5.1 surround set up

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
Ugmo

5.1 surround set up

Post by Ugmo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:20 pm

Having problems setting up a 5.1 logitech surround speaker system. It plays music in 2.1 and I have no idea how to change it. It will play DVD movies through 5.1 no problem.

Any Ideas??
Radioshack/Livestrong Racing 10gb
Team GB with Cottie, PnPete, Fangin_it and Metal666
Also the greatest driver never to win anything at KSR ever

Munis

Post by Munis » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:22 pm

give it to me ????

MAD!!!
47c Individual League

Ugmo

Post by Ugmo » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:23 pm

haha Im not that mad to give away the soon to be father in laws new speakers hahaha

He's rumoured to be MAD!!
Radioshack/Livestrong Racing 10gb
Team GB with Cottie, PnPete, Fangin_it and Metal666
Also the greatest driver never to win anything at KSR ever

Growler

Post by Growler » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:10 pm

I have the Logitech 4.1 speaker system. What sound card are you running? All of the settings etc to set up/change are on the sound card.
In my case I have an Audigy 2 and the Creative install has all of the settings for speakers, balance, calibrations etc.

Growler.

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:16 am

Assuming you have all the right cables plugged in going from your sound card to your logitech speaker setup (and you also have 5.1 set as your sound setup in your sound config settings) .. :)

Depending on the drivers and sofware you are running for your sound card .. you'll need to tell it that you want music to be distributed to all your speakers (your drivers and software may not be set up to do this by default)

I run a creative Audigy2 and the software I use is Creative Surround Mixer, in there is an area called EAX Console, in there it has a part called CMSS 3D, it has options for you to enable CMSS 3D and choose the type of surround you want for 'stereo audio' it's likely that CMSS 3D or the equivalent in your system isn't on by default (it wasn't for me) so by enabling it, it puts the front 2 channels over the rear 2 channels aswell.

I use CMSS2 as the setting under 'CMSS 3D' and have the stereo focus 16% to the front, but your settings will depend on the room and speaker location :)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.