mapping G27 wheel button for TS

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
BK

mapping G27 wheel button for TS

Post by BK » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:28 pm

For those who are interested in mapping a button on the G27 wheel for TS, here's how I've done it. (this may work for the G25)

Open the logitech profiler for the wheel and select the button from the picture you wish to use to activate TS.

Click on the selected button and choose Select Command => New Command. This opens a window that allows you to record an action.
Press record and press and release the key on the keyboard that you use to active TS. (If you use whisper then you will need to change this and allocate a key).

You should see the two key strokes with and down and up arrow next to them. Save this with a name like "talk" and now next to the button on the profiler you should see the name talk.

The ony down side to this is when you are using TS and press the button on the wheel to talk, TS doesn't recognise the action so doesn't highlight the green circle next to your name. You can also use you the button on the keyboard as well.

Hope this helps. PM if you have any problems.
Last edited by BK on Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Blaktop

Re: mapping G27 wheel button for TS

Post by Blaktop » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 am

I just went into Teamspeak Options/Hotkeys. Click the Add button and a dialogue box pops up, highlight Push To Talk and click the button that says No Hotkey Assigned, press your key, click Ok and you're done. I never could get it to work through the profiler. I used to use a little app called JoyToKey which worked fine as well but TS3 has all the options to make it easy.

Yoda_NZ

Post by Yoda_NZ » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:26 am

Do you have to run rfactor through the Logitec Profiler or will it regonise that it is running

Sulley

Post by Sulley » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:40 am

Yoda_NZ wrote:Do you have to run rfactor through the Logitec Profiler or will it regonise that it is running
I have profiler setup with wheel settings and the Z key for Push to Talk assigned to a button on the wheel. The profiler start when windows starts and applys a persistent profile (another setting in the software) all I need to do is start rFactor and away laughing. Them I load the right control set from within rFactor which has messages defined, lcd mode, pitstop, limiter that sort thing assigned.

Is probably easier now with version 5.10 logitech drovers and win7 as u can control the wheel fully ingame I understand, but Im still running rFcator on Xp...
"Hey, did you lose weight, or a limb?"
Sulley – James P. “Sulley” Sullivan

"Laughter has more power than screams"

Rocketship

Post by Rocketship » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Awsome. I've always wondered if this could be done.

Thanks mate, easy as _b Im on G25.