Stockcar Teams Champs - Welly 10/11th December

For all aspects of real world racing, and general motoring chit chat
Harding Jr

Stockcar Teams Champs - Welly 10/11th December

Post by Harding Jr » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Two weeks into the future we see teams from all over the country heading to the capital to do battle with 1.5tonne beasts in a 400m Dirt oval. Who will prevail the victor? Will you be trackside?

What's happening this year guys. I have heard a lot of hype toward the event. There has certainly been a lot of teams racing before the event this year. As it seems an ever increasing trend to have teams racing right from the very start of the season to get experience and practice in for this one weekend. To hopefully rip this title out of the not so young gun's grasp's.

Gladiators lineup isn't changed to much from last year and from earlier teams event's this season. I'll wait on that info because I'm not sure if it's been released yet.

Will Mentos be trackside with his camera this year? Will Sheldon be wearing so much sunscreen that he is a shade of white? Will Pluck finally grow a sack and be there?

Attending:
Harding
Nutter
Last edited by Harding Jr on Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

nutter84

Re: Stockcar Teams Champs - Welly 10/11th December

Post by nutter84 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:50 pm

haha very professional harding _b , ill be attending cheering on the beasts from the Bay the Maulers
7B - 09 / 84B - 10/ KSR Individual league
24k- 09/ 6A - 10 /45s - 10/ KSR Teams league
Auckland Allstars 2nd 2010 Teams league

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Will be interesting, I have heard a few rumours O_o

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 pm

Aaron wrote:Will be interesting, I have heard a few rumours O_o
A few rumours? oh the dirty stuff!!! Do tell ;p
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:14 pm

Harding Jr wrote:What's happening this year guys.
The Young Guns are, yet again, winning the title.

Possibly going to be there.
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

hawkins

Post by hawkins » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:43 am

i wont be there this year .. :mad:

ill be in the cack island instead will be a good event as always though gonna miss out on all the good teams racig for atleast a season before i can get some time off
WELLINGTONWILDCATS BRINGING BACK THE BIFF

When life throws you a curve , Slam it down a gear and hit the apex harder !!!!!

Sennheiserl

Post by Sennheiserl » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:40 pm

yep ill be there should be a good weekend hopefully the title will go to another team this year

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:43 pm

Sennheiserl wrote:yep ill be there should be a good weekend hopefully the title will go to another team this year
Think of teams racing on the big banked track :D . The Gizzy and napiers boys sure will have an advantage by knowing how to block on this track. Cant cruise around the pole line at snails pace here and expect to take anyone out that's by the wall :crazy: :larf: .

I'm hoping it does leave Welly for the good of the event. It's starting to be known as "Welly Teams" Instead of the Stockcar Teams Champs :Puke:

Crazy_asian

Post by Crazy_asian » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:18 pm

I'll be there :D
Individual League 14P
Teams League 8a
2010 Teams League Season 2 Champs Stratford Scrappers
2011 Farmer Jones Teams Champs Winners Stratford Scrappers
4a 1073p 6a Aaza 7a Stumpy 8a Crazy_asian 9a Hotwheels

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:28 pm

Harding Jr wrote: Will Mentos be trackside with his camera this year?
You know it brother!!!!

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:30 pm

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:06 pm

YEAH MENTL1 Video's! I've got to get me a sticker for next season's car ;) If I've still got a car. Might be a real one :talker: .

I'm going to watch all those video's again now hehe, thaaaaaank you. Box of tissues?

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:24 pm

:D _b

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:18 pm

sounds like a 10 team format.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:01 pm

10 different tracks sending teams, but they're wanting 12. Most likely the Steelers and a second Wellington team.

"Teams expected to front are: Huntly, Auckland, Gisborne, Hawkes Bay, Palmerston North, Stratford, Wanganui, Wellington, Blenheim and Christchurch. On top of this, the promotion team is currently talking with another two possible entries." - http://www.wellingtonspeedway.co.nz/2010/nz-stockcar-teams-champs/

And both the HB and Wanganui teams have been announced.

Meannee Maulers:
81b Regan O'Brien
82b Mike Mac
83b Andrew Powell
84b Beatle Tarrant
85b Aaron Iremonger
86b Marty Cooke

Wanganui Vulcans:
Dion Mooney
Hilton Parker
Alan Levien
Justin Cunningham
Aaron Musgrove
Shane Joseph

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:30 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:10 different tracks sending teams, but they're wanting 12. Most likely the Steelers and a second Wellington team.
At this stage Steelers are not going. I will not say why but the only people loosing out are the competitors and spectators... seems politics in speedway rule the roost at most meetings (also to note palmy teams invasion steelers did have more points than welly, something/someone stuffed up).

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:24 pm

Aaron wrote:
KSR Aaza wrote:10 different tracks sending teams, but they're wanting 12. Most likely the Steelers and a second Wellington team.
At this stage Steelers are not going. I will not say why but the only people loosing out are the competitors and spectators... seems politics in speedway rule the roost at most meetings (also to note palmy teams invasion steelers did have more points than welly, something/someone stuffed up).
It's always as clear as mud in Palmy. Has been like that for the last 10years. Hence why Wardy was able to take out the leading to Gizzy cars the wrong way from the grass when Gizzy had certain victory over the Puma's back in 03. Add this to 10minute bells. Removing B cars at the GP last year that moved on a red light but leaving various P cars to move freely with no consequences whatsoever. Pretty difficult to beat Palmy at Palmy.

