Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV at Laguna Seca

For all aspects of real world racing, and general motoring chit chat
Rasmo

Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV at Laguna Seca

Post by Rasmo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:47 pm

Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV

I have just finished the weekend and it has been awesome :D Dad and a few other friends flew over to California for a part holiday, but mainly to attend the Rennsport Reunion at Laguna Seca. There is over 300 historic and modern racing Porsche's racing and many more on show ranging from the early 50's and 60's right through to the GT3's and RS Spyders that currently compete. There is a full list of entrants here if anyone is interested. I haven't got around to downloading photos yet but will post some when I get the chance. The amount of money some of these guys are throwing around is just insane :eek: , I can't even imagine what the value of the paddock was. Spent the first day wandering around the paddock which took almost 3/4 of the day!!! The last two have been a combination of watching, shopping and still 8oing.

The best bit about the whole weekend was that I won a hotlap in the GT3 ;p . They had a simulator set up with Forza and I managed to do the best time, which I was surprised about because I came off , I thought American's sat around playing Xbox and watching TV all day??? O_o. It was only one lap but it was still pretty cool. The elevation change is massive, compared to anything in NZ, when you approach the corkscrew you literally see a horizon line across the track, then drop down into it. He was going pretty easy but it was definitely the best way to check out the track.

I'll get some photos up over the next day or two hopefully.

I have just heard about Wheldon's death in Vegas, no doubt that will be pretty big over here for the next few days.
Image Image

BK

Re: Porsche Rennsport Reunion IV at Laguna Seca

Post by BK » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:26 pm

Looks like you had a real blast!

These are one of my favorite cars. I have spent quite a few hours cleaning some for the Concours in AK a while back.

If your old man is Steve, then say hi from me (Blair) and my wife Roseanne.

Rasmo

Post by Rasmo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:17 pm

Got around to uploading some of the pics now that I am back. The actual track shots were not that great as didn't have any fancy cameras, mainly just of the cars etc.

Full Album:
http://imageshack.us/g/5/pa140637.jpg/

Image Image

Riftcreator

Post by Riftcreator » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Looks like it would have been an incrediable trip Rasmo _b

Lovong the fastest lap board :D All those hours on rFactor finally paid off _b

Rasmo

Post by Rasmo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:38 pm

Riftcreator wrote:Looks like it would have been an incrediable trip Rasmo _b

Lovong the fastest lap board :D All those hours on rFactor finally paid off _b
Sort of, the simulators they had were a bit funny though, the force feedback was inverted and would pull crazily down the straights, was pretty stoked though :D I tried again once I got home, and although it was with a controller and not the wheel and pedals I went over 5 seconds quicker again!!!
Image Image

Pits

Post by Pits » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:13 am

Strooth there are some nice vehicles their, and to go there now that would be a great day out.