Stockcar Teams Champs - Welly 10/11th December

For all aspects of real world racing, and general motoring chit chat
Harding Jr

Re: Stockcar Teams Champs - Welly 10/11th December

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:55 pm

That Auckland team will be hard to beat. Still yet to lose a race on track this season (I think they were unbeaten last season too). I sure do hope they don't get beaten by the format again this year. So many strong teams, only 4 spots up for grabs to advance to the second night. This is gonna be good. Everyone that knows Speedway that I've seen has been asking me to wish good luck to the boys. Quite a lot of hometown support for the Gladiators. Hope to see a lot of red shirts in the crowd this weekend :D
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:01 pm

Auckland are a good team but dont seem to know how to race under the points system

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Top 4 (non specific order)

Auckland
Gladiators
Wellington
and either Palmy or Hawkes Bay

last place I reckon will be decided by the retardedness of the 10 team format.

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Aaron wrote:last place I reckon will be decided by the retardedness of the 10 team format.
yep not wrong

Im going with Aucks aswell tbh _b

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Aaron wrote:every place I reckon will be decided by the retardedness of the 10 team format.
Fixed. Either twelve teams or nine teams or else every team has a advantage or disadvantage. Only need two of Rotorua, Kihikihi, Baypark, Nelson to pull finger or for some sort of agreement for second teams to put on some entertainment.

Auckland will, yet again, confuse themselves more than the other team with their silly numbering and will throw a win away that would see them into the semi and not make it through. But can't wait to Krisnic do some damage this weekend. :B

Alot of teams have stepped it up a notch this season with all six teams named here able to take away the title so it will make for a really great event. My monies is still on Wellington though.

Waikato Raiders:
Aaron Alderton
Justin Hutchby
Tyson Wootten
Anthony McNeil
Scott Gallop
Mark Caldwell
Reserve Driver: Anton Leek
"If he gets any wider, he'll be racing in the carpark!" - Aaron Drever

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:22 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:Auckland will, yet again, confuse themselves more than the other team with their silly numbering and will throw a win away that would see them into the semi and not make it through. But can't wait to Krisnic do some damage this weekend. :B
They haven't thrown a win away :p They beat Palmy last year! It was just because Palmy totally obliterated the other team in their group which is what saw them through instead of the team that won two races.

I love watching Krisnic and Ferguson (spell*) doing their business! Flat Chassis are entertaining!
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

nutter84

Post by nutter84 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:58 pm

IMHO wellington will be loosing the title with such teams as pumas, meeanee, gladiators etc Being on form. These teams have had lead up races and will be anxious to rip into. If Peter rees is on form the pumas will be tough to beat. And the gladiators and maulers and most teams for that matter it comes down to the condition of their cars and what tools and spares they have available to them for the Saturday fix up day. That's where the young guns have an advantage aswell is that they have their own sheds tools and would know people all round town that could help with pretty much anything haha. But we're staying at the camp ground with the maulers so should be an awesome weekend :D
7B - 09 / 84B - 10/ KSR Individual league
24k- 09/ 6A - 10 /45s - 10/ KSR Teams league
Auckland Allstars 2nd 2010 Teams league

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:09 pm

nutter84 wrote:IMHO wellington will be loosing the title with such teams as pumas, meeanee, gladiators etc Being on form. These teams have had lead up races and will be anxious to rip into. If Peter rees is on form the pumas will be tough to beat. And the gladiators and maulers and most teams for that matter it comes down to the condition of their cars and what tools and spares they have available to them for the Saturday fix up day. That's where the young guns have an advantage aswell is that they have their own sheds tools and would know people all round town that could help with pretty much anything haha. But we're staying at the camp ground with the maulers so should be an awesome weekend :D
Honestly I think this is the current line up of the pumas problem... in my veiw the only driver that stood out in the palmy teams invasion was Rees. So anyone with half a brain will know take him out and the team could very easily fold. Pumas are also weak experience wise especially with the loss of Miers. After performances through this season in teams racing it gobsmacks me why Jay Knight and Graham Ward are not in there... hopefully a magnificant last minute change happens but doubt it, they both can run and hit and have shown that THIS season, they also have plenty of experience.