I'm not sure weather "B" teams will be aloud anymore. It was meant to be one representative team from each club/track. But things may change, I think SNZ may allow a dispensation so that the 12 team format can carry on to be successful like always.

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:48 pm

The second palmy team has bailed out the welly champs multiple times at short notice (one year it was 2 days before) while teams who say they are going to be there pull out. I think most of the drivers etc dont care whether they can take title back if they win they just want to be there and race, a few younger/ inexperienced drivers that have potential are keen on just the experience of racing down there.

Its a shame that it goes that way because the current stage that the overall stockcar class is in has been producing some wicked teams racing of late. I also think welly are a tad vulnerable at the moment considering the number of teams that in my mind will give them a good run down there.

Punj

Post by Punj » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:15 pm

Aaron wrote:The second palmy team has bailed out the welly champs multiple times at short notice (one year it was 2 days before) while teams who say they are going to be there pull out. I think most of the drivers etc dont care whether they can take title back if they win they just want to be there and race, a few younger/ inexperienced drivers that have potential are keen on just the experience of racing down there.

Its a shame that it goes that way because the current stage that the overall stockcar class is in has been producing some wicked teams racing of late. I also think welly are a tad vulnerable at the moment considering the number of teams that in my mind will give them a good run down there.
_b
Rookie

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:49 pm

Well said Aaron. I do hope other teams are allowed to get in there such as the Steelers and Terminators. But when they win, who takes the hosting rights for the following years event? 2nd place? The venue that it is currently held at holds it again? I'm a little confused what would happen there.

The teams are becoming very even. Unlike past years where it has only been P vs W. With other semi strong teams such as Rotorua and Baypark. Now you look at those teams names and you cant pick a clear final let alone a winner. Hell you cant even pick who will qualify for the Semi's! I think this is all because of the huge amount of teams racing that has been done in the past few seasons. Almost every time is starting to follow the trend of the Gladiators last season. That was basically teams race as much as possible! All that experience is paying off and this event should be good! It's a shame Baypark and Rotorua cant front teams with the huge amount of drivers they each have signed up to their clubs. I remember when Gizzy use to front a 6car team for the nationals when we only had 7 or 8 registered drivers! :larf:

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:55 am

Harding Jr wrote:Well said Aaron. I do hope other teams are allowed to get in there such as the Steelers and Terminators. But when they win, who takes the hosting rights for the following years event? 2nd place? The venue that it is currently held at holds it again? I'm a little confused what would happen there.
What the rule has been (at least last year for the Steelers) was that if they won the event, the hosting rights would go to the team that finished second. So even if they drew and beat the Young Guns, Wellington would have still hosted the event this year.

It's a shame they won't be attending as you say Aaron as I think the ten team format is a load of crap and too confusing for the average spectator to understand. I would actually rather nine teams raced with three groups of three with a highest scoring 2nd place making up the other semi final spot.

Baypark have 20 registered stockcars this season (as listed on their website) and since Scott Fredrickson had that season off (and is now registered to Rotorua), the McRobbie's going to Rotorua and the Gallop's transferred to Huntly, the only other driver that I remember racing for them and still is this year is Ryan Hunt (and I only recognize three other names). Rotorua have 42 competitors on their website and have lost a long list of established and experienced teams racers from about 2006 onwards and struggle to get six guys wanting to race to bring back the glory days to the club. However Kihikihi and their 14 registered drivers have the biggest chance of entering and getting a team down to Wellington.

But while looking at the Rotorua drivers list, and there's a good nine drivers (without any surprise or newer ones) that I feel would put their hand up to race and form a competitive side, seven of which I know have somewhere along the lines. They should be looking for some of those drivers to step up along with some inexperienced drivers and at least give the Huntly teams a crack each season.

Shane51

Post by Shane51 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:40 pm

i hate to say it guys but..................................ill be there yeyah bring on the racing. ill have a giant wellington pheonix flag and noisy ass cowbells
Safe Side Baker Side

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:03 pm

Shane51 wrote:i hate to say it guys but..................................ill be there yeyah bring on the racing. ill have a giant wellington pheonix flag and noisy ass cowbells
Good to hear!!!

I just got word from a certain Stockcar driver that he is bringing down with him something that will be sure to get everyone's attention. A cowbell.... That is so BIG it needs a frame so that it can swing! :larf:

Shane51

Post by Shane51 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:56 pm

yep grouse
Safe Side Baker Side

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Cool, we've got five teams named now. Still no word on the confirmed teams or the format.

Gisborne Gladiators:
61g Simon Allen
62g Nic Hutton
63g Bruce Harding
64g Ian Barron
65g Jason Jones
66g Nick Vallance
Reserve Driver: Sam Hughes

Auckland Alleycats:
Jamie Fergusson
Gary Lonergan
Nic Krisnic