New Case Time

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
Scrunty

Post by Scrunty » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:30 pm

Going to drag this thread up sorry ;)
I only read your first post then skimmed the rest..

Just out of interest what sort of watercooling are you using?
Its near impossible to get any condensation with conventional watercooling so I wouldn't be worried about that.

Atm I'm using an old icute case (have had for three years) with a custom built rangi job cooling system. (Car heatcore, submersible fish pump in res, homemade all-copper block)
Currently have hundreds of dollars worth of shit sitting in my room to rebuild my pc but have not found the motivation yet to complete the case altercations :(

Silverstone TJ-06 (HUGE!)
DD-D5 pump
Themochill PA-160.1 Radiator (group buy import from the UK)
A shitload of Tygon tubing (@ $2.75 US per foot :/ )
A maze 4 GPU block
A cable sleeving kit
A fill-port reseviour and multiple fill-ports (to use as a filler and a drain)

I kind of stalled as I wanted to upgrade to A64/939 first but then ran out of money :ffs:

And lastly can I just say I really dislike almost all thermal-take cases, thermal-take piss me off no end by taking others ideas and releasing crappy versions to the masses.
But in saying that, theres nothing really wrong with them - in a practial sense they work well but I personally don't like the look of them either.
(although that of course is a completely personal thing that varies from person to person)
Halo Racing

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:35 pm

All good Scrunty, I only know what I read in reviews about cases. And I haven't read alot of different case reviews. However I do know people with Thermaltake cases and they love them. I also lnow I have a Thermaltake water cooling system and I want minimal hassles installing it the day before the Easter Lan. After talking to Mat at VRConcepts I have changed my mind on the Kandalf principly due to the weight factor and gone for a SHARK

X20 tell me this case looks ugly to you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:20 pm

Thats a better case,

heres one of thermaltakes new cases, i think its ok

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Ther ... /MatrixVX/ _b

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:27 am

Mattly wrote: X20 tell me this case looks ugly to you!
It's better... :)

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:13 am

Mattly wrote:All good Scrunty, I only know what I read in reviews about cases. And I haven't read alot of different case reviews. However I do know people with Thermaltake cases and they love them. I also lnow I have a Thermaltake water cooling system and I want minimal hassles installing it the day before the Easter Lan. After talking to Mat at VRConcepts I have changed my mind on the Kandalf principly due to the weight factor and gone for a SHARK

X20 tell me this case looks ugly to you!
Likewise Mattly, have reviewed my purchase and dropped the 16kg plan and gone for the lighter 8kg version...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:31 am

Very nice Carnage. _b We will be the coolest :cool: geeks at the LAN. _b
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

CarnaGe

Post by CarnaGe » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:43 am

Unfortunately this geek has speedway committments all Easter weekend.

Napier Friday night then Saturday and Sunday nights in Rotorua. I have warned Inspector that if there is a hit of rain I will be zooming south with all the LAN bits on board.