50%
Dont Care
10%

Total votes: 68

uturn

Re: Ford Vs Holden BATHURST

Post by uturn » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:10 pm

live stream here

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bathurst-1000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PS if u cant see anything click the "pop out" link

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:11 pm

WTB - More adds please O_o

Rocketship

Post by Rocketship » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:12 pm

Stupid news...
But what about the #33 Valvaline car at the front, soz can't remember there names, (not holdsworth and caruso, the other two), IMO they've done a fantastic job, but i think tander/davison, MURPHY/SKAIFE!!!! will catch 'em.
Go HOLDENS!!!

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:51 pm

GO TANDER, He's the man.

HAHAHAHAHA Fords all having issues
http://www.kiwicaptureit.co.nz
Never pick an argument with cf, its like picking an argument with a chick

Racing_Hart

Post by Racing_Hart » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:19 pm

Holden Win's
Garth Win's
Murphy put foot flat and was so intense last laps
http://www.kiwicaptureit.co.nz
Never pick an argument with cf, its like picking an argument with a chick

Rocketship

Post by Rocketship » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:24 pm

HOLDEN!!!!!!!!! Tander/Davison!!!

Hard Luck Murph/Skaife, what a come back from 10th.
Was a bloody close finish between murph and holdsworth.
Can't wait to see the time in it.....1000th of a second?

Naki

Post by Naki » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:27 pm

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:28 pm

Bloody great finish _b

An awesome drive by Tander at the end, as usual nice and clean. Shame Murphy missed 3rd by 4000th of a second >_< and great to see Richards come home in second.

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Tander was hella lucky not to get a penalty, couple of instances of pretty dodgy racing on his part, both on the kelly car.

Top job however, got a touch lucky with the 2nd to last safety car, but hey that's what happens at bathurst.

J.Richards showed just how much of class act he is, consistantly the fastest driver of the day, a pitty McConville Couldn't match the pace.

Don't know what happened to the Giz, but I have a sneaking suspension it was the #9 car dropping all the oil due to the times he was putting in, also picked up a couple transmissions on my scanner application ;)

It's a shame Murphy only gets up for 1 race a year, that race was theirs for the win, no doubt, just a shame about the safety car

Corey43C

Post by Corey43C » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:37 pm

WOOOHOOO
shot 1 2 3 4
Shot HOLDEN!
Murph was really pushing his car aye. _b
(:

Corey43C
Pitcrew 43c Streetstock

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:43 pm

Obsc3ne wrote: It's a shame Murphy only gets up for 1 race a year, that race was theirs for the win, no doubt, just a shame about the safety car
I have a feeling he wouldn't have been in the top 10 if it wasn't for Skaife and his knowledge on setting up the car.

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:44 pm

After what was pretty bloody good coverage of bathurst I am f#ing spewing!!!! I cant beleave the clowns at tv3 didnt show the bloody podium prize giving what a bloody joke!

If it was the bloody world cup rugby final they would of shown the cup getting handed over! wth!

Kinser

Post by Kinser » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:46 pm

What more can I say.....'The Great Race' - SUPERCHEAP BATHURST 1000 lived up to all expectations, from the weather to the safety car playing a part in what was an awesome race right to the end.

HOLDEN
DOMINATION in the Top 10 finishers. Great win for HRT Tander/Davison is a car that performed well all weekend. Likewise with our Kiwi Jason Richards getting accustomed to these runner up finishes....totally awesome and finally Gary Rogers racing will be wrapped with the 3rd placing of Lee Holdsworth.

TV3 Coverage, too many :censored: adverts and what about the podium presentation.....damn TV3 are :censored: useless.

BRING ON 2010

Naki

Post by Naki » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:48 pm

Yea pretty sad really..But i got to see the coverage....Switched to the live stream and it's still going.

Wicked race...And i agree on tander he was pretty rough..Specially T1 on the ford lol...And rick kelly. But congrats to them both...And im a ford fan.

But everyone had there moments and was a wicked race...Hardluck to murph.

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:49 pm

Riftcreator wrote:
Obsc3ne wrote: It's a shame Murphy only gets up for 1 race a year, that race was theirs for the win, no doubt, just a shame about the safety car
I have a feeling he wouldn't have been in the top 10 if it wasn't for Skaife and his knowledge on setting up the car.
That arguement would be more valid if he didn't do the exact same thing last year.

Although I do accept Skaife would've had a positive imput on the SGR team

Also I must mention Lee Holdworth, and Michael Caruso, brilliant drive from that early spin over the hill.

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:55 pm

Whincup was lucky to not get a drive thru over spinning bargs out.... If that was earlier in the day they would of pinged them for that.

Kinser

Post by Kinser » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:01 pm

MENTL1_CHB wrote:Whincup was lucky to not get a drive thru over spinning bargs out.... If that was earlier in the day they would of pinged them for that.
So true Mentl....I too was thinking the same thing......a bit of luck is some aspects to today's awesome race.

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Obsc3ne wrote:
Riftcreator wrote:
That arguement would be more valid if he didn't do the exact same thing last year.

Although I do accept Skaife would've had a positive imput on the SGR team
Fair call, however his current season has not been that convincing, and Murphy himself admitted things were better than they had been all season.

Shame he didn't get a podium, would have been brilliant to have 2 kiwi drivers up there.

Naki

Post by Naki » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:02 pm

50/50

1twisted1

Post by 1twisted1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Kinser wrote:
MENTL1_CHB wrote:Whincup was lucky to not get a drive thru over spinning bargs out.... If that was earlier in the day they would of pinged them for that.
So true Mentl....I too was thinking the same thing......a bit of luck is some aspects to today's awesome race.
Had it been Murphy spinning Whincup, Murph would have got a 5min stop n go
Making fun of Nascar fans is fun, and if they chase me, I just turn right.

2LO

Post by 2LO » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:00 pm

Bloody awesome race is all i can say! Murph!! 1 word LEGEND! a few people reckon he has past his time when it comes to V8's but omg he proved everyone wrong today.
:cflag: Tramac is for getting there, Dirt is for Racing
:cflag: Pitcrew 43c Streetstock
This Guy is SO Awesome

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:04 pm

Stink was basically a Holden top ten :Puke: Ohwell its been awhile since Holden has won :larf:
Was guttered when the Van Gisbergen car wouldnt fire in the pits was really hoping he would place

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:46 pm

Anybody know the reason for the 2nd-last SC not being in front of the leader Tander, instead was ahead of 2 x lapped cars (??? + McIntyre) and then Tander? Hard luck for Johnny Mac, meant that he didn't get a lap back, then got punted by Tander at T1 (autosport.com: "At the restart, Tander then made an extremely aggressive dive on a lapped car at the first turn...") ...

gwen_01

Post by gwen_01 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:13 pm

2LO wrote:Bloody awesome race is all i can say! Murph!! 1 word LEGEND! a few people reckon he has past his time when it comes to V8's but omg he proved everyone wrong today.
Agreed, i loved the part at the end when they were in car and you could hear murph yelling at the other cars.

Naki

Post by Naki » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:21 pm

vandem wrote:Anybody know the reason for the 2nd-last SC not being in front of the leader Tander, instead was ahead of 2 x lapped cars (??? + McIntyre) and then Tander? Hard luck for Johnny Mac, meant that he didn't get a lap back, then got punted by Tander at T1 (autosport.com: "At the restart, Tander then made an extremely aggressive dive on a lapped car at the first turn...") ...

Yea that was pretty shocking really...Didn't him any room at all on the Exit...bit poor by tander..I would have been freaking if i was rick kelly putting wheels onto the grass.