Petrol Safety

:o
Inspector

---

Happy
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Happy » Sun Dec 19, 2004 2:00 pm

LOL :>

It's obviously just far too dangerous to get fuel nowdays. Bicycles much anyone ?
:>

Riven
Server Guru

Post by Riven » Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:41 am

Wont be changing my habits when refueling.. 150 odd fires, in how many petrol stations? with how many cars? must be about 0.0001% chance of a fire i reckon.

Still that pic of the van is funny, the back bumper is running away :)

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:14 am

Ha, number 4: Don't use Cellphones.

This is just a wives tail, it's now proven that Mobile phones do not generate static electricity, nor enough heat to cause a fire from petrol fumes.

I saw an artical on Discovery Channel that mentioned Fuel Accidents. When the fires start, normally the fuel is still pumping, towards the end of the fill. In a quick reaction once the fire starts they pull the pump head out of the car before they stop it, basicly turning it into a flame thrower, cause considerable damage.

They said the reason why Women were at greater risk of this hppening is because they were more likely to pull the pump head out with out stopping the pump. If the pump is stopped, then the head is removed, it would contain the fire to the Fuel Tank. Starve the Filler Neck of Oxygen, will of course kill the fire with minimal damage.

On the other hand, if ya own a Mitsubishi, just let it burn, and do the World a favour :D

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:04 am

hmmm, Maybe I need to get a woman to fill my car up then :D