There is my 2 cents.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:33 pm

Can they just name their team already?

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:41 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:Can they just name their team already?
that would be just too easy.

Crazy_asian

Post by Crazy_asian » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Aaron wrote:
KSR Aaza wrote:Can they just name their team already?
that would be just too easy.
What's the team atm?

Rees
Davis
Prentice
Wilson
Mason?
Taniwha?

I think it SHOULD be
Rees
Davis
Knight
Ward
Wallace
and Mason or Prentice
Individual League 14P
Teams League 8a
2010 Teams League Season 2 Champs Stratford Scrappers
2011 Farmer Jones Teams Champs Winners Stratford Scrappers
4a 1073p 6a Aaza 7a Stumpy 8a Crazy_asian 9a Hotwheels

Aaron

Post by Aaron » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:42 pm

someone on macgors posted this
Pumas teams is

peter rees
alec wilson
gary davis
gavin taniwha
ron tye
josh prentice
7th driver darrell wallace
I dont know who the person is but it is about what I have heard too... but its about as hard to get a straight answer of what the team is as it is for wellington to give info about this meeting.

Therefore I wouldnt take that post of the team as 100%.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:08 pm

After Taniwha's performance in Huntly I don't think he should be counted out of the team. As with Saus' performance at Huntly last year pretty much sealed his spot int he Puma's for Welly. I sure do hope afro man is in the team. He has had a lot of off season practice racing for the Eagles :p. If you do read this Sausages would be cool if you could let us know what the lineup is.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Yep this should (IMO of course) be the team they send down: Rees, Ward, Knight, Wallace, Taniwha, Davis. And there are two lineups on Macgors as well as other's guesses so still no real idea on who they have selected.

Eastern States Titans:
Rex Collier (9n)
Ricco Gray
Gavin Marshall
Steve Thomas (85n)
Sam Thompson
Zac Thompson
Reserve Driver: Scott/Tim Alexander

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:25 pm

The Alexander's aren't in the Titan's team!? 8o . Wow didn't see that coming those two are both mighty fast.

Dad got a txt not so long ago saying the Gladiators group...

Gisborne
Auckland
Stratford

With the Gladiators making their first appearance on the track at race 5.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:50 pm

According to Macgors (Yes I actually went on that ****'n forum) Palmy's first race is against Wangaz. So the night should start off pretty darn hard and hopefully set the tone fro the rest of the weekend. _b

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Harding Jr wrote:The Alexander's aren't in the Titan's team!? 8o . Wow didn't see that coming those two are both mighty fast.
One retired (but in the role as team manager) IIRC and there was a reason why the other wasn't in the team in The Dirt Track write up about the team.

Unless Christchurch (only team not named bar Pumas) has pulled out, there is no groups so it's more the two opponents that they face.

And Wanganui to thrash the Pumas! :B

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:27 pm

And it's less than 48 hours til the first race, and there's no official word on what teams are attending, their drivers or who they race. Plus there's a good chance it will rain on Saturday, possibly making this event the biggest epic fail of the season.

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:32 pm

KSR Aaza wrote:And it's less than 48 hours til the first race, and there's no official word on what teams are attending, their drivers or who they race. Plus there's a good chance it will rain on Saturday, possibly making this event the biggest epic fail of the season.
There has been official word. But only letting the team managers know. Having a mutual place for spectators to have a gander and other speedway enthusiasts to look at and see any updates on the event such as a website would be a good idea.

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:40 pm

Hey look at this:
Teams And Drivers:
A full list of drivers and teams was only confirmed Tuesday night, so it can only now be posted on the site.

