Hampton Downs Open Day

For all aspects of real world racing, and general motoring chit chat
Growler

Hampton Downs Open Day

Post by Growler » Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:49 pm

Hmmm....I might have to take one of the cars out on the 27th!

EVENT GUIDE FOR HAMPTON DOWNS

27th November 2009 - Public Open Day!

Come and test out the brand new track in your own car! Day starts at 9am till 4pm. There are 3 classes - Saloon Race, Saloon Road and Open Wheeler.

The day will be comprised of 20 minute sessions.

Safety gear required is helmet, flame suit and gloves.

Cars need to have either an MSNZ Log Book or a current warrant of fitness.

Register on the day. $150 per person.

28th November 2009 - Lotus Meeting

There will be a great array of cars under the classes AES Trade Zone, Arrow Wheels Sports & GT and Alfa Trofeo.

29th November 2009 - MONZA Meeting

Expect to see a busy programme full of Classic Saloons.

12th December 2009 - Public Open Day!

Come and test out the brand new track in your own car! Day starts at 9am till 4pm. There are 3 classes - Saloon Race, Saloon Road and Open Wheeler.

The day will be comprised of 20 minute sessions.

Safety gear required is helmet, flame suit and gloves.

Cars need to have either an MSNZ Log Book or a current warrant of fitness.

Register on the day. $150 per person.

13th December 2009 - TACCOC (Thoroughbred and Classic Cars Owners Club)

How will Historic Single Seater's and Classic Saloons handle the newest track in New Zealand. Come and find out!

First Timed Laps at Hampton Downs

First Lap Record Holder

Kevin Adington 1.09.410

Kevin
Adington

Gary
Pendleton

Pat
Harrison

Tim
LaTrobe

Andrew
Turner

Chris
Allan

Conal
Dempsey

Justin
Butcher

George
Randle

Michelle
Neville

Paul
Haaker

Bernie
Watson

Chris
Watson

Philip
Meyer

Tony
Gordon

Steve
Swann

Jeff
Lowray

Chris
Booker

Stumpy

Re: Hampton Downs Open Day

Post by Stumpy » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Mean, might have to pull out my honda and go for a blat around there. :driver:
7a Auckland Allstars Hackatank Commander 2011 :cflag:2011 Teams League Season 1 Champions - Auckland Allstars :cflag: 81a Performance Engines Ltd Tank 2011

--------------I'm just a Kiwi Tryna Have a Good Time--------------

Rasmo

Post by Rasmo » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:50 pm

I've already done a few laps on the first open day and have to say it is pretty impressive, not that I have much to compare it to.

Dad has got one of the apartments and entered the first race meeting last weekend so he has already done plenty. It certainally has great elevations, the hump on the front straight looks like it could get a little scary for some of the big boys, the superbikes were doing a few laps the other day when we were up there and they were getting a little light over it :eek:.

Might post some pics or video of the weekend a little later.
Image Image

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Bold » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Hrmm.. 27th is a Friday, so I won't be able to make that, but I could definately come up for a nosy on dec 12th :)

I wonder if the KT classes as an open wheeler... It's about as quick as a Formula V :)

My toymota is getting a bit past track days.

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:45 am

Due to popular demand they are now opening up for Thursday. I will be there either Thursday or Friday (Thursday may be better as there should be less people).

Hugh

Post by Hugh » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:15 pm

Growler wrote:Due to popular demand they are now opening up for Thursday. I will be there either Thursday or Friday (Thursday may be better as there should be less people).
Let me know if your going down..I might meet ya there..

Growler

Post by Growler » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Hugh Jarse wrote:
Growler wrote:Due to popular demand they are now opening up for Thursday. I will be there either Thursday or Friday (Thursday may be better as there should be less people).
At this stage it's 99% happening. I have had to borrow a race suit as I don't fit mine anymore. Something about being a fat bastard!!
I'm not too sure how many laps I'll get in as the old girl starts to overheat if I give it arseholes.
All the rust and scale that continually comes off the inside of the block keeps clogging up the radiator which hinders the flow. And thats with running 100% glycol. One day I will strip the block down and fix it up properly...but thats when the turbo gets bolted on!

letoad

Post by letoad » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:28 pm

Growler wrote:
Hugh Jarse wrote:
At this stage it's 99% happening. I have had to borrow a race suit as I don't fit mine anymore. Something about being a fat bastard!!
I'm not too sure how many laps I'll get in as the old girl starts to overheat if I give it arseholes.
All the rust and scale that continually comes off the inside of the block keeps clogging up the radiator which hinders the flow. And thats with running 100% glycol. One day I will strip the block down and fix it up properly...but thats when the turbo gets bolted on!

Soooooo a second hand racesuit for sale eh Growls ??? If I put on a bit of weight do ya think it will fit me ? ;)

seeya saturday night mate :)
kissing princesses for over 40 years......

Growler

Post by Growler » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:23 pm

letoad wrote:Soooooo a second hand racesuit for sale eh Growls ??? If I put on a bit of weight do ya think it will fit me ? ;)

seeya saturday night mate :)
No...it dosen't fit over my shoulders anymore.
Awsome track...and only spun once under brakes at the hairpin! And good to meet Rolo.

Rolo

Post by Rolo » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:04 am

Didn't see the spin (unfortunately) but was most impressed by the way Growler was hammering the little MX5, tyres screaming, pedal down. Think he had forgotten that was his transport back into Auckland for a while. Nice to meet you and the better half.
The track is awesome, its all new and shiny and has lots of character with the elevation changes. Unfortunately (according to one of the officials) there is little chance that the full layout will be finished before the McLaren meetings. They are also building more apartments to sell so this will bring in alot more cash, which is good.

Rolo