Wireless/outdoor camera?

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Wireless/outdoor camera?

Post by UnbounD » Sun May 31, 2009 11:22 pm

Hi

After recommendations on a web camera to chuck out on my balconey. Sort of security and sort of for the entertainment of others.
Im sure there would be a few ppl that would like to see the chch 4 aves and its lovely inhabitants on Friday and Saturday nights.

Cheap as possible and something that I can chuck out there and not worry about. USB range is not really enough so Im wondering if theres a wireless option that does not cost the earth. Need to be good frame rate and a mic would be cool. Resolution........be nice to make out plates but Im dreaming.

(I will call it pee cam, so I can publicly defame the pricks that are using my letter box as a urinal, plus we get to watch the cars sliding all over the road etc etc etc)

Any ideas.
"Run Yasmine Run"

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Re: Wireless/outdoor camera?

Post by Prometheus » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:51 am

From awesome to ok.

1. 2.6Ghz wireless cam, will transmit to 100m, weather resistant. 10/10 on the awesome scale, but very pricey, $359

2. 2.4Ghz wireless CMOS cam, just lower quality and not weatherproof, $180

3. lo res usb camera, crap quality but cheap, $15, and get a 5m usb cable from the same place for $18.

If you buy anything from TradeMe I'll disown you and run you off the road every time I see you.
YouTube videos

UnbounD
Bloody SimTV!

Re: Wireless/outdoor camera?

Post by UnbounD » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:42 am

Prometheus wrote:From awesome to ok.

1. 2.6Ghz wireless cam, will transmit to 100m, weather resistant. 10/10 on the awesome scale, but very pricey, $359

2. 2.4Ghz wireless CMOS cam, just lower quality and not weatherproof, $180

3. lo res usb camera, crap quality but cheap, $15, and get a 5m usb cable from the same place for $18.

If you buy anything from TradeMe I'll disown you and run you off the road every time I see you.

Ta for the cable direct link, I need some new cables
:)
"Run Yasmine Run"