Wellington Youn Guns
51w Paul Gaskin, 52w Shane Davis, 53w Richard Gaskin, 54w Dale Robertson, 55w Scott McIntosh, 56w Kyle Lane – Reserve driver: Paul Fairbrother

Palmerston North Pumas
1nz Peter Rees (Captain), 33p Alec Wilson, 35p Josh Prentice, 36p Ron Tye, 38p Gary Daves, 39p Gaven Taniwha – Reserve driver: Darrel Wallace

Meeanee Maulers
81b Regan O’Brien, 82b Mike McLachlan, 83b Andrew Powell, 84b Beatle Tarrant, 85b Aaron Iremonger, 86b Marty Cooke – Reserve driver: T.B.C

Christchurch Crushers
4c Aaron Penberth, 5c Kirk Page, 6c Rick Stevens, 7c Cody Streeter, 8c John Gray, 9c Nathan Taylor – Reserve driver: Wade Nelson

Eastern States Titans
154e Ricco Grey, 156e Zac Thompson, 153e Sam Thompson, 157e Gavin Marshall, 152e Steve Thomas, 155e Rex Collier – Reserve: Scott Alexander

Wanganui Vulcans
Dion Moones, Hilton Parker, Alan Levien, Justin Cunningham, Aaron Musgrove, Shane Joseph – Reserve Driver: Tony James

Stratford Stormers
Shane kells, 59s Robert Gargan, 79s Shane Hurliman, 132s Justin Robinson, 45s Daniel Reade, 686s Cody Webster – Reserve driver: Haydin Barler

Auckland Alleycats
333a Jamie Fergusson, 383a Gary Lonergan, 388a Dean Mulholland, 833a Bernie Fox, 838a Carl Campbell, 883a NicKrisnic – Reserve driver: Grant Littlewood

Gisborne Gladiators
61g Shane Allen, 62g Nic Hutton, 63g Bruce Harding, 64g Ian Barron, 65g Jason Jones, 66g Nic Vallance – Reserve driver: Sam Hughes

Waikato Raiders
98h Justin Hutchby, 94h Aaron Alderton, 93h Tyson Wootten, 95h Mark Caldwell, 96h Anthony McNeil, 97h Scott Gallop – Reserve driver: Anton Leek
Fridays Draw:
This draw was created Wednesday morning and it is also the order of which Friday’s teams events will run.

Pumas vs Vulcans
Maulers vs Crushers
Stormers vs Titans
Raiders vs Young Guns
Gladiators vs Alleycats
Crushers vs Vulcans
Pumas vs Titans
Maulers vs Raiders
Gladiators vs Stormers
Young Guns vs Alleycats
http://www.wellingtonspeedway.co.nz/2010/nz-stockcar-teams-champs/

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:07 am

Finally!! lol. Worst thing, we have 3 races between our two races which puts a lot of stress on us as the crew to perform. The only other class racing is streetstocks according to their website so 4max race gap for us. Hopefully we don't have to much damage to fix. But Dads latest form of wrecking shit says over wise :larf: .

KSR Aaza

Post by KSR Aaza » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:20 am

Race gaps:
Pumas, Maulers, Stormers, Young Guns 5
Vulcans, Alleycats 4
Crushers, Titans, Raiders, Gladiators 3

So don't feel too shafted, you've got plenty of company

With 10 teams races, I'm guessing that they'll be after the second, fifth and eighth teams races. Should look like this:
Pumas vs Vulcans
Maulers vs Crushers
Streetstocks
Stormers vs Titans
Raiders vs Young Guns
Gladiators vs Alleycats
Streetstocks
Crushers vs Vulcans
Pumas vs Titans
Maulers vs Raiders
Streetstocks
Gladiators vs Stormers
Young Guns vs Alleycats

Race gaps would now look like this:
Pumas, Maulers, Stormers, Young Guns 7
Vulcans, Alleycats 6
Crushers, Gladiators 5
Titans, Raiders 4 (both take on a seven race gapped team)

There's no way to increase the gap for Waikato or Blenheim without giving two of the teams on a seven race gap a eight race gap.

And if the streetstocks start the night, that's just a waste of car repair time for the drivers.

smithers 164p

Post by smithers 164p » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:29 pm

well i'll be there :D
1st - Waikato Superstock Challenege 2010
1st - 2011 Teams League with tthe Auckland Allstars
http://www.simracingnz.com/
A Bumper is there for a reason i intend to use it! :D
PUNT TO PASS!!!

KSR Aaza