Skype phone issues

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Skype phone issues

Post by Prometheus » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:18 pm

Picked up a USB phone, which came with software "SkyGear" to enable it to be used by Sype.

If I run SkyGear, the phone randomly beeps as the 1 and 3 keys appear to be hit - it's a software issue, there's nothing running as a background task, and I've tried running the phone with no other usb devices plugged in. :mad:

If I run the phone without SkyGear, I don't have this issue at all, but the handset part of the phone won't work, only the speaker phone part. :mad:

Can I use a generic USB phone driver ? Is there a generic USB phone driver around ? Does anyone have something similar that could work ?

Why do these things keep happening to me ? Why is it that nothing new I use, simply work. farrrrrk
YouTube videos

mikool

Post by mikool » Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:23 am

Try skypemate. not sure where to get form but I have used a USB phone with it and it worked really well.

I just found this link http://www.yealink.com/en/skypedown.asp give that a try.
Mikool...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Prometheus
Bloody SimTV!

Post by Prometheus » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:19 am

Ta, I'll give it a try. Turns out the software that came with the phone is buggy. I installed the same phone and software onto my fathers' new Acer P4, with exactly the same problem. Random dialing of 1 and 3.

Bah.
YouTube videos