he didnt nudge you, he rubbed you, and rubbing son, is racing.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Starring: Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond & Greg Murphy

12 - 15 February 2009
ASB Showgrouds

For the first time in New Zealand, Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond will present Top Gear Live, the most spectacular LIVE motoring theatre show in the universe from 12 - 15 February 2009 at ASB Showgrouds, Auckland.

Top Gear Live features breath-taking stunts, amazing special effects and blockbusting driving sequences with some of the world’s best precision drivers. This experience is one car enthusiasts won’t forget.

Top Gear Live combines an action-packed 75 minute live version of the internationally acclaimed and multi award-winning BBC TV series Top Gear (showing on Prime in New Zealand). Fans can join Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond with their irreverent approach to motoring and humour, awesome super cars, crazy stunts and the smell of burning rubber. Top Gear Live is set to take live theatre to a ground breaking new level. Or crash attempting it.

“We’ve turned your motoring television show into the most spectacular motoring theatre show in the universe. We’ll be taking all the best bits of Top Gear, and ambitiously attempting them live in our action arena.” - Jeremy Clarkson

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:41 pm

I just got an email today about this thru one of our suppliers (HP) who are offering before pubic sale tickets now at $120 to the auckland gig.

Heard that it sold out super fast in some other country that I cant remember :larf:

I thought about it but hmmmmmmmm?? we will see.

Flyboy69

Post by Flyboy69 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:41 pm

There is 10 shows here, so I can't imagine it will sell out to fast. Tickets are $100, $125 or $150

And there are presales now, so anyone should be able to get them.