ISP survey.......

Computers, gadgets, electronics, mobiles, networking - it's all here.
Inspector
Team DuD Motorsport

ISP survey.......

Post by Inspector » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:27 pm

Source - consumer.org.nz

The important part is highlighted in red :)

Media release: ISP survey reveals unprecedented dissatisfaction with broadband
5-Nov-2007

Consumer's latest ISP survey of almost 10,000 internet users has revealed unprecedented dissatisfaction with Xtra and internet services in general in New Zealand.

The survey found Xtra was rated the worst ISP by consumer.org.nz subscribers for the third year running. Less than half of Xtra subscribers were happy with its service. Only 42 percent rated Xtra's performance as "good" or "very good" overall, and this number dropped to a meagre 36 percent after Xtra's highly publicised Yahoo Bubble email fiasco. 25 percent rated Xtra's performance as "poor" or "very poor", by far the greatest level of dissatisfaction with any ISP in New Zealand.

Consumer CEO Suzanne Chetwin says that while Telecom has repeatedly mentioned improving services for broadband users, that hasn't translated into the reality for most consumers.

Broadband users have been promised so much in terms of faster speeds, larger data caps, and cheaper pricing. But our survey shows that most customers think they're getting a rough deal. And compared with overseas, there's no doubt they are.

The story from Telecom has been, 'Just wait, faster broadband is coming. Wait a little longer.' But the deadline is always pushed out - a year, two years, or the latest statement from Telecom is that faster broadband will be available to everyone in around four years' time. Customers are tired of paying exorbitant prices while waiting for things to improve.

Telecom was forced to repay around $8.5 million earlier this year to subscribers on its Go Large plan. The Commerce Commission investigation initiated by Consumers' Institute found that customers had been misled regarding unlimited download speeds and unlimited data usage.

In addition to Xtra's poor performance in the survey, many customers of other ISPs, such as Orcon and Slingshot openly criticised Telecom for their ISP's performance.

Other common complaints in the survey included poor customer service, long waits for technical support, and the difficulty of changing ISP.

Of the 16 major ISPs in New Zealand, the top ranking provider was Inspire, with 94 percent of its customers happy with its performance. Inspire has rated as the best ISP for four years in a row. Actrix and Maxnet also rated extremely well.

Our survey should encourage the good providers that they're on the right track, and spur the poor providers into improvement.

Broadband customers are starting to vote with their feet. As LLU rolls out and more choice is available to customers, some ISPs should be very scared about how they've treated their customers.

Executive Director of InternetNZ, Keith Davidson, agrees and says the results of our survey are very useful.

"Internet users are getting more sophisticated in their ability to differentiate providers on the basis of quality of services, a distinct change from not so long ago when price was the prevalent differentiation point."
Inspector

---

The Game

Re: ISP survey.......

Post by The Game » Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:12 pm

Inspector wrote: Of the 16 major ISPs in New Zealand, the top ranking provider was Inspire, with 94 percent of its customers happy with its performance. Inspire has rated as the best ISP for four years in a row. Actrix and Maxnet also rated extremely well.
_b _b _b _b
-The Game

panther

Post by panther » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:29 am

Congrats once again to Inspire. I cant wait to be able to afford to connect my own phone line in my room so I dont have to share this stupid 6 gig Xtra connection that the flatmates insist is the best for them (5 of us sharing it) :eek:
I will definitely be heading back to Inspire
I cant wait for the day that we can get ADSL without having to have a landline connection
sex should be like a Honda: slow obscene and loud enough for the neighbours to hear.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing.

Stinger

Post by Stinger » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:43 am

Well done Inspire. You deserve the top spot! :D _b

Best ISP i have ever been with, never had any problems and the support is awesome plus the extra services is #1 :cool: :D

Jetboy

Post by Jetboy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:51 pm

Yep grats Inspire once again, reminds me I must pay my bill :p

Kahnage

Post by Kahnage » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:11 pm

Well I must be one of the only people who are still happy to stay with Xtra, now that Go Large has lost pretty much all of its customers I'm getting the fastest downloads I've ever had, upto 4mb from the inspire server :eek:

living right next to a Telecom exchange it quite cool too :D
2nd - Superstocks Teams Season 1 2007 - Kihikihi Kings
3rd - NZ Streetstock Grand Prix 2009
3rd - Rabbit's Tanks vs. Spaceframes Event - Palmerston North Panthers

Naki

Post by Naki » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:20 pm

I couldn't be more happier with Xtra...

Congrats to inspire on there achievements _b _b

BAZZIL
Boom Boom !

Post by BAZZIL » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:53 pm

Naki wrote:I couldn't be more happier with Xtra...
How so, do you actually use your internet and e-mail? :eek:
:)
Boom Boom !
If ya don't know what to do, Don't ask Snake Wogers, he's got no idea.

Naki

Post by Naki » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:11 pm

lol Yeah only every day :D

I must just be lucky or something...As i've hardly had a problem and when i do it's easy fix _b

Bull

Post by Bull » Wed Nov 07, 2007 7:39 am

Same here

Sasquatch

Post by Sasquatch » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:35 am

No surprise there. I certainly don't need an article informing me how crap Xtra is in general. Inspire rules 4 years in the running = end

_b
Admire the fur

The Game

Post by The Game » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:12 pm

Have xtra currently. Good when it works, but 80% of time it is slow as a snail..looking at changing to InSPire soon _b
-The Game

Shorty

Post by Shorty » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:35 pm

Well done InSPire! :) Might have to make the change too.. :D
Bring Back The Kings! - Ex. 3nz Stockcar Heat 09