Graphics Card

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
Pitbull

Graphics Card

Post by Pitbull » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:07 pm

Hi All,

Just wondering what is a good graphics card to buy that will handle stuff like Race Driver GRID etc and so on that is round and under the $300 mark as i have a new comp and got a crappy onboard Graphics card which is a ATI Radeon HD 3200 which i think is a PCI Express ?? so yeah.

Any help greatly appreciated if anyone has any ideas as im stuck as i don't know much about computer internals >_<

Cheers
Pitbull

vandem
GPL luddite

Re: Graphics Card

Post by vandem » Sat Jun 26, 2010 5:30 pm

Always good advice at GPForums (NZ site) PC Build forum here:
http://www.gpforums.co.nz/forum/PC-Build-Help

In particular the "Default GP $500 - $2000+ PC Build Suggestions" thread. The $1200 build is currently using:
GFX: $269.00 ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

Also on the same forum is a "The Official GP Guide On Building a PC" thread with pics to help you install stuff. _b

Pitbull

Post by Pitbull » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:17 pm

vandem wrote:Always good advice at GPForums (NZ site) PC Build forum here:
http://www.gpforums.co.nz/forum/PC-Build-Help

In particular the "Default GP $500 - $2000+ PC Build Suggestions" thread. The $1200 build is currently using:
GFX: $269.00 ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5

Also on the same forum is a "The Official GP Guide On Building a PC" thread with pics to help you install stuff. _b
Wow wicked stuff there Vandem, thanks heaps for that will check it out :)

Pitbull

Post by Pitbull » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:03 pm

vandem wrote:GFX: $269.00 ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB GDDR5
Just looking at this card it says it needs a Display Port Panel doesn't that mean i need a new screen as the cables will not fit into the back ??

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:04 pm

You should be able to get a cable from a PC shop with your monitor plug on one end and the graphics card one on the other end ... I know I had to get a HDMI to whatever the old style plug is for my card

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:09 pm

HD5770 has a DVI and HDMI cable port on them, I have one here in front of me Im either going to sell or put in my PC but still making up my mind at the moment ;p
Radioshack/Livestrong Racing 10gb
Team GB with Cottie, PnPete, Fangin_it and Metal666
Also the greatest driver never to win anything at KSR ever

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:13 pm

ugmo wrote:HD5770 has a DVI and HDMI cable port on them, I have one here in front of me Im either going to sell or put in my PC but still making up my mind at the moment ;p
And once you do, Ill be first in line for whichever one you decide to sell :D

Pitbull

Post by Pitbull » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:15 pm

Bull wrote:You should be able to get a cable from a PC shop with your monitor plug on one end and the graphics card one on the other end ... I know I had to get a HDMI to whatever the old style plug is for my card
Arn't they expensive ??

ugmo wrote:HD5770 has a DVI and HDMI cable port on them, I have one here in front of me Im either going to sell or put in my PC but still making up my mind at the moment ;p
in english for me haha, does that mean it will run a standard cable connection etc ??
Sorry for my lame questions >_<

Bull

Post by Bull » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:16 pm

Mine was a freebie from Ugmo, lol, but I did do some pricing cause he got it couriered from his work and it was taking far to long so considered going and getting one myself. Average price was between 8-12$ each

Pitbull

Post by Pitbull » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:17 pm

Bull wrote:Mine was a freebie from Ugmo, lol, but I did do some pricing cause he got it couriered from his work and it was taking far to long so considered going and getting one myself. Average price was between 8-12$ each
Oh ok not too bad then haha :D

Kinser

Post by Kinser » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:59 am

Pitbull wrote:in english for me haha, does that mean it will run a standard cable connection etc ??
:D The HD5770 Pitty mate has three ports on the back, HDMI, Display Port and a DVI, so three ports are on the back of the Graphic Card.

This is the one bro and as you can see three ports for the HD5770.

I have two HD5770 and I run DVI and Display Port as I have mutiple screens. It's a great graphics card and for the price of what they're charging $269, that's good price.

The cords aren't expensive Pitty and there's an IT place in Tauranga that sell's all the cables mates.

Pitbull

Post by Pitbull » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Kinser wrote:
Pitbull wrote:in english for me haha, does that mean it will run a standard cable connection etc ??
:D The HD5770 Pitty mate has three ports on the back, HDMI, Display Port and a DVI, so three ports are on the back of the Graphic Card.

This is the one bro and as you can see three ports for the HD5770.

I have two HD5770 and I run DVI and Display Port as I have mutiple screens. It's a great graphics card and for the price of what they're charging $269, that's good price.

The cords aren't expensive Pitty and there's an IT place in Tauranga that sell's all the cables mates.
Wicked as, cheers Kinser looks like this is the one i will be getting then ;) when funds allow haha