Computer Specs, And Game booster

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
Rocketship

Computer Specs, And Game booster

Post by Rocketship » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:58 pm

Ok guys, i think it was you sasquatch that told me to post comp specs, or mite have been slobb.
Where do i find the specs LOL.
Also, with GAME BOOSTER i have a question.
When opening...i just want to clrify the steps.
1.select all background process, and click clean and boost PC
2.then do i click 'game defrag' (beside the 'main') tab.
3.Click the link that i have circled in the picture below.
4.Choose the rFactor Folder.

Is this what i do or do i only need to do Step 1?
Cheers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rocketship

Re: Computer Specs, And Game booster

Post by Rocketship » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:46 pm

:bump:
First post edited.

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:48 pm

For your System Specs, go to start menu, Run, type in DXDiag and hit enter

Screenshot the first page and the "display" page

Obsc3ne

Post by Obsc3ne » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:49 pm

For what you want just use the tab named 'main' and switch it to gaming mode, I wouldn't worry about the defrag options for now

Rocketship

Post by Rocketship » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:57 pm

Here you go, I do noticee that the computer is set to DX9, but my rFactor is set at DX8, would this be dirupting it as they are both different detail levels?
Anyway....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:01 pm

They are pretty much the bare minimum specs for the game lol, Im surprised you can actually run it on DX8

Rocketship

Post by Rocketship » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:07 pm

It runs the game fine.
Its just when there is lots of loading to do like last night, it stuggeled when loading track and everyones vehicles.
The game went straight back to the rfactor main menu, after everything was loaded, and i was about to press race. (this happened 4 times.
Then some genious, (i think it was slobb(mofo)), told me to get Game Booster, the game worked as soon as i got that.
Actually, it could have been sasquatch that told me ;)

slobb11

Post by slobb11 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:34 am

Wasn't me. I was, and still am, pretty sure that the trouble you're experiencing is a shortage of memory....both video memory, and system memory.
Cancelling any unnecessary processes will help free up some system memory. I don't know game booster, but I assume it does this.
The other thing that should help you is to (whenever possible) run a low-res skin pack. Lower res skins means less being loaded into video memory.

The trouble is....looking at your specs you don't really have ONE weak point. It's pretty much all bare minimum at the moment ;)
Time for an upgrade bud :)
Slobb11
Mad Mofo Extraordinaire
The maddest in mofos since 1982

Rocketship

Post by Rocketship » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:24 pm

Yeah bro for sure, and yes game booster turns off every background program while your in gaming mode, then you switch back to normal mod and it starts everything again.
Im thinking about just swaping full size compture...this one using atm, and chuck my new one, HP PC.. downstairs. then getting maniaks graphics card(rfactor recommends it, so the maual says ;) ) and putting it in Full size comp.
Then ill look at getting 1gig or maybe 2 gig ram later in the year maybe early chritmas present for me or get ma parents to buy it haha.
Thanks man.
EDIT:How do i get a low res skin pack for just the meganes? or even stockys..
and also can't i just run on low detail?, or is that not realy the same a low res skins, plus, i have been running Dx7 on KSS, when the lights come on, this helps lag abit but doesnt make it completey normal.

newbie10

Post by newbie10 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:40 pm

sorry to butt in but does my pc meet the minimum specs i wouldnt have a clue if it does or doesnt.
SARCASM: the bodys natural defence against stupid
Did I offend you, maybe you needed to be offended!
I am multi lingual...I can speak English, sarcasm and smart arse!!

slobb11

Post by slobb11 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:22 pm

http://tinyurl.com/mqsk8v ;p

Seriously...given that you're running Vista....I would say just barely. Vista is notoriously bad at resource management lol.

I'm not sure we made a low-res skin pack for the Meganes Rocketship. Check the Megane Download thread and see if there's a low-res skin pack link next to the high-res pack.
Slobb11
Mad Mofo Extraordinaire
The maddest in mofos since 1982

vandem
GPL luddite

Post by vandem » Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:29 pm

newbie10 wrote:sorry to butt in but does my pc meet the minimum specs i wouldnt have a clue if it does or doesnt.
An AMD 64 3800+ will do the job for rF with mid-range graphics settings, provided you have a reasonable video card. Not an onboard 6150SE. Assuming your motherboard takes an PCI-E card (it should do), look on TradeMe for a 7600GT PCI-E viedo card, they go for $40 - 70.

For a couple of years I used a AMD 64 3200+ with an X800GT (which is equivalent to the older 6600GT). rF ran OK on medium graphics settings. But I was using XP not Vista.

P.S. for system info, suggest you download and use CPU-Z utility (Google it)

P.P.S. For anybody thinking of a new gaming PC, suggest you check out GP Forums thread here: http://www.gpforums.co.nz/forum/PC-Build-Help, particularly the "Default GP $500 - $2000+ PC Build Suggestions" thread.