Limewire

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
Benjamin

Limewire

Post by Benjamin » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:20 pm

hey guys

Is there any where i can get limewire for free and download it?? Or something eles like it??

I have some version installed but when i click on it it comes up for 2 seconds then gose away could someone help me please??

Benjamin _b

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Re: Limewire

Post by Inspector » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:28 pm

I have some help for you. Do not install Limewire, it is one of "THE" greatest causes of spyware and viruses on PC's.
Inspector

---

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:50 pm

What is the Best for Downloading ?????????? as i have limewire and now wont to get rid if it :larf:

Edit: what do people USE to download music thats Free
0 5 EHT KCUF
:bluesbro:

Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Inspector » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Unfortunately all common/public forms of peer to peer file sharing seems to get overrun by people who think it is fun to include spyware/viruses in there file shares. Limewire, Kazza, MX and other well known ones are always the cause of PC's issues when they come to me for repair. You can use these "reasonably" safely if you only download music and are very careful about how this music is packaged and how you check a download before opening it. Having a good antivirus and spyware programme running and using them to scan all downloads before opening them will minimise the risk of infections but is certainly no guarantee. Downloading through torrent sites seems to be currently the safest way to get music/movies but once again taking the right precautions BEFORE you open or run a file you have downloaded is vital.
Inspector

---

ShaneNZ

Post by ShaneNZ » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:22 pm

wow so you really have to watch what you download
0 5 EHT KCUF
:bluesbro:

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:42 pm

just a reminder that of course the only stuff you'd be downloading on these p2p networks would be non-copyrighted material, any discussion on the boards of piracy or illegal activities is rather frowned upon

That said have been using the built in support for torrents lately of http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and has been pretty damn good :)

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:18 pm

Why not do what was once all you could do and go buy a CD. Why download music?? All my music has been ripped off CDs that have been purchased by either myself or my family.

If I do download anything I jump on itunes and pay wow all of $1 for a track I want.

Its just like stealing something from someone who has worked there arse off to get where they are. Just because they are musicians and now have millions of dollars it doesnt make them any different to joe bloggs the shop owner who you stole a chocolate bar from.
Radioshack/Livestrong Racing 10gb
Team GB with Cottie, PnPete, Fangin_it and Metal666
Also the greatest driver never to win anything at KSR ever

The Game

Post by The Game » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:59 pm

I do not use LW as it slowed the computer down quite a bit with all its junk.

Buy from iTunes or another genuine music e-store.
-The Game

streety85b

Post by streety85b » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:34 pm

ugmo wrote:Why not do what was once all you could do and go buy a CD. Why download music?? All my music has been ripped off CDs that have been purchased by either myself or my family.

If I do download anything I jump on itunes and pay wow all of $1 for a track I want.

Its just like stealing something from someone who has worked there arse off to get where they are. Just because they are musicians and now have millions of dollars it doesnt make them any different to joe bloggs the shop owner who you stole a chocolate bar from.
I remember not to long ago you uploaded a screenshot of your pc and it had Bearshare on desktop is this not used for peer to peer downoading of music.

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:41 pm

On topic please......

Corrin24g

Post by Corrin24g » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:30 am

i seen at paknsave u can purchase a kitkat and you get a free itunes song with it. hows that. free music, and a choclate bar! :D

The Game

Post by The Game » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:44 am

Yeah I purchased heaps of milky bars but turns out you can only use up to 5 codes ;(
-The Game

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:28 am

Corrin24g wrote:i seen at paknsave u can purchase a kitkat and you get a free itunes song with it. hows that. free music, and a choclate bar! :D
Freakin Score! Whats better than choclate & music!? :D
Bring Back The Kings! - Ex. 3nz Stockcar Heat 09

Blenderer

Post by Blenderer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:18 am

Shorty wrote:Freakin Score! Whats better than choclate & music!? :D
Ummmm no comment :D
If You Are In Control, You Are Not Going Fast Enough!

streety85b

Post by streety85b » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:44 pm

Off topic again...
What happens in the bedroom stays in the bedroom.