Fastest PC in the World, and it's an INTEL

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:41 pm

What ho? A twist!

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4843&page=1

:)

"Having taken it on the chin in just about every review over the past three years, Intel has now re-engineered its next processor line-up so that it… well, does more without cooking computer innards. Forty per cent faster with forty per cent less power consumption is the promise.

Intel let some of the internet review sites bench a new Conroe processor, matching it against AMD’s top-end dual-core Athlon 64 X2 FX60 running at 2.8GHz. Despite only going at 2.66GHz, Conroe wiped the floor with Athlon FX60."
Don't make me destroy you.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:53 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote:What ho? A twist!

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4843&page=1

"Having taken it on the chin in just about every review over the past three years, Intel has now re-engineered its next processor line-up so that it… well, does more without cooking computer innards. Forty per cent faster with forty per cent less power consumption is the promise.

Intel let some of the internet review sites bench a new Conroe processor, matching it against AMD’s top-end dual-core Athlon 64 X2 FX60 running at 2.8GHz. Despite only going at 2.66GHz, Conroe wiped the floor with Athlon FX60."
YAY

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:02 pm

It's called FUD.

Intel: Look we're getting our arses handed to us on the dual core front, server cpus and hell even single core (but our laptop marketing has been uber successful so we own that space), but hey look our next product not yet released is waaaay better than anything AMD has out now.

Some things never change.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:42 pm

Agent X20 wrote:It's called FUD.

Intel: Look we're getting our arses handed to us on the dual core front, server cpus and hell even single core (but our laptop marketing has been uber successful so we own that space), but hey look our next product not yet released is waaaay better than anything AMD has out now.

Some things never change.
We'll see if it's FUD soon enough I guess.

Remember what I said earlier? Become platform agnostic. Pretty soon you'll be a glass half full guy like me. Then you to can get excited over the prospect of a shiny new CPU architecture that'll make yer games go faster... no matter what mega-corporation happens to be building it.

Metla

Post by Metla » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:23 pm

It still depends on what price bracket the new CPU from Intel falls into.

I would say I am indifferent as to who is poducing the gear, If Intel were prepared/capable of putting a CPU on the market that compared on value for coin and performance then I would buy it. Its been a long time between drinks as far as Intel goes though.

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:47 pm

Skuzzlebutt wrote: We'll see if it's FUD soon enough I guess.

Remember what I said earlier? Become platform agnostic.
I was commenting more on the marketing "spin" being applied rather than highlighting any personal preference although to my mind of the current generation the AMD products are superior pretty much across the board, except perhaps in the portable sector where the (P3 derived) Pentium M is a great product.

Skuzzlebutt
Team DuD Motorsport

Post by Skuzzlebutt » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:50 pm

Agent X20 wrote:
Skuzzlebutt wrote: We'll see if it's FUD soon enough I guess.

Remember what I said earlier? Become platform agnostic.
I was commenting more on the marketing "spin" being applied rather than highlighting any personal preference although to my mind of the current generation the AMD products are superior pretty much across the board, except perhaps in the portable sector where the (P3 derived) Pentium M is a great product.
Yeah but you sounded grumpy :D

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:38 am

Skuzzlebutt wrote:Yeah but you sounded grumpy :D
Ahh well I must've forgotten to take my daily dose of smilies. ;p