Stockcar Teams Champs - Welly 10/11th December

For all aspects of real world racing, and general motoring chit chat
Rabbit

Re: Stockcar Teams Champs - Welly 10/11th December

Post by Rabbit » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:08 am

Safe Travelling All MEMBERS going to this Event.
2011 KSS Teams League (Panthers 8p Tank Commander)
2011 KSS Individaul League -8p Dirtshop Creations/Madclown
Season 2 Teams League Champions. Palmerston North Panthers

savage

Post by savage » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:01 pm

Look forward to hearing how the titans do with out the Alexander boys.
2010-2011 KSR Superstocks South Island Champ
2010-2011 KSR Superstocks Champion Of Champion's

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:04 pm

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Just got home. What an awesome weekend!!! Gladiators 3nz! Geez I'm proud to be a part of it!

The whole weekend was great from having the dirt track people cook us breakfast on Saturday morning to getting a motor for Ian's car at 2:45pm stock standard straight out of car. Putting all the right pulley's, fitting's and the right valley on and having it running by 4pm. The meeting being called off and Pee Wee coming back to the Gizzy camp for the night and all having a few beers playing Tennis for hours until we couldn't see the ball anymore. Sam Hughes falling in the fire. Jase Jones coming up to us after racing HB and he has his med check to ask who we were racing next, we told him we were all finished and he asked if he should go for his med check. The whole weekend was just awesome! Dad still cant get over how many people were cheering as he got towed off the track after racing Palmy (for losing!). Thank god we aren't going back to Te Marua again. Must I say Bruce Robertson getting hold of this event and promoting this will be a huge step forward for the event! I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes for a 16 team event ran over 3 days!!!

I lost my P virginity cheering for the P for the first time ever in the final. The crowd was buzzing after that! I sure know I was at the fence!
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

MENTL1_CHB

Post by MENTL1_CHB » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:43 pm

Harding Jr wrote: Dad still cant get over how many people were cheering as he got towed off the track after racing Palmy (for losing!). !
I was the one that started that my friend hes was on fire in that race!!! So bloody close to winning that race it wasnt funny!!!
Why didnt ya dad come out for the last race bud?

Harding Jr

Post by Harding Jr » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:24 pm

On that last lap that shot in the front end snapped the front 5th arm that combined with everything in the steering being completely bent and missing a few tyres wheel meant he couldn't turn left. He brought it into the pits and went hard out (bloody hard in that heat!) to get it back out there.

We...
*Replaced three wheels that were flat or just a rim!
*Replaced the right front brake disc that was snapped in half
*Replaced a few studs on the right front that where snapped or bent
*Straightened both steering arms!
Front end was bent but it only made the right front have a little to much excessive camber so it was good enough for round 4 _b .
*Wound in and welded in the LR shock to it's mount on the diff because if had snapped off and unwound itself
*Re-welded up the front 5th arm (these are Ohaliren (spell*) arm's people!)
*The fuel pump was half falling out so apon realizing the strap it sits in was cracked and the bolt has pulled through the strap I wrapped around about 12cable-ties and half a roll of duct tape around it. There was no way she as coming out under my watch!
*Refilled the 6litres of water that it lost during that race.
Temp gauge got wound off the clock, It's 120celcius at 2oclock and it was at 6oclock, f**k it don't need gauges to teams race.
*Replaced the front pillar that had lost a bit with a bit of my tui box aided by cable ties and duct tape
*Tightened up bell housing bolts all the steering and front suspension bolts were checked and tightened, likewise the rear of the car, allbeit rushed because Dad was strapping himself in.

After all of this, and testing the steering whilst the car was in the air to insure we had lock to lock steering. He went to pull away to the dummy grid and couldn't turn left more than a few degrees. We looked everywhere as everyone else went out the gate to see if anything is hitting or touching but nothing was. It's still an unknown. We have 3 weeks till our next meeting (unless hitman Hart gets his car finished then we might come down to the bay) so plenty of time to fix her up and get her fit again.

See those flames in the warmup laps on night one :yum: .
My Abilities are Only Limited by Those who try to Test Them
Our greatest glory is not that of success, Rather the way we rise after each fall

Shane51

Post by Shane51 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:40 pm

we love you brucey
Safe Side Baker Side

Punj

Post by Punj » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Shane51 wrote:we love you brucey
xxo
Rookie