ADSL Gamers Plan

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.

If a company offered a "Gamers" plan would you switch to them?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:38 pm

Yes, without a doubt
11%
Yes, so long as the price was "reasonable" for the plan
78%
No, I'm happy as is.
11%

Total votes: 9

Skelo

ADSL Gamers Plan

Post by Skelo » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:38 pm

Just casing some interest here as I have a few friends at xtra and a couple of other companies.

Enough interest would see something happen...
They seem to think that by a gamers plan we mean a faster plan, now although this would be nice it would come far later than just a change in the caps.

I had a chat with a rep from marketing in xtra (mate in AK) and he seems to think if we (gamers) would be happy with a cap change at the same speed a plan would come so long as there is sufficient evidence that people would take up the plan.

By gamers plan, at this stage we mean

2MB plan but the cap raised to 15 - 40GB instead of the BF2 capping 10GB
Skelo
V Racing

Eagle32

Post by Eagle32 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:54 pm

All they need to do for DSL is follow cables lead and do national at 10% of international or make national free or make the national cap say 40GB and leave the int cap at 10GB.

EDIT - Oh and bumping the uplaod as high as DSL can handle as well. We don't all want to join BF and CS servers. Some people would like to be able to host a game of something else for more than 4 or 5 people.
Cop: Are you OK?
Randolph: I don't know. I'm kinda ****ed up in general, so it's hard to gauge.
- Death to Smoochy

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:50 pm

Bring on a better ping rather than speed and bandwidth...80-100 on DSL when we used to be able to get 30-40 on haxed DSL....why not sort out how to do it with the new exchanges and offer it as an option

Few extra Gig would be well received by the players that spend alot of time online I imagine, possibly go down to a 512k connection but up to 20Gb still lets you play and if it came with a lower ping it'd have me sold (as long as Inspire could offer it of course :p )

With the adds that are on TV now with the 4 stereotypes the gamer better produce something shortly or xtra is going to once again look like a right tard to the gaming community

Soon as I'm back to Palmy I'm back on Inspire Wireless, low ping good plan much fun :D