Whos going Vista

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 4:45 pm

Bugger
From nVidia
"We recognize that many GeForce 8800 customers are eager to use their new hardware with Windows Vista. We've received numerous questions from users, and we've seen your comments and complaints on the forums.

Due to rigorous testing requirements to ensure stability and optimal performance, Vista drivers for GeForce 8800 are still in QA. Our driver team and test labs must ensure compatibility across multiple platforms and hundreds of applications, a process that takes several weeks to complete. Please keep in mind that Windows Vista will not be available to end-users until the end of January. We'd like to assure you that Vista drivers for the GeForce 8800 will be available to download when Vista ships to end users at the end of January.

Thank you."

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:47 pm

Wow! :eek:

I knew they were having trouble shipping drivers but sheesh

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Wed Dec 06, 2006 5:54 pm

You would of thought that when Nvidia released a very expensive DX10 card that they would of had the drivers to go with it. Too eager to get the card out first i think.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:35 pm

Liquid wrote:You would of thought that when Nvidia released a very expensive DX10 card that they would of had the drivers to go with it. Too eager to get the card out first i think.
Agreed, and they have already released plans for the G84 in March, story at http://www.simcentral.co.nz

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:26 pm

Typhoon wrote:
Liquid wrote:You would of thought that when Nvidia released a very expensive DX10 card that they would of had the drivers to go with it. Too eager to get the card out first i think.
Agreed, and they have already released plans for the G84 in March, story at http://www.simcentral.co.nz
Yaa will be cool to see how the mid-range release stacks up to the current ones, or what nVidia releases to replace the GTS and GTX series

muahaha just noticed the source...The inquirier....now theres a bunch of guys that dont listen to gossip ;p

for more speculation go here http://www.techpowerup.com/archive.php?20119

but anyway.....back on topic.....still running Vista 32 though not as much now with the drivers reducing me to a lower res (cant run 1920x1200) gone so far as to change my XP interface to closely resemble the Vista one....seems like going back to the dark ages switching back

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:36 pm

They way it looks to me is that the gamers version of Vista wont be ready till Jan30th and it will only be then that all versions of vista will recieve patches to sort out the game performance issues. fingers crossed.
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Liquid

Post by Liquid » Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:02 pm

Mattly the version that is out on end of Jan is the same as what we are running now, iam running the Ultimate Version. If i had a DX10 card now and using Vista i would be bummed to have to wait another month, Ati have at least there Vista Beta Drivers out and they seem pretty good.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:07 pm

Yes Liquid is correct.
The Retails versions are not hitting shelves till 30th Jan so the manufactures like HP, Dell, Acer, Toshiba etc..... have time to run their old systems out that don't come with the software assurance, and start preparing new systems to ship World Wide with Vista.

Mattly

Post by Mattly » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:26 pm

Liquid wrote:Mattly the version that is out on end of Jan is the same as what we are running now, iam running the Ultimate Version. If i had a DX10 card now and using Vista i would be bummed to have to wait another month, Ati have at least there Vista Beta Drivers out and they seem pretty good.
I would be to, but i think that the offical release of Vista for home users is end of Jan and that is why they haven't probably put enough priority on getting the patch organised. You are right though. ;)
Master Mattly
Team Voda
I wanna go fast

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:13 pm

http://www.simcentral.co.nz/index.php?o ... 9&Itemid=0

Looks like a major effort is being put in to get Manufactures and Developers to embrace Vista64 by getting there drivers sorted.

Agent X20

Post by Agent X20 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:48 pm

You know if you're going to steal Inquirer articles verbatim you really should at least give them credit... O_o

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:28 pm

as such http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=36100

Some quite interesting reads over there just have to take everything with a grain of salt I've found as occasionally they have been known to report rumour as well as fact ;)

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:34 pm

she's all chickens and eggs, bollox ! ;p
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Typhoon

Post by Typhoon » Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:13 am

Agent X20 wrote:You know if you're going to steal Inquirer articles verbatim you really should at least give them credit... O_o
I do have the writters name at the bottom, and it was hyperlinked, but it's dropped off. And that is typical Agent, instead of joining the discussion you just want to start throwing names around. Why do so many people have issues staying on the topic in the forum?