Rfactor re authorisation.

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
RGVkiwi

Rfactor re authorisation.

Post by RGVkiwi » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi Guys

I am upgrading my pc to something in this decade and wondered if any of you know how to backup the Rfactor Authorisation key.

It's a real pain having to wait for ISI to resend the key. I might have the email from my last time but i suspect it either times out or is a one time thing....

I understand this may not be somethign that could/should be posted publicly so if you would prefer to PM me a link or a brief descritpion I would appreciate it.

I have searched but all i find are hacking related posts...which is annoying because I came across intructions on how to do it not so long ago. Just can't remember how or even why they would have popped up at the time!

Cheers
Mark.

BK

Re: Rfactor re authorisation.

Post by BK » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Try this:

Link to where I got it from - http://forums.speedgeezers.net/index.ph ... opic=30857

Copy the folder TryMedia from within: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ here
To a save location, then when you have reinstalled everything just copy this folder back into the Application Data folder, and rFactor is running like before.

Bold
Bloody SimTV!

Re: Rfactor re authorisation.

Post by Bold » Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi, I was meaning to reply yesterday.. BK is right, but if you are upgrading hardware it probably wont work. The license when activated gets associated with your motherboard, if this is different it will ask you to reactivate. Try it anyway, if you're lucky it might work.

If you are just re-installing the OS, then saving the actiavtion files works a treat